[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
CAEdevice

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2017

What a nice surprise!
I did not expect such a twist: I'm happy to find you Julien. :)

Thanks to all the staff (André, Richard, Chris) and to all the participants, especially to Robert (JJR) who made this challenge very interesting. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

julien.decharentenay
julien.decharentenay

I am back from being run under a lot of work. I have been missing the thrill of it - but not sure I have a lot of spare time to take a very active role... But enough to give a little bit of a hand and a surprise.

So for the 2017 season results are:
  • Winner: CAE Device
  • Second place: JJR
  • Third place: Variante
In the Intro class, with victory at all 5 races:
  • Winner: Brooke Motorsport
Congratulations to the winners and all participants and wishing you a well deserved break and hoping to see you participating in the 2018 season.

machin

It is good to see you on the forum again Julien!

There was a good fight between Brooke and Evolve for the Intro-class (the colours of the two cars are very similar, but I hope you can see the overtake down the Mulsanne!)....

My own little foray didn't quite come up with the goods... But it is a stepping stone to next year when I will run a CAESES designed car for the complete season.

Well done to everyone involved... Championship winners, race winners (I think we had 3 from a possible 10, separating out the main and Intro classes!), newcomers, and championship stalwarts!

Now to concentrate on next year's cars! (Plus a nice break for Andre and Chris.... maybe... Until they start getting messages about next season's championship!)

👍👍👍
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

julien.decharentenay
julien.decharentenay

machin wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 17:40
It is good to see you on the forum again Julien!
Thanks a lot and thanks Matteo. I have great memory of my time here.
machin wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 17:40
Now to concentrate on next year's cars! (Plus a nice break for Andre and Chris.... maybe... Until they start getting messages about next season's championship!)
Andre & Chris, have a good break and many thanks for keeping the spirit going. It takes a lot of work and commitments.

LVDH

julien.decharentenay wrote:
17 Dec 2017, 18:23
Andre & Chris, have a good break and many thanks for keeping the spirit going. It takes a lot of work and commitments.
Hi Julien, thanks for making a small comeback. It is cool to see that that daddy is back.

Congratulations to everyone. This championship is so cool and has seen so many designs that it is incredible to see how CAEdevice and Brook Motorsport could dominate in this way. I see the cars every race and see that people are not running out of new ideas. I hope to find the time soon to make technical articles on all cars. You guys would be amazed to see how different the cars are.

And a very big thank you to Richard and esp. Chris. Running this championship is so much work, you cannot imagine it and I think Chris has the largest chunk during a race. And as we once more started late into the season there was always little time to relax. So now I guess everyone is happy about some off-time. We will work on new rules and new cool features though.

I hope Matteo's great contribution will help everyone to make better cars to beat him next year. We had an incredible rookie this year. Maybe it will be his turn to keep JJR on P2.

Alonso Fan

This is really nice. Happy to see you back Julien.

Thanks to all staff members and CAEdevice for their commitments and sponsorship.

Very happy with my result :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

JJR
JJR

Congratulations to Matteo for another championship victory. You was dominante force this year and car worked perfect on all kind of circuits.Title is in good hands.

Congratulation to Variante for comeback on podiums and Alonso Fan for great improvement and also to Brook
Motorsport for dominance in his category.

Thanks to Andre and Chris for oportunity to become us a racecar designers :).

It is great to hear about Julien and suprise us all.

Im also happy for my another 2nd place overall and looking forward next season.

Thanks everyone who participate on this great adventure.

LVDH

I have updated the homepage will all results. While doing so I noticed that IDADOX just barely lost P3 in the overall championship to Variante thanks to his P2 in Le Mans. But still, this is obviously very very good for a rookie. You all know how hard it is to get to the top.

Last edited by LVDH on 18 Dec 2017, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

CAEdevice

Variante is back, I can't wait to see the numbers of the simulations.

RicME85

Congratulations everyone. That was a great last race, when I saw my car behind to start with I was a little concerned but the speed down the straights definitely helped!

Oh and ....

Grazie mille Matteo!

CAEdevice

You are welcome!

I think I was wrong in the choice of the prize, next year you will have studied the book by Adrian Newey and I will find myself in last place. I'll have to order a copy for me too.

Alonso Fan

CAEdevice wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 13:51
You are welcome!

I think I was wrong in the choice of the prize, next year you will have studied the book by Adrian Newey and I will find myself in last place. I'll have to order a copy for me too.
:D :lol:

Edit: LVDH I have just seen the results on the challenge page and I think you have miscalculated my result. I used the same car as last race so I should have a cl of -2.407

Maybe you need to do the results again :)
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

LVDH

Alonso Fan wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 14:13
CAEdevice wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 13:51
You are welcome!

:D :lol:

Edit: LVDH I have just seen the results on the challenge page and I think you have miscalculated my result. I used the same car as last race so I should have a cl of -2.407

Maybe you need to do the results again :)
](*,) Oh no. This is probably a copy-paste error. I just do not understand it, the other values are correct so why is the lift wrong? I will have to take a deeper look as possibly some other values are wrong. Everyone should have a look and let me know if something else seems incorrect.

rjsa
rjsa

Congratulations Matteo.

Nice Ride Variante ;). I was about to moan that I had a silly folder error that cost me a couple positions in race one but then I remembered Variante also has a bad run under his belt.

Thanks Andre & Staff, this is a great ride!!!!

Oh, my numbers look right.

variante

Congratulations, Matteo! You dominated this season!

Good season from JJR too, the only actual contender to the title.
Great performance from rija... your car's numbers look very promising! Now you are really close!

It will be interesting to see the technical differences between each car...

BTW I didn't expect the comeback of Julien :D