2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
proteus

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

BosF1 wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 00:49
https://imgur.com/H2qjcbo

Indeed, Telefónica used to be a sponsor back in the Renault days.

Disclaimer: the image above serves purely as evidence for the claim that Telefónica used to be a sponsor in F1. Any other 'assets' that might be seen on the image are purely coincidental.
All i care about on this picture is a Playstation sponsorship.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

RedNEO

Incase anyone missed it here’s a close up of that PlayStation logo one more time

marmer

F1 2005 was a great game drivers actually swapped teams in career mode not held back like the current games are

NathanOlder

Yeah i remember a few games with driver changes. Loved it. Made it so much more exciting.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Joseki

godlameroso wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 21:29
Amazon as a tech partner, Kimoa, and Petrobras?
Kimoa was already announced so it's not that.

Manoah2u

So i guess i probably stand corrected about a full yellow-green Mclaren for 2018 with some reddish accents - well, could still happen though, but from revisiting Zak's comments in various (recent) interviews, i picked out the most important ones;
"I think the fans want us to go to Papaya Orange for sure. When we did the IndyCar we had an overwhelming amount of 'Please make your F1 car like that'.
"We are waiting on a few sponsor decisions which also can dictate what a car looks like. I wouldn’t rule it out."

Brown says McLaren won't totally rebrand its livery to suit a single commercial partner, as Force India did this year with water sponsor BWT.
After divorcing Honda as its power unit supplier in F1 to switch to Renault engines from 2018, an estimated $80m hole could appear in the McLaren budget
but Brown has downplayed any concerns.

"We have signed some sponsors, but I don't know exactly when we're going to announce them," he added.
a deal between McLaren, Petrobras and Setta Camara will be announced ahead of the 2018 season.

"We could not sell to potential sponsors the story that things will get better next year.
That was one of the reasons why we needed a new engine supplier."

"The car's not going to look the same as last year," Brown said.
"Our whole brand, the visibility of McLaren, is going to go to the next level and it's going to be exciting.
anyway, had to share this amazing picture. imagine Formula 1 in the snow o.O

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bauc

Xero wrote:
12 Jan 2018, 20:04
Probably not an indication of team colours as such, but McLaren sticking to their black and silver/grey vibes for teamwear at least.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/951793167938084864
All I see is the Star Trek uniform emblem :D :D :D
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Thunder

Why are we acting as if the McLaren Swoosh was something new again? :wtf:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

bauc

Thunder wrote:
15 Jan 2018, 10:57
Why are we acting as if the McLaren Swoosh was something new again? :wtf:
Its just the way it was portrayed in the Twitter post, it looked like a Star Trek teaser photo... plus is a winter off season and we are all in limbo.... :D
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mclaren111

Mclaren Twitter:
With preparations for 2018 well underway, we followed the race team to Sandhurst to find out how they’re working with @McLarenApplied to optimise their performance. 👊
https://twitter.com/McLarenF1

Interesting. Lets hope this works well. Pitstops come to mind !!

mclaren111

Autosport.com:

http://www.f1reader.com/news/mclaren-ha ... hes-188451

Very interesting interview with Tim Goss

f1rules

yeah very open on key matters regarding the two layouts

Redragon

Manoah2u wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 21:44
I'm not so sure about Kimoa.
It offcourse could be announced as such, but i feel like it due to being Alonso's brand, not to be such 'big' assett and as such 'mentionable' in the same breath, even though that sounds a bit harsh.
Petrobras is a big sponsor, Amazon would be too. Kimoa? nah. Yes it's new to the sport, but still.

I also read something about Movistar, but since there's a mention about 2 being new and the third not, which probably be Petrobras,
i'd find it odd if that one would be mentioned too.

Unless it's not Petrobras but Movistar which will be announced soon. Or could be Telefonica?
Wasn't Movistar or Telefonica part of Renault when Alonso was there?
Movistar is Telefonica mobile brand. Probably if there is an sponsor from them would be Movistar+ that it is the private tv channel from telefonica and had the deal to broadcast F1 for the next 3 years.

Redragon

Manoah2u wrote:
14 Jan 2018, 19:29
So i guess i probably stand corrected about a full yellow-green Mclaren for 2018 with some reddish accents - well, could still happen though, but from revisiting Zak's comments in various (recent) interviews, i picked out the most important ones;
"I think the fans want us to go to Papaya Orange for sure. When we did the IndyCar we had an overwhelming amount of 'Please make your F1 car like that'.
"We are waiting on a few sponsor decisions which also can dictate what a car looks like. I wouldn’t rule it out."

Brown says McLaren won't totally rebrand its livery to suit a single commercial partner, as Force India did this year with water sponsor BWT.
After divorcing Honda as its power unit supplier in F1 to switch to Renault engines from 2018, an estimated $80m hole could appear in the McLaren budget
but Brown has downplayed any concerns.

"We have signed some sponsors, but I don't know exactly when we're going to announce them," he added.
a deal between McLaren, Petrobras and Setta Camara will be announced ahead of the 2018 season.

"We could not sell to potential sponsors the story that things will get better next year.
That was one of the reasons why we needed a new engine supplier."

"The car's not going to look the same as last year," Brown said.
"Our whole brand, the visibility of McLaren, is going to go to the next level and it's going to be exciting.
anyway, had to share this amazing picture. imagine Formula 1 in the snow o.O

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQYIB-pXcAABGZp.jpg:large
Curious that in the interview is mention the 80 millions of dollars hole but let's keep ingnoring it so some members here don't get upset

Redragon

Redragon wrote:
17 Jan 2018, 18:40
Manoah2u wrote:
13 Jan 2018, 21:44
I'm not so sure about Kimoa.
It offcourse could be announced as such, but i feel like it due to being Alonso's brand, not to be such 'big' assett and as such 'mentionable' in the same breath, even though that sounds a bit harsh.
Petrobras is a big sponsor, Amazon would be too. Kimoa? nah. Yes it's new to the sport, but still.

I also read something about Movistar, but since there's a mention about 2 being new and the third not, which probably be Petrobras,
i'd find it odd if that one would be mentioned too.

Unless it's not Petrobras but Movistar which will be announced soon. Or could be Telefonica?
Wasn't Movistar or Telefonica part of Renault when Alonso was there?
Movistar is Telefonica mobile brand. Probably if there is an sponsor from them would be Movistar+ that it is the private tv channel from telefonica and had the deal to broadcast F1 for the next 3 years.
Also to add to my last comment Kimoa could be like the GURU clothing like the old days at Renault in 2005 and 2006 that their logo it was a white flower