Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sonador

Re: Livery thread again!

Loving the yellow Red Bull, and the papaya Mclaren.

I think F1 needs more bright colors, with all the dark color cars its is sometimes diffcult to see who is racing who.
The bigger numbers helped a lot in that regards, but stil i like some bold colors in the F1 field.

proteus

Jolle wrote:
15 Nov 2017, 20:06
I don't think Renault are going to sponsor McLaren... besides, Orange is nice, but also a bit too much retro for McLaren (they want to be a high tech company).

How about, to give Chandon a bit more "flair" and something F1 hasn't seen in a while: Black and gold?
Jérôme Stoll, President of Renault Sport Racing:
“This is a strategic decision for Renault Sport Racing. It is the first time that Renault will work with McLaren and we are proud to have reached an agreement with an organisation that has such a rich Formula 1 history. This alliance is not only technical and sporting, but also comes with marketing and communication benefits. We know that McLaren will push us hard on track and this competition will be to the benefit of all.”
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

proteus

proteus wrote:
02 Jan 2018, 20:03
Jolle wrote:
I don't think Renault are going to sponsor McLaren... besides, Orange is nice, but also a bit too much retro for McLaren (they want to be a high tech company).

How about, to give Chandon a bit more "flair" and something F1 hasn't seen in a while: Black and gold?
“This is a strategic decision for Renault Sport Racing. It is the first time that Renault will work with McLaren and we are proud to have reached an agreement with an organisation that has such a rich Formula 1 history. This alliance is not only technical and sporting, but also comes with marketing and communication benefits. We know that McLaren will push us hard on track and this competition will be to the benefit of all.”
Cyril Abiteboul, Managing Director, Renault Sport Racing:
“We are pleased to confirm a new partnership for Renault Sport Racing and McLaren Racing and excited to embark on this new relationship of these two historic brands in Formula 1 cooperating together for the first time. This agreement is perfectly in line with our mid-term strategy and with our objective to be in a winning position as a team in 2020. We are looking forward to seeing the Renault brand on next year’s McLaren and racing our new partners on track. McLaren is an inspirational team with two talented drivers which should not only support our engine development efforts but also act as a reference and an example in the ongoing construction of our chassis operations. This is an exciting new beginning with a championship-winning team that is hungry to return to glory.”

proteus

proteus wrote:
Jolle wrote:

“We are pleased to confirm a new partnership for Renault Sport Racing and McLaren Racing and excited to embark on this new relationship of these two historic brands in Formula 1 cooperating together for the first time. This agreement is perfectly in line with our mid-term strategy and with our objective to be in a winning position as a team in 2020. We are looking forward to seeing the Renault brand on next year’s McLaren and racing our new partners on track. McLaren is an inspirational team with two talented drivers which should not only support our engine development efforts but also act as a reference and an example in the ongoing construction of our chassis operations. This is an exciting new beginning with a championship-winning team that is hungry to return to glory.”

GTO99

proteus wrote:
02 Jan 2018, 20:04
proteus wrote:
Jolle wrote:

Why are you posting those old Renault news comments in this livery thread?
...not just once, but 3X

Peter1919

I assume in order to prove that Renault are a sponsor/partner of McClaren and that their name will appear somewhere on the McClaren livery

Jolle

Peter1919 wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 15:53
I assume in order to prove that Renault are a sponsor/partner of McClaren and that their name will appear somewhere on the McClaren livery
Yes, just like it has a special feature on their, for the 2018 season updated, partners and sponsors section on their website: https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/

proteus

GTO99 wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 12:36
proteus wrote:
02 Jan 2018, 20:04
proteus wrote:

Why are you posting those old Renault news comments in this livery thread?
...not just once, but 3X
Aparently one duplicated, but otherwise i gave the answer to Jolle.

proteus

Jolle wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 15:58
Peter1919 wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 15:53
Yes, just like it has a special feature on their, for the 2018 season updated, partners and sponsors section on their website: https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/partners/
Wait until the tests. It will probably be added then.

Manoah2u

looks pretty awesome to me

and a pretty hot looking Mclaren-Renault

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

proteus

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 23:17

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ_krpuX0AAI4Am.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ_fqviXcAEp-Um.jpg
I cant imagine in what universe blue and orange mix together. I really hope they dont use blue with orange.

Manoah2u

proteus wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 18:05
I cant imagine in what universe blue and orange mix together. I really hope they dont use blue with orange.
in what universe? how about this universe? really?

=P~ =P~ =P~
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

NathanOlder

As soon as i read the blue orange comment i was just going to find some pics of Gulf Mclaren, only to scroll down to see a heap of pics already =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

wesley123

proteus wrote:
04 Jan 2018, 18:05
Manoah2u wrote:
03 Jan 2018, 23:17

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ_krpuX0AAI4Am.jpg:large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ_fqviXcAEp-Um.jpg
This.

It'll only really work if one color has the large majority. ie. Orange with a blue stripe could work relatively well as it will act as a divider in the livery.

If we look at the color wheel(or w/e it is called) We see that orange and blue are literally polar opposites.

The Gulf example that is given is appreciated for its historical value, rather than it actually being a good livery. I don't think people would appreciate the livery very much if it was thought of in the current day.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Sieper

I agree, All though I do love the gulf livery (probably due to the history behind it) that 90s McLaren F1 in gulf livery I own a scale model of (HPI racing) the long tail in all black (Loctite) as well. But that drawn up 2018 McLaren F1 car I don't like. at all. Very ugly. Nando's Indi Car I do find cool, but last years McLaren with black orange and touch of white also didn't do it for me, not as dreadful as this proposal though.