Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
cmF1

Re: Livery thread again!

GM7 wrote:Why Williams don't paint his nose like this ???

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... -willl.png
As good as that looks from the 3/4 angle, I can't see it looking particularly pretty from the front. We've just got to pray that the dicknose is something that is quietly forgotten about this year.
プラスとマイナス

turbof1

In my opinion, it's quite ok. Always room for improvement, but with the actual nose (bulkhead to nosetip) being quite a bit longer this year, the stump is ratio wise smaller. Aesthetic wise it's not bugging me.

That being said, I'd just paint the stump black.
#AeroFrodo

cmF1

Don't forget the infamous Force India incident of 2014 :lol:
It may be invisible from some angles but once you see it, you can't unsee it!! #-o
プラスとマイナス

turbof1

cmF1 wrote:Don't forget the infamous Force India incident of 2014 :lol:
It may be invisible from some angles but once you see it, you can't unsee it!! #-o
It didn't help of course they added a shiny finish on it. To be very frank, that thing had the coating of a dildo. If they just used a mat finish it'd have been a bit better (a bit, emphasis on that).
#AeroFrodo

cmF1

Can we stop talking about big black dildos please and get back to the topic? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
プラスとマイナス

WaikeCU

cmF1 wrote:Can we stop talking about big black dildos please and get back to the topic? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sure...

I would rather see more color on the back of that rear wing. Don't like it being all black.

GM7

Another view, what are you thinking about this little change in the livery ?

turbof1

GM7 wrote:Another view, what are you thinking about this little change in the livery ?

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... -willl.png
I'd add black edges on the stump to taper the white section better.
#AeroFrodo

cmF1

I like what you've done there. I think if you black out the stump, it'll through the whole nose out of proportion. We've got longer noses this year, why not show them off?
プラスとマイナス

GM7

My final version, do you mean this ?

turbof1

GM7 wrote:My final version, do you mean this ?

https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/20 ... 2-wiii.png
Yes, quite a lot better. It's a subtle difference, but the visual transition from the upper nose to the stump now looks much smoother.
#AeroFrodo

GM7

So, let's start a petition for Williams to change his livery ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

If someone know how to share this to the Williams twitter account or something like that...

Manoah2u

i don't have a problem with the williams livery at all. i agree that the 'thumb' nosetip looks awkward but it is what it is.

I think williams would do the livery like that if they thought that would be better. The thing is 'better'is not decided from aesthetical standpoint,
but from a promotional standpoint, and fact is that the sponsors on the nose will be less 'visible' due to the above change to the livery.
It's ok on a picture, but a moving product on tv is a different story, and that goes too for other view angles.

with more of the white around it like it is originally, the sponsors stand out more. see it like a statue in the middle of a park or a statue that is sided by
a whole bunch of bushes or trees.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

cmF1

Manoah2u wrote:i don't have a problem with the williams livery at all. i agree that the 'thumb' nosetip looks awkward but it is what it is.

I think williams would do the livery like that if they thought that would be better. The thing is 'better'is not decided from aesthetical standpoint,
but from a promotional standpoint, and fact is that the sponsors on the nose will be less 'visible' due to the above change to the livery.
It's ok on a picture, but a moving product on tv is a different story, and that goes too for other view angles.

with more of the white around it like it is originally, the sponsors stand out more. see it like a statue in the middle of a park or a statue that is sided by
a whole bunch of bushes or trees.

Easy fix. Move the nose stripes out so that the red centre stripe on the edge of the nose. That way you can see more of the design from the side, and the nose sponsors have there space back.
プラスとマイナス

proteus

I have heard something about STR getting a sugarfree RedBull coating over their cars.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows