Kubica to return to racing .....

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
RonDennis
RonDennis

Re: Kubica to return to racing .....

marmer wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 00:32
RonDennis wrote:Not one comment about his 'amazing' speed, says it all really.
Well he wasn't going to light up the timing sheets in that Williams at the moment it's the only better than Haas and sauber possibly worse than Haas but has the boost from the engine Renault passed it mid season and Toro rosso would be better if they weren't running high milage engine parts
Yeah, but I read some articles about his other tests and one thing that I notice is that almost nobody is talking about his speed.

adrianjordan

Maybe they aren't concerned about it. It's not like Williams are going to be fighting for the championship next season, they need a steady pair of hands to rack up solid points on a regular basis.

I don't think there's really a lot of difference in one lap speed between the majority of F1 drivers. What differs is their ability to read a race, make strategic decisions and to be consistent in how they drive the car.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Vasconia

netoperek wrote:
29 Nov 2017, 19:58
Complete long stints lap times:

http://www.f1talks.pl/wp-content/upload ... est_lt.jpg

Pretty consistent =D>
This is good, consitency is something teams consider very important. I was not expecting Kubika to be super fast right now but i hope he is enough fast to be chosen by Williams.

Furthermore, we are speaking about a guy who has driven a f1 car only 3 times in the last 6 years. Give him more running, time to know the car and the tyres and he will improve much more than the majority of drivers. Williams needs a talented, focused, hard-worker guy and proactive driver like Kubika. Give him a chance!
Last edited by Vasconia on 30 Nov 2017, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

TEHNOS

RonDennis wrote:
30 Nov 2017, 00:10
Not one comment about his 'amazing' speed, says it all really.
Yeah, but he s still got it
As opposed to Ron

FrukostScones

FrukostScones wrote:
19 Oct 2017, 09:14
My crystal balls says: We will be betrayed!
well..
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

nacho
nacho

Autosport writes now that Sirotkin (+15m pounds) is the favourite with Kvyjat as a backup option. So Kubica is out of frame then.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Well, that's really not so good news for Robert then.

I think there's going to be a point here where we're going to have to say that there might be some unpleasant but lets be honest not fully unexpectable truth that he simply is not going to be able to perform 100% and that is going to mean he's not going to get a F1 race seat ever again. Such a shame.
whatever happens, still legendary to get this far.

From all the teams, i expected Williams the least to actually come through. I think for them this is nothing but a marketing stunt.

just shows how much Bull$#@! goes around in F1 news circles. I mean a week or so ago it was 99% he had a signed contract and they were only awaiting to wrap things down.....now this :roll:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Cemetitious
Cemetitious

Remember when Kimi almost signed for 2012 Williams before he went to Lotus? Bruno Senna got signed instead.

DFX
DFX

Manoah2u wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 23:27

I think there's going to be a point here where we're going to have to say that there might be some unpleasant but lets be honest not fully unexpectable truth that he simply is not going to be able to perform 100% and that is going to mean he's not going to get a F1 race seat ever again. Such a shame.

From all the teams, i expected Williams the least to actually come through. I think for them this is nothing but a marketing stunt.

just shows how much Bull$#@! goes around in F1 news circles. I mean a week or so ago it was 99% he had a signed contract and they were only awaiting to wrap things down.....now this :roll:
If there is a team that I would expect that it would be Williams. It seems to me that the opportunity to cash in 15mn pounds is a better deal to them than having a competitive driver lineup. I will wear my tin foil hat to say that the prospect of a driver with "one arm" beating Lance on a season was too much of a risk for the investment and pride of the Strolls.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

that last actuallly makes quite a lot of sense though.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Gerhardsa

50 bucks say Williams will fall further behind next year. McLaren and Renault will beat them next year. That 15M pounds from the Russian is probably to compensate for that. :lol: We know Stroll couldn't match Massa apart from the blind luck in Baku (and Felipe retired that race?). So I don't know how they will be able to go forward with a rookie and an average driver with just tons of money.
Oh, and so much for the "Martini requires one driver older than 25".
Williams is nothing of its former self apart from the name painted on the car imho.

bauc

Ahhhhh :(

I wanted to see Robert back, not only to prove that everything in life is possible, but to bring that spark back and for us to have one more fierce competitor to watch 21 weekends next year.....
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

wesley123
wesley123

DFX wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 00:02
If there is a team that I would expect that it would be Williams. It seems to me that the opportunity to cash in 15mn pounds is a better deal to them than having a competitive driver lineup.
You have no certainty that Kubica would be competitive.
I will wear my tin foil hat to say that the prospect of a driver with "one arm" beating Lance on a season was too much of a risk for the investment and pride of the Strolls.
Sure, but the same goes for any other driver. It wouldn't look good if he got beat by Kvyat either, or whoever would be next to him.

I would have thought we would be over this "daddy's money" thing by now.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

TwanV
TwanV

DFX wrote:
12 Dec 2017, 00:02
Manoah2u wrote:
11 Dec 2017, 23:27

If there is a team that I would expect that it would be Williams. It seems to me that the opportunity to cash in 15mn pounds is a better deal to them than having a competitive driver lineup. I will wear my tin foil hat to say that the prospect of a driver with "one arm" beating Lance on a season was too much of a risk for the investment and pride of the Strolls.
As sick as that sounds, that's my fear as well. Stroll is just not good enough and if they're not careful he is going to be the end of Williams.

skoop
skoop

According to Autosport Robert is out of contention and Sirotky will propably get the seat.