2010 Calendar

Everything about this website and its content. Here you will find update announcements or requests for feedback. Questions about layout, functionality, content, and your suggestions are welcome.
Richard

2010 Calendar

Any news on when the 2010 calendar is going to be on the home page? It would be useful for checking out the test dates.

Steven
Owner

Re: 2010 Calendar

richard_leeds wrote:Any news on when the 2010 calendar is going to be on the home page? It would be useful for checking out the test dates.
1 Januari ;)

Richard

ESPImperium wrote:Dates are in here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=7585&hilit=Post+Season
Thanks!

Richard

Thanks! .... and published 10 days early too!

It is shocking to see the difference in the testing schedule between 2009 and 2010.

At least it will bring the advantage of more teams testing on the same track, hence more comparative data. I can still remember the confusion of the Brawn times vs McLaren last year.

Oh, and also nice to see the countdown on the home page too :)

mx_tifoso

All of the Formula One activity in Spain is located in the Catalan region, does anyone have any idea as to why that is? Besides that it's the only one with F1 approved circuits...

1700th post
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Richard

mx_tifosi wrote:All of the Formula One activity in Spain is located in the Catalan region, does anyone have any idea as to why that is? Besides that it's the only one with F1 approved circuits...
They are likely to be the warmest EU circuits in January. I guess the Middle Eastern and Asia circuits are too far from home to be practical.

ESPImperium

richard_leeds wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:All of the Formula One activity in Spain is located in the Catalan region, does anyone have any idea as to why that is? Besides that it's the only one with F1 approved circuits...
They are likely to be the warmest EU circuits in January. I guess the Middle Eastern and Asia circuits are too far from home to be practical.
Bahrain, Abu Dhabi and Malaysia testing are now banned under the new testing regs. You now have to only test your car in European tracks i think the regulation is. However it was to come in for 2011, but the teams all aggreed under a "sporting aggreement" that they would start this in 2010. However, for 2011, there could be more restrictive testing rules, but for teams to have 2 or 3-three day in season tests for development drivers, but this will also be to co-inside with more restrictive aero regs.

Those regs will be where teams can only change their philosiphy or up date it after every 6th GP, with a 3 day test before each 6th GP, however the last update for cars will be on a Fly Away race, meaning there will be no testing prior to that one, whitch means that front runners will tend not to update much.

The next big mechanical change will be Gearboxes, with them following engines lead, 4 or 5 of them for each driver for the season, meaning you can have ones with diffrent ratios for diffrent tracks. Other than that, testing time will extremly limited for teams in the future, but there will be in-season testing again, but limited for teams, but id expect that the aggreement will be that all tests can be 2 car tests again.

Testing in the future will be a supreme balancing act.

WhiteBlue

I'm planning to use the test and race calendar to update the WDC World odds this season. The updates will be done on the day after the end of the test and on Monday after the races.

So we will have 3 updates for tests and 18 updates for races if the championship goes down to the wire, which I really hope.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Richard

eyup - this week's testing is not on the calendar.