2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
organic

Re: 2022 Oracle | Red Bull Racing F1 Team

fritticaldi wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 16:14
I think Red Bull is cheating and using the Alpha Tauri wind tunnel testing time. They are sister teams and share aero bits. How is this monitored?
On what basis do you believe they are cheating?

ispano6

fritticaldi wrote:
I think Red Bull is cheating and using the Alpha Tauri wind tunnel testing time. They are sister teams and share aero bits. How is this monitored?
Ferrari must be cheating too, they have AlfaRomeo and Haas as customer teams. Mercedes must be cheating too because Toto has a stake in Aston Martin. Only team not cheating must be Alpine then, using your logic.

fritticaldi

Of all those teams you mentioned only Red Bull is a Championship contender. The rest are non factors. My question is how are the hours or days allotted to the teams to use wind tunnel are monitored. Is there an FIA inspector during the tests? Any car manufacturer can use a wind tunnel example Toyota in Cologne , Germany or Dallara in Italy. The teams just rent them. A team doesnt neccessarily need to be competing in F1 .

chrisc90

Isn’t Ferrari a championship contender too?

etusch

fritticaldi wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 17:51
Of all those teams you mentioned only Red Bull is a Championship contender. The rest are non factors. My question is how are the hours or days allotted to the teams to use wind tunnel are monitored. Is there an FIA inspector during the tests? Any car manufacturer can use a wind tunnel example Toyota in Cologne , Germany or Dallara in Italy. The teams just rent them. A team doesnt neccessarily need to be competing in F1 .
Do you really believe that Redbull needs more aero work to be best at that area?

epo
epo

ringo wrote:
23 Jun 2022, 01:52
Alexf1 wrote:
21 Jun 2022, 15:07
If RB were faster then how come Verstappen couldn't increase the gap to Sainz after a few laps in the race and how come Sainz was able to get back into DRS zone again after VER managed to get the gap to over 1 second a few laps after the SC? Ferrari was equal or the faster car this race. Performance difference has been razor thin all season now between the Fer car and the RB18. So the RB18 is anything but the dominant car. It's Fer errors that dominate.
Then why didnt Sainz win?

His car was not fast enough to win from behind.

Relatively poor traction in Canada for some reason.
Redbull aslo better on the brakes.

Yes Max drove well, but he didnt even need to defend. Such was the pace in the car at the right parts of the track.

Anyhow Silverstone next. Hard to say who will be quickest, Ferrari though weak engined last year was respectable and almost won, but i beleive this RB team can adapt the car nicely to the characteristics of the track to be in a very strong position.
Because Max is the way better driver, he won in a slower car.

lio007

fritticaldi wrote:
Can't find it anymore, but I think I read somewhere they have to provide 24/7 video footage of the wind tunnel testing area. Therefore FIA is always able to verify the WT testing restrictions.

TNTHead

fritticaldi wrote:
Your assumption is that you need testing time to derive optimal design solutions. But that is not neccesarily the case. Especially at the start of this formula your design concept is what differentiates you from the others.
I think concept wise RB has found a fast enough concept, at least for the time being.

chrisc90

I think the RB definitely has the best concept, and the floor just cant be matched to the other teams.

Given when Silverstone is over, I dont think RB will struggle either given the reduced wind tunnel time they have by being top of the constructers.

It does seem a little odd that given a whole new era of regulations, the tunnel and CFD time was based on the order off last year aswell. Would have been better to blanket the teams with the same times given a whole new era of cars completely different to the last.

Ryar

ringo wrote:
Alexf1 wrote:
If RB were faster then how come Verstappen couldn't increase the gap to Sainz after a few laps in the race and how come Sainz was able to get back into DRS zone again after VER managed to get the gap to over 1 second a few laps after the SC? Ferrari was equal or the faster car this race. Performance difference has been razor thin all season now between the Fer car and the RB18. So the RB18 is anything but the dominant car. It's Fer errors that dominate.

It's proved with ample clarity over the season, Sainz isn't the faster driver at Ferrari.
Hakuna Matata!

carisi2k

Alexf1 wrote:
Sainz had fresher tyres is why he couldn't increase the gap. The question you need to be asking is why couldn't Sainz get past Max when he had fresher tyres and the DRS to assist him. I will agree that there is a very small margin between both these 2 cars in performance and if Leclerc was in second then maybe things might have been different. To me the RB18 is faster when it counts and this showed by max being able to hold off Carlos. Things have changed significantly however since Australia.

Wouter

Two days ago was the International Women in Engineering Day.

Arrived from Canada .....
Image... Image
The Power of Dreams!

Edax

Ryar wrote:
25 Jun 2022, 03:42
ringo wrote:
Alexf1 wrote:

It's proved with ample clarity over the season, Sainz isn't the faster driver at Ferrari.
I feel I got to jump to Sainz defense here.

To me it looked like a rerun of VES first victory in Barcelona. The car was set up for one thing and that was get the best possible traction out of the hairpin and VES maximized his strategy on that. It didn’t matter how close Sai was in the hairpin, by the time they reached the DRS deployment line VES was already to far away to be caught on either of the straights.

With the main straights defendable the only other opportunities on the track are places where you need a (small) error of the other to create an opportunity.

And then it does not matter so much who is following or how fast he is. SAI Didn’t win because VES did not make a mistake, there is IMHO not much he could have done.

In terms of car speeds or which car is faster it does not say so much only that the RB in this race on this circuit was faster where it mattered.

PlatinumZealot

organic wrote:
24 Jun 2022, 16:54
fritticaldi wrote:
On what basis do you believe they are cheating?
Yeah he has a weak basis or none at all. I don't believe RedBull even need to cheat wind tunnel time because they just seem to be that much better at fundamental aerodynamic design than anyone else. The details on the car is all about creativity and knowing what they want to do with the flow structures. The Ferrari is actually the anti-thesis of the RedBull, it's design is less organic, the shapes seem plain and simple and are just perfectly refined in their positions. Very numerically optimized more than opportunistic in their appearance.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Stu

fritticaldi wrote:
Of all those teams you mentioned only Red Bull is a Championship contender. The rest are non factors.
Sorry to burst your conspiracy bubble, your use of the word contender directly contradicts the rest of the sentence.
Perspective - Understanding that sometimes the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.