2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
RedNEO
-12
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by RedNEO » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:53 pm

No it doesn’t, read it again and if you read the article it makes that abundantly clear. Odd that the click bait is used in the byline..

netoperek
7
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by netoperek » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:12 pm

I do not know Hungarian to read in original. Google translated version gives exactly such information - rumor stating that Robert Kubica has probably just signed with Williams. Several sources in Poland relayed this rumor, so apparently they got the same impression.
As I said before, I personally treat such news as rather unreliable source of information and posted it just to balance similar story (posted by You) from "opposite camp".

RedNEO
-12
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by RedNEO » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:39 pm

netoperek wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:12 pm
I do not know Hungarian to read in original. Google translated version gives exactly such information - rumor stating that Robert Kubica has probably just signed with Williams. Several sources in Poland relayed this rumor, so apparently they got the same impression.
As I said before, I personally treat such news as rather unreliable source of information and posted it just to balance similar story (posted by You) from "opposite camp".
I’m not sure what “opposite camp” you are talking about. I have no vested interest in this but obviously you do I’ve noticed. I’m just going on what I’ve heard take it or leave it. :)

netoperek
7
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by netoperek » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:48 am

I was not referring to You, sorry if You took it that way. It's uncertain situation and lot of journalists produce their prophecies, of either negative or positive outcome :) I guess we will know soon enough

RedNEO
-12
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:58 am

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by RedNEO » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:33 am

No hard feelings my friend

NathanOlder
48
User avatar
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by NathanOlder » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:14 pm

If Williams take the reported $15mill over Kubica or a different experienced driver then I will have no bad feelings seeing them fall further down the order, Stroll and Sirotkin will be equal weakest driver line up on the grid with Toro Rosso, and behind the Sauber pairing!

dont allow it Frank!


https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2343 ... liams-seat
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Squid
23
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:55 pm

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by Squid » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:58 pm

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13352 ... iams-drive

Dreams's over. While many people are still in denial, truth is that when rumors fly out fast like this, it's pretty much decided. Looks like Kubica's not even being considered as a backup option anymore.

PlatinumZealot
257
User avatar
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:45 am

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by PlatinumZealot » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:03 pm

NathanOlder wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:14 pm
If Williams take the reported $15mill over Kubica or a different experienced driver then I will have no bad feelings seeing them fall further down the order, Stroll and Sirotkin will be equal weakest driver line up on the grid with Toro Rosso, and behind the Sauber pairing!

dont allow it Frank!


https://www.f1today.net/en/news/f1/2343 ... liams-seat
Frank is specifically the guy who wants the money. In Frank's eyes, "Drivers aint sh*t!"
"Raindrops .. drop top!"

RonDennis
2
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by RonDennis » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Kubica had been favourite to make a sensational return to F1, with the team impressed by his feedback and the way he fitted into the team and built up strong relationships. However, it has emerged that based purely on performance, data suggests Sirotkin is the stronger candidate.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13352 ... iams-drive

RIP Williams.

Raleigh
43
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by Raleigh » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:13 pm

Well Sh**.

Sirotkin isn't terrible, as a team principal I'd happily take his money and put him in the 2nd car, but Sirotkin and Stroll?

NathanOlder
48
User avatar
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by NathanOlder » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:48 pm

thats the trouble, The pairing. They need 1 solid experienced driver alongside a Stroll OR Sirtotkin.

RIP Williams indeed
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Schuttelberg
53
User avatar
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:02 am

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by Schuttelberg » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:52 pm

Can't believe Mansell, Prost and Senna were fighting with one another to get a seat at this same team . Call me old school and I'm far from a Ferrari, McLaren or Williams fan but the plight of these three teams really really hurts.

I'm not meaning to hurt the Williams fan, I might be one myself for all I know but I just don't see the passion and ambition in Claire Williams. I think Williams needs someone that feels the history and realises where this team belongs.

People like Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen and Ricciardo will not consider a Williams drive. That is how far down the road Williams have gone.
"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is stimulated by passion and internal will."
"HONESTLY!"
Sebastian Vettel

FrukostScones
156
User avatar
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 4:41 pm
Location: European Union

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by FrukostScones » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:13 pm

I actually think Sirotkin would be no bad choice in terms oft racing driver. But Williams and Strolls shot numerous own goals with the decision not to hire KUB. Maybe it was technically not possible to hire him (insurance, license, FIA whatever liability disability clauses etc. ), but if they did it just forv the money it is really sad. Kvyat, Wehrlein, Rowland are stronger... So I think STR was happy with less Talent, and Williams with more money. Too Bad that Sirotkin will trash his teammate anyway.
Game Over! NVWSSV is here.

Manoah2u
253
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by Manoah2u » Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:09 pm

RonDennis wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:21 pm
Kubica had been favourite to make a sensational return to F1, with the team impressed by his feedback and the way he fitted into the team and built up strong relationships. However, it has emerged that based purely on performance, data suggests Sirotkin is the stronger candidate.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13352 ... iams-drive

RIP Williams.
you read that wrong.
We have a Russian GP, putin wants a Russian driver in F1, there will be the fifa world cup football 2018 in russia.
Also this bloke brings 15 million. Claire needs some $$ on diapers for her newborn kid.

it's sad af but well, if there's any team to expect this from, it's Williams. Sauber doesn't have Kaltenborn anymore (praise the lord though).

Could be worse though. It could have been palmer. #-o
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

nacho
5
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:38 am

Re: 2018 Williams F1 Racing - Mercedes

Post by nacho » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:18 am

15 million is a lot of money + Stroll money, maybe it offsets any performance losses without any risk.