WCC-standing by 30th of June

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
lio007

WCC-standing by 30th of June

Hi @ all,
do you think the top teams are trying not to be first in the WCC standings by 30th of June? Because WT-time and CFD-capacity are re- evaluated by this date, with 1st in the standings getting the least.
Red Bull has been 1st last year, so in the second half of 2021 they had the least available.
I think it was more of a handicap last year, given the teams had to develop two cars in parallel. Do you agree?

f1jcw

Re: WCC-standing by 30th of June

lio007 wrote:
22 May 2022, 19:21
Hi @ all,
do you think the top teams are trying not to be first in the WCC standings by 30th of June? Because WT-time and CFD-capacity are re- evaluated by this date, with 1st in the standings getting the least.
Red Bull has been 1st last year, so in the second half of 2021 they had the least available.
I think it was more of a handicap last year, given the teams had to develop two cars in parallel. Do you agree?
I feel this is appropriate

No I don’t think having CL break down was a 3D chess move

JordanMugen

I seriously doubt it! We will see if Williams continuing to have the most generous wind tunnel allowance will help them. :)

adrianjordan

I don't think Mercedes will complain at having more allowance, but I do think they would prefer to be leading the WCC lol
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️