2022 FIM MotoGP

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
etusch

Re: 2022 FIM MotoGP

with a last lap attack of 12 it would be better race

Cuky

johnny comelately wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 15:52
Lots of stories in this race with the most honourable being Aleix Espargaro finishing (enough said) in 9th after being mercilessly flogged to the ground in FP4.
And after further checks today (Monday) it was discovered that he actually fractured his right heel
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/08/ ... ide/430963

Andres125sx

Impressive race for Aleix despite the injury! =D> =D> =D>

etusch wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 20:17
He said at the end of the race his tires were done when he caught Bagnaia, he pushed very hard to catch him.

Hopefully he will have more opportunities for a victory, as he´s proving some consistent improvement in last GPs

etusch

Andres125sx wrote:
09 Aug 2022, 13:38
Impressive race for Aleix despite the injury! =D> =D> =D>

etusch wrote:
07 Aug 2022, 20:17
He said at the end of the race his tires were done when he caught Bagnaia, he pushed very hard to catch him.

Hopefully he will have more opportunities for a victory, as he´s proving some consistent improvement in last GPs
Yes I could see that and didn't expected an attack from him at last lap which completely killed my exitement. I am sure (off course this doesn't mean it would realise ) if there were AE there without injury, he would win this race.

johnny comelately

IMHO, as good as the MotoGP's, glorious and clean racing with the horsepower of the Ducarti versus the racecraft of Rea.
Much better camera postioning than the MotoGp as well.
Senor Bautista and Jonathon Rea go toe to toe, with Toprak as observer and Rinaldi as sweep
WorldSBK Race 1 Highlights | 2022 Aragon Round

etusch

it is a real challenge to say Razgatliogli for narrator :lol:

aleks_ader

:D Ducatti trolling everybody.

i love it. Just taking a piss.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

johnny comelately

etusch wrote:
09 Aug 2022, 21:28
it is a real challenge to say Razgatliogli for narrator :lol:
Codified to Toprak :wink:

etusch

Marc Marquez: "Honda are in a critical moment"

“Honda is in a critical moment. I am speaking a lot with my team and trying to understand the 2022 bike, the situation and what is happening,” explained Marquez. “This is why I will go to Austria, to speak to everyone and to meet with the HRC staff from Japan to work for the future. We are all working together, we win together, we lose together, and we will come back together.

“I’m speaking a lot with Stefan Bradl as well, us and Santi are working together and testing things – both know how I ride. I said in Mugello that I will be at home, but I want to stay connected. With the previous operation I disconnected too much, and I want to be involved so that when I come back, I will have everything fresh.”
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/08/ ... ent/431082

johnny comelately

etusch wrote:
13 Aug 2022, 17:44
Marc Marquez: "Honda are in a critical moment"

“Honda is in a critical moment. I am speaking a lot with my team and trying to understand the 2022 bike, the situation and what is happening,” explained Marquez. “This is why I will go to Austria, to speak to everyone and to meet with the HRC staff from Japan to work for the future. We are all working together, we win together, we lose together, and we will come back together.

“I’m speaking a lot with Stefan Bradl as well, us and Santi are working together and testing things – both know how I ride. I said in Mugello that I will be at home, but I want to stay connected. With the previous operation I disconnected too much, and I want to be involved so that when I come back, I will have everything fresh.”
https://www.motogp.com/en/news/2022/08/ ... ent/431082
They have been in a critical moment for 2 plus years and caused a lot of pain.

etusch

I understand from this statement that they are about to decide way they will go for 2023 bike.
From PEspergaro statement I understand that honda stoped to work on current bike.
I think they decided to stop working on this bike and gave up this season. They made this decisions at a meeting which ther were mm but not other riders. They talked about current bike next year's bike etc. after that MM decided to go another surgery. Honda started working on new bike. Now they have additional talks about development process. Maybe about how they will test what they did by now.

johnny comelately

etusch wrote:
14 Aug 2022, 09:09
I understand from this statement that they are about to decide way they will go for 2023 bike.
From PEspergaro statement I understand that honda stoped to work on current bike.
I think they decided to stop working on this bike and gave up this season. They made this decisions at a meeting which ther were mm but not other riders. They talked about current bike next year's bike etc. after that MM decided to go another surgery. Honda started working on new bike. Now they have additional talks about development process. Maybe about how they will test what they did by now.
A clean sheet of paper

johnny comelately

When nothing much is right according to the contemporary designs but when everything is right for the times,ie, no headshake, gearing somewhere near right, tyre pressures right for wooden tyres, suspension compliant over the big bumps, brakes not fading too much...
Mike the bike after a couple of retirements, some say he even qualified first at the IofM after one or two...

etusch

johnny comelately

Miller quickest in damp FP1 at Spielberg with the new Zarco chicane....sign here to ban stop go chicanes