Anyone else getting this popup?

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Ray

Anyone else getting this popup?

I'm using Safari 4 and the latest version of Firefox in OS X 10.5.7 and it's all up to date. Have I missed something that was disseminated through this forum for logging in?

mx_tifoso

Re: Anyone else getting this popup?

I have got it as well, using Firefox at the moment.

Although I was on IE about an hour ago, but I don't remember if the popup came up then too or not.

To everyone: Please contact Tomba whenever you see or run into anything strange on the site.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

wesley123

Never sen it, but i wouldnt fill it in, it mgiht something from a hacker or something.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Conceptual

Looks like a proxy is set in firefox...

Ray

Conceptual wrote:Looks like a proxy is set in firefox...
I don't have any proxies set and it happens in Safari 4 starting today for both. Plus Safari 4 crashes ALOT. Never had that problem with 3.

Conceptual

I get a similar message when I use the proxies for the BBC website.

I wonder if you got a bug that auto-installs a proxy? I havent used Mac since OS6, so I wouldn't know where to begin to look.

If it is across multiple browsers however, I would check your internet connection properties to see if there is a proxy that has been malwared in there...

Ray

Conceptual wrote:I get a similar message when I use the proxies for the BBC website.

I wonder if you got a bug that auto-installs a proxy? I havent used Mac since OS6, so I wouldn't know where to begin to look.

If it is across multiple browsers however, I would check your internet connection properties to see if there is a proxy that has been malwared in there...
Doesn't do it on any other site though. And it doesn't do it every time. Thanks for the advice, I'll check into it.

dumrick

I get it opening the 4th page of the "US lite truck industry literally breaking down" thread. Maybe a linked photo or such, that's hosted in a password-protected domain?

Steven
Owner

Guys.... thank you for reporting this.

Apparently it was caused by including an image for which to display it requires a valid login. The image was from chuckhays, so firefox showed me a popup with "this site requested a login, chuckhays.net" or something like that.

I removed the link and everything is fine now on that 4th page.

Sorry for the trouble,
Steven

ESPImperium

Nop, not for me, but im using IE8.

dumrick

Tomba wrote:Sorry for the trouble
I believe it wasn't you who linked the image, so no need to be sorry for, I guess. Thanks for sorting it out :wink:

Ray

ESPImperium wrote:Nop, not for me, but im using IE8.
:shock: Why?!? :D

Thanks for the quick fix Tomba. I was just worried something might have infiltrated the site!