2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
19 Sep 2021, 14:06
Well, Yuki has the time of his live!! Meeting Rossi!! 🤩 And all the other famous drivers!

How much of an advantage would Yuki's size be if he were to move to the bikes?

etusch

Zynerji wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 14:19

How much of an advantage would Yuki's size be if he were to move to the bikes?
We have to compare him with D Pedrossa. Pedrossa was having disadvantage of his body size instead of advantage of being lightweight which is only benefits more power weight ratio. But big probably he never benefit of it because of bad turning ability and bad outing from turns.
Yuki Tsunoda is 1.59m and he weighs 61 kilograms.
Dani Pedrosa Height:1.60 m Weight:51 kg
Last edited by etusch on 20 Sep 2021, 14:36, edited 1 time in total.

Big Tea

Do they still have push starts? he may struggle
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

etusch

winglets which prevent wheelie at starts + hole shot and rear suspension lowering systems may help a bit but still there is disadvantages there.

ispano6

According to Tanabe, Yuki is still yet to receive the updated ES and thus is slightly disadvantaged with a heavier, less performant spec. The older spec ES uses the same core battery cell technology that has been used since 2015 and is an "over-weight" component. This may partially explain Pierre and Yuki's performance gap, though Yuki himself has admitted it is more a confidence issue and being comfortable with the car.

godlameroso

Yuki's FPS may have unintended consequences. The shoot button is not like a throttle pedal that requires gentle finesse it is an on/off switch. Too bad there aren't any FPS games that reward throttle like control of the shoot button.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

ispano6 wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 07:20
According to Tanabe, Yuki is still yet to receive the updated ES and thus is slightly disadvantaged with a heavier, less performant spec. The older spec ES uses the same core battery cell technology that has been used since 2015 and is an "over-weight" component. This may partially explain Pierre and Yuki's performance gap, though Yuki himself has admitted it is more a confidence issue and being comfortable with the car.
It is a crazy idea but sometimes I think that yuki can not have confidence with AT but what if he is the man who feel confidence with Redbull on the contrary of other guys?🧐🙄

Zynerji

etusch wrote:
30 Sep 2021, 21:13
ispano6 wrote:
26 Sep 2021, 07:20
It is a crazy idea but sometimes I think that yuki can not have confidence with AT but what if he is the man who feel confidence with Redbull on the contrary of other guys?🧐🙄
I totally agree! Id give him a FP1 go. And (have Perez try the AT) and just see if he can line up with the tendencies of an unusual character car.

Wouter

Finally, after all these months, the first official photo of Pierre Gasly and his girlfriend Katerina having lunch with friends in Paris. Click to see the whole photo.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Pierre Gasly came to Ortaköy as part of the Red Bull event
The Minister of Youth and Sports Kasapoğlu is present with Pierre on Ortaköy Square .
They hand each other a present and play a game.

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

"It was an unforgetable day for us!"

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

All the Honda drivers in Q3!

The Power of Dreams!

bigblue

Yuki, auto-translated from an article at motorsport-total.com :
"It's the last year for Honda and I want Max [ Verstappen ] to take the title, for Honda last year and also for Red Bull," explains the 21-year-old AlphaTauri driver and continues: "I tried Lewis as long as I could keep behind me. "

When asked whether he enjoyed the early duel with Hamilton for eighth position, Tsunoda shrugs his shoulders and says: "I don't care!". When asked again whether he could say something about the duel with the seven-time world champion, the rookie said only very dryly: "I actually wanted to keep him behind me for 20 laps. Eight laps are not enough."
Good lad !

Wouter

2021 US Grand Prixview

We are back in the US! We had to skip last year’s edition of the United States Grand Prix, since it was cancelled as a consequence of the pandemic, but we are happy to be getting back on track at COTA this weekend…

Pierre Gasly:

“What we can take away from the last race in Turkey is that our pure performance was really good and in Qualifying we were fighting within a tenth of Ferrari and Red Bull. So, I was very happy with top five in Qualifying. The race might have been even better without the penalty but finishing ten seconds off the podium behind two Mercedes, two Red Bulls and a Ferrari is really positive and it’s nice to confirm that we are back nearer the front of the field once again. On the Wednesday after Istanbul, I had an enjoyable break from work and training, playing in a charity football match at the famous Olympique de Marseille’s Velodrome stadium. It was to raise money for Didier Drogba’s charity and UNICEF. It was an incredible experience to be on that famous pitch and play with and against some real football legends. I’m pleased to say I scored a goal!

Next round: USA. I’ve not yet had any great races in Austin, the best I did was 10th the last time we were there. In terms of driving, the track is really exciting, very fast and I particularly like the first sector which resembles Suzuka a bit. After that, the second sector is a bit slower and more technical. Overall, it’s very interesting, although I think it could be quite complicated this weekend. Having watched MotoGP a few weeks back, the bumps which were already pretty bad last time we raced there, seem even more severe now. It will require some sort of compromise on set-up, but we won’t really know until we get there. I’m not particularly worried about it, because our car is working well everywhere at the moment and we just have to avoid any problems waiting to ambush us, so that we can continue to close in on Alpine in the championship.”

Yuki Tsunoda:

“I think the Turkish weekend was pretty positive for me and I had good pace right from the start, all through practice. Track conditions changed massively for Qualifying and I struggled a bit to find pace and get the right car balance, but we got to Q3 and it was good to start from P9. With the race starting in the wet, I didn’t have the disadvantage of using the Soft tyre I’d used in Q2 for the start. In the race, I enjoyed my battle with Lewis, but after my spin, tyre temperatures were very low and I struggled for pace. It was an interesting weekend. I learned a lot and it will be good experience for the future.

From Turkey onwards this season, the only track where I have driven before is the final round in Abu Dhabi, so all the circuits will be a new experience, including this weekend in Austin. After Istanbul, I spent a couple of days in the simulator and drove the COTA track. It seems to be a very interesting circuit, with many different types of corner and that steep climb to the first blind corner. That first sector is like a rollercoaster. I’m looking forward to experiencing it for the first time. I saw that the MotoGP riders were complaining about the track surface, so we will have to see if they have managed to do anything about that in time for this weekend. It will also be my first trip to the United States and I’m looking forward to that. America has always been on the list of countries I really want to visit, so I’m excited about this trip. I’ve heard all about the barbecue restaurants in Austin and I will be keen to try that and see how it rates compared to Japanese Wagyu beef!”
The Power of Dreams!