Silly Season 2017/2018

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Silly Season 2017/2018

Alot of the time German drivers just can't get big sponsorship for some reason.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

marmer
marmer

PlatinumZealot wrote:Alot of the time German drivers just can't get big sponsorship for some reason.
They get into motor sport like English drivers really. On talent alone
Look at Maldonado not a great driver but probably the best in Venezuela and had the right mates to throw millions at him.
I don't understand how they can't see they are getting a bad deal though.

Like gazprom sponsoring the uefa champions league. No one buys gas from them they might sell it to other companies but outside of Russia no one knows who they are. And it's not like Russia teams do really well and get to the later stages often. (Know it's football but some of the sponsorship in F1 comes across as pointless just the same)

dren

Manoah2u wrote: โ†‘
14 Dec 2017, 20:36
I think pascal deserves to cut some slack from his 2017 results due to the race of champions incident which was pretty hefty actually.
it makes me wonder whether he actually healed from that 100% or that it left permanent damage unspoken of.

don't get me wrong, i never got excited about the guy, but that being said, he went from Merc's promising next golden wonder boy that needs to get a F1 seat
to the most ignored and downfalled driver in F1 in recent times, which i think is a bit surprising to be honest.
Yes, he did make quite the tumble down the order. Ocon was chosen over him by FI, and it sounds like that was down to personality.
Honda!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

dren wrote: โ†‘
18 Dec 2017, 16:08
Manoah2u wrote: โ†‘
14 Dec 2017, 20:36
I think pascal deserves to cut some slack from his 2017 results due to the race of champions incident which was pretty hefty actually.
it makes me wonder whether he actually healed from that 100% or that it left permanent damage unspoken of.

don't get me wrong, i never got excited about the guy, but that being said, he went from Merc's promising next golden wonder boy that needs to get a F1 seat
to the most ignored and downfalled driver in F1 in recent times, which i think is a bit surprising to be honest.
Yes, he did make quite the tumble down the order. Ocon was chosen over him by FI, and it sounds like that was down to personality.
yes, and let's be honest here, it's not really like Ocon is such a mellow guy. He looks calm and relaxed in the interviews but he also seems like quite the cat that needs a pair of gloves to handle. Which makes it even more curious.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

kptaylor
kptaylor

And now rumors Kubica (via Rosberg) has offered his $7MM in backing to secure the first 7 races with Williams. If he doesn't perform they can drop him for Sirotkin for the remainder of the season. (And his $15MM in backing presumably.)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I'd still expect a deal to be made like is tated before where Kubica runs through the year, Sirotkin will have friday practices and the Russian GP weekend, and become reserve driver.
If Kubica then fails he'll automatically be upgraded to race driver.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

FrukostScones

kptaylor wrote: โ†‘
19 Dec 2017, 17:36
And now rumors Kubica (via Rosberg) has offered his $7MM in backing to secure the first 7 races with Williams. If he doesn't perform they can drop him for Sirotkin for the remainder of the season. (And his $15MM in backing presumably.)
with ROSBERG side pod advertising? :mrgreen:
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Jolle
Jolle

FrukostScones wrote: โ†‘
19 Dec 2017, 22:48
kptaylor wrote: โ†‘
19 Dec 2017, 17:36
with ROSBERG side pod advertising? :mrgreen:
Vivi's Creamery of course!

https://www.facebook.com/viviscreamery/