General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zynerji

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 May 2022, 17:16
Zynerji wrote:
04 May 2022, 16:40
PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 May 2022, 16:35

Where do you get that info?

Porsche is very proud to use it's engine technology. Why would it slap a badge on a RedBull engine? Especially one with Honda DNA? :?:

The VW CEO also spoke of needing three years to develop their engine(s).

So very likely Honda IP continues to stay with Honda and whatever the RedBull guys are working on will be sold to Porsche or scrapped.
I think Honda showed what a 2015-2017 engine looks like when you take that stance.

Just understanding the TJI-type breakthroughs is enough to WANT Honda DNA to start this project!
That's not Porsche. They will want to build it on their own. And I don't think Honda wants them to have it either!
As soon as we heard about Audi/Porsche snooping around the paddock, Honda withdrew the agreement to have RedBull assemble the engines. It's a clear sign that they want to keep those design details close to their chest.
Then any team that takes their engines will repeat McLaren 2015-2017 performances...😏

Alexf1

PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 May 2022, 16:35
Alexf1 wrote:
04 May 2022, 11:02
PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 May 2022, 03:52

I'm not following why woukd they do this when Honda offers them an engibe package to the end of 2025.

A big concern for RB now is what do they do with all those people they hired to build their power unit if Porche already makes a power unit in Stuttgart?
The IP is for building the 2026 engine. As only the MGU-H is dropped the ICE, TC etc can be a good base to start with. In Stuttgart only the ERS will be made.
Where do you get that info?

Porsche is very proud to use it's engine technology. Why would it slap a badge on a RedBull engine? Especially one with Honda DNA? :?:

The VW CEO also spoke of needing three years to develop their engine(s).

So very likely Honda IP continues to stay with Honda and whatever the RedBull guys are working on will be sold to Porsche or scrapped.
https://the-race.com/formula-1/red-bull ... f1-engine/

"Red Bull is understood to be focused on the combustion engine while Porsche’s know-how would be applied on the hybrid side."

PlatinumZealot

That's what i said. Whatever RedBull is working on will be sold to Porsche or scrapped. It's not Honda technology as far as I'm aware though.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Alexf1

PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 May 2022, 18:07
That's what i said. Whatever RedBull is working on will be sold to Porsche or scrapped. It's not Honda technology as far as I'm aware though.
No, that's not what you said: "They will want to build it on their own." Which the article dismisses. As for the Honda IP, I'm sure everything is for sale. RBPT had to leave the IP for the current engine at Honda to stay a new engine manufacturer for 2026 and stay eligablefor the extra dyno hours and the € 5 to € 15 million extra budget. According to Toto Wolff RBPT mostly hired production staff. This indicates the design team is coming from somewhere else. My thought is RBPT buys it from Honda if Honda is not interested in a 2026 comeback.

Wouter

🥰 🥰 🥰

The Power of Dreams!

JordanMugen

Wouter wrote:
17 May 2022, 12:26
🥰 🥰 🥰
=D> =D>

Horner already hinted at a special white & red Suzuka livery earlier.

It remains unclear if there would be any actual Honda decals on the Red Bull or AlphaTauri cars in Suzuka however. :|

Taking the Japanese Grand Prix naming rights sponsorship but not the Red Bull Racing or AlphaTauri power unit naming rights sponsorship is a most baffling decision from Honda, who continue to do inexplicable things! Hopefully Honda will appear as the naming rights power unit sponsor in 2023 for both teams in exchange for charging reduced power unit supply fees? :?:
Last edited by JordanMugen on 17 May 2022, 17:34, edited 2 times in total.

AR3-GP

It was cruel to miss the Japanese GP last year.

ruggedman

Toyoharu Tanabe is in the UK in view of this official assertion by Honda, however nothing about the OO in Sakura. Autosport said being Yasuaki Asaki was thought. He seems to be to a greater extent a task chief where Tanabe has race designing experience.

Wouter

ruggedman wrote:
24 May 2022, 07:32
Toyoharu Tanabe is in the UK in view of this official assertion by Honda, however nothing about the OO in Sakura. Autosport said being Yasuaki Asaki was thought. He seems to be to a greater extent a task chief where Tanabe has race designing experience.
I don't quite understand what you want to say. Would you like to phrase it differently please?
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

MAX VERSTAPPEN GANGSTA'S PARADISE - FORMULA 1 WORLD CHAMPION

NL_Fer

Which team will Honda supply in 2026? Torro Rosso?

If McLaren Audi isn’t going to happen and Merc doesn’t want to supply 4 teams any longer. Could we see McLaren Honda 3.0 in 2026?

etusch

Why? Will Honda return in 2026?

Rodak

Why on earth would Honda have ANY interest in dealing with McLaren again? Mclaren burned and buried that bridge.

etusch

Rodak wrote:
03 Jun 2022, 03:13
Why on earth would Honda have ANY interest in dealing with McLaren again? Mclaren burned and buried that bridge.
That's the another thing. Very interesting result isn't it ? They used every engine except Ferrari and still there is not best chassis there.

NL_Fer

Rodak wrote:
03 Jun 2022, 03:13
They said the same in 2014 about Alonso with McLaren Honda.