2016 Williams Martini Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sevach

Re: 2016 Williams Martini Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

Scuderia1967 wrote:
Sevach wrote:Hackett gained in exposure though.
True, last year they were only on the nose, right?
I believe so.

ME4ME

Yes, you are obviously right, but they do take on a bigger role. Puma and TAG are much more prominent now at Red Bull, and the Chandon partnership was finilized at the end of 2015, but will be first seen this season. Now i think of it, Jack&Jones joined Renault this year, and there is this speculation about Samsung becoming title sponsors of Mclaren. But indeed, lets hope for more sponsors to join! Especially Manor and Haas need a couple of good sponsors, both for finacial reasons and to have something to design their livery around 8)

Scuderia1967

ME4ME wrote:Yes, you are obviously right, but they do take on a bigger role. Puma and TAG are much more prominent now at Red Bull, and the Chandon partnership was finilized at the end of 2015, but will be first seen this season. Now i think of it, Jack&Jones joined Renault this year, and there is this speculation about Samsung becoming title sponsors of Mclaren. But indeed, lets hope for more sponsors to join! Especially Manor and Haas need a couple of good sponsors, both for finacial reasons and to have something to design their livery around 8)
Let me just correct you by saying that Chandon was in the McLaren cars last year, (the deal was signed in September).

Haas will have, surely, Telmex's money and Manor Pertamina, the indonesian state-owned petrol company who's been sponsoring Haryanto. And, hopefully, they'll keep last year's impressive list of sponsors

ME4ME

I stand corrected! You're right.

Edit: Fresh news, Richard Mille to sponsor Mclaren :)
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclar ... er-674321/

Scuderia1967

ME4ME wrote:I stand corrected! You're right.

Edit: Fresh news, Richard Mille to sponsor Mclaren :)
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclar ... er-674321/
True. They were a Lotus sponsor, I guess they got tired of waiting for Renault to buy the team (although the company is based in Switzerland, their owner is french)

Macklaren

Let me just correct you by saying that Chandon was in the McLaren cars last year, (the deal was signed in September).

http://www.multivu.com/players/English/ ... 647.HR.jpg
I don't think Chandon was ever on the car during the race. The photos you are putting up are press/publicity photos only.

Scuderia1967

Macklaren wrote:

http://www.multivu.com/players/English/ ... 647.HR.jpg
I don't think Chandon was ever on the car during the race. The photos you are putting up are press/publicity photos only.
That's why I wrote "last year" and not "last year's championship". The bottom of the matter is that Chandon was sponsoring them already

LookBackTime

Last edited by LookBackTime on 22 Feb 2016, 10:31, edited 2 times in total.

LookBackTime

Last edited by LookBackTime on 22 Feb 2016, 10:29, edited 1 time in total.

Gerhardsa

Is it just me or does "LookBackTime" always have blank posts (or Mostly?) ?

LookBackTime

Gerhardsa wrote:Is it just me or does "LookBackTime" always have blank posts (or Mostly?) ?
I post tweets. So may be your browser can not see them!

Gerhardsa

ahh...ok cool. thanks man

LookBackTime

Ted Kravitz ‏@tedkravitz 1m1 minute ago Granollers, Spain
Williams 'competitor analysis group' out in force :)

LookBackTime

BARCELONA DAY ONE - TEST ONE

22 FEB 2016
Driver: Valtteri Bottas
Chassis / Engine: FW38-02 / PU106C Hybrid
Weather: Warm and Dry
Maximum air & track temps: 22ºC / 25ºC

Rod Nelson, Chief Test & Support Engineer:

We had a slightly mixed day. We had a few niggling little issues that kept us in the garage for longer than we wanted to be there, but we’re still learning about the car so that’s not unexpected and we were able to work through them to continue our programme. Valtteri has been complimentary about aspects of the FW38 which is good start. We are just building up our run lengths and doing our due diligence on reliability, and as the test goes on we’ll feed in more and more performance items. Overall it is a reasonable start to pre-season testing for us.

Valtteri Bottas:

It’s always very nice to be back in the car and it’s nice to feel that we have made improvements, but it is way too early to say anything more than that. We were focussing on different kinds of tests today with the chassis, and some aerodynamic tests so mainly longer runs. We had a few problems but that’s testing, and hopefully we will have a clean run tomorrow. First impressions of the new car are good and I think we have fixed many issues from last year. However, like I said before, it’s just too early to say where we are against the others.