Call for feedback: Image gallery

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Steven
Owner

Call for feedback: Image gallery

The image gallery is now around for about a year, and I think it is time to hear what you think about it, so that we can adapt it and make it more useable. As a help, here are a few questions which could help us out, but you can as well just reply here and have your say.

1. Do you like the album per car structure?
2. What for and how do you use the F1T gallery? Or why don't you?
3. Which layout elements do you not like or need?
4. What functionality would you like to see added or removed?

I'm looking forward to your reactions!

Thanks,
Steven

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: Call for feedback: Image gallery

At least in my personal experiences, the picture gallery seems to load a bit slower than other picture galleries from other sites. But I guess it's normal since this site [F1technical] loads slower than most other sites I visit, regardless of where I'm located (home, school, etc).

I do use the picture gallery sometimes, but mostly for reference to older models from past years or specifications from the current seasons chassis.

But it's obvious that most everyone uses other sites such as motorsport.com, gpupdate.net,etc, for picture galleries of ongoing events (Oz GP for example, or winter testing).

But overall it's a well put together section. IMO, possibly the only downside to it might be the slow downloading speeds on some occasions.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

bar555
bar555

An option to higher res images would be really great :!:

Also good images of older cars from 90's and 80's are rear and would be nice to add some .

Thanks anyway for the images already provided
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

manchild
manchild

I think that randomly shown "picture of the day" only increases your traffic pointlessly. It is of no benefit to the site or to the visitors.

Harrelson

I would visit the picture gallery more often if there were high resolution images there

Steven
Owner

As you will notice, I have made some changes based on the feedback so far and the confirmation of my ideas.

Changed:
- Image of the day has been removed as it is nice but rather pointless
- Commenting on images also removed to speed up pages
- All images are now larger ;)
- Image information was changed: I have removed technical image info (such as aperture, shutter speed) and changed the layout of it.

I hope this helps to improve it. Please don't hesitate to add your ideas or problems here, as you can see it's not for nothing ;)

f1italia

I like the image gallery but I would like to see more of the following:

Images of the cars getting worked on in the garage
Images of action in the pits
and maybe some older race pics