F1technical v8 (20 december)

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
bettonracing

Re: F1T update coming on 20 dec

I just noticed that all the cars in the Technical Articles section are either Ferraris (even in the Renault Information Management System article) or are painted red (Brabham articles).

Either somebody's suppresed favoritism is coming out (Tomba? Principessa?) or I've gotten so biased that my eyes are deceiving me...

Kurt

Steven
Owner

bettonracing wrote:I just noticed that all the cars in the Technical Articles section are either Ferraris (even in the Renault Information Management System article) or are painted red (Brabham articles).

Either somebody's suppresed favoritism is coming out (Tomba? Principessa?) or I've gotten so biased that my eyes are deceiving me...

Kurt
Believe it or not, but those images were actually made by manchild :D
Anyway, it used to be the yellow teapot for history and the R26 for the "general" topic, but since the R26 is a bit outdated we changed it. If you really dislike the red, you are free to make new images and send them to me ;)

modbaraban

Tomba wrote:Believe it or not, but those images were actually made by manchild :D
Also I noticed that manchild himself is included in the update... unless It's not some sort of emulation :lol: I hope not ;)

mx_tifoso

Excellent work Tomba! This has definately surpassed our expectations, or at least mine!

I was barely able to check everything out this morning, I even dreamt of this site last night believe it or not. Thats how bad I wanted to see the new updates I guess! This site means more to me than you guys can imagine, it has been my F1 home for more than a year now and I hope I can be here for many more years to come. I appreciate everything you two have done for this marvelous site.

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year Everyone!

Best Regards,
Javier
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

bettonracing

Tomba wrote:Believe it or not, but those images were actually made by manchild :D
lol! He's finally given in!...
Tomba wrote:Anyway, it used to be the yellow teapot for history and the R26 for the "general" topic, but since the R26 is a bit outdated we changed it. If you really dislike the red, you are free to make new images and send them to me ;)
If it was left up to me, the checkered flag would be Ferrari red & white... Don't hold Your breath waiting on any other colors/cars from me!

Kurt

manchild

Those icons I made a year ago or so had appearance/colors of those who won WDC & WCC (Renault, Alonso, Michelin). That's why they were used during 2007. Now Ferrari won WDC and I've changed them to latest ones who won WCC (Ferrari, Kimi, Bridgestone).

Ok I admit it, Tomba had to remind me to change Renault to Ferrari. I was aware of it from day one but just hoped that he's too busy and that he'll forget about that. Unfortunately he didn't and I was forced (omg how he forced me) to make Ferrari icons.

General icon shows car that won latest WCC and history icon shows first car of team that won latest WCC. So, during 2007 you had "yellow tea pot" and R26 while now you have 125 F1 and F2007.

formula1ps2

Great job on the new look of F1T! Lots of new information, will be visiting the site more in the future. Keep up the good work.

Tifoso

I find it grea! Really, it's a great new re-stiling, it looks much more "advanced". The main menu is much more logical, cleaner and better than the old one.

If I had to say something negative... maybe I'd change the colour used for the forums. I think that with a more contrasted one with the background, it'd be better.

But it's just my opinion.

Congratulations! [-o<

Principessa

We will also put you up to so gambling :P ! If you read a newsarticle on F1technical, you will find a banner of Bwin to bet on F1-related bets. If you click it and you bet on it, we get a small percentage of it....so it would be nice to see you bet a lot as we will be able to get out of the costs in that way :wink: !
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

mahesh248

The type/composing client is a lot better now , The change has made this web site look a lot Better . I can smell what F1tech is cooking =D>

persovik

Re: F1technical v8 (20 december)

Absolutely brilliant. This is now the best site on the internet in terms of layout and integration. Fantastic!
Tomba, I hope your real life clients are aware of how brilliant you are!!!
"Rules are for the interpretation of wise men, and the obedience of fools." -Colin Chapman-
"Trying is the first step towards failure." -Homer Simpson-

Steven
Owner

Thank you all very much for such great feedback!
I'm glad you like it.

I think it worked to keep our identity while at the same time give it a quality push. The previous version (on review) may have been a little too white and the variable width was often a problem to fit the content nicely and make it look good for everyone.
Personally I'm most proud of the dropdown menu on top. It was not that much work compared to other changes but it obviously made room as we removed the left menu (which has been there since the very beginning of F1T).

You may also have noted that, as there is more time now for me to do other stuff, I'm trying to write some articles and update what we already have. As a result, there have been some car updates and more will follow soon. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have information on a car, I would be glad to add it.

Then finally I'm really looking forward to getting started with the car launches. In fact F1T will be at the Toyota launch, thanks to Racecar Engineering ;)

Treead

Love the new look, like the fact that I can access more from the home page than before. However, may I make 1 small request? I miss the prev/next pages arrows (</>) in the forums, would it be possible to add them back if they don't break the look/feel of the page? Thanks!

Carlos

Re: F1 technical v8 (20 december)

Treed - Welcome to the Forum, may I also remark on what an incredible country you've chosen to reside. My words (above) exactly. The user interface is so very improved; I swear it approaches the telepathic :D

Principessa

Hi all,

For the ones who might not have noticed...we have a weather update on our site now. So when you look in the right black box which announces upcoming F1 tests or Grands Prix, you will see the weather at the circuit where the test/GP is scheduled. Let me point out that the weather you see appearing on our site is how the current weather is (so if you look at night on our site, you will see a little moon). If you want to know which weather they are forecasting for the following day(s), you just have to click 'Weather forecast'. After each session, we put online the timings like always, but now you can go in the black box as well and click on session to see the results of that day of testing/GP.

I hope you will all like this new service :oops: