Livery thread again!

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
santos

Re: Livery thread again!

Postmoe wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 18:08
I think that there is an easy solution to all this blue&orange dichotomy: just add white.

50% hard orange
30-40% white (sponsors and lower body)
10-20% Blue and mainly used for sponsors and countours (between roange and white).

It is no Gulf (which is the best combination BUT is already taken by history), it has contrast and it's unmistakable.
Orange, white, blue... it's getting into the worst livery's i can remember: 2007/8 Renault

Manoah2u

santos wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 18:40
Postmoe wrote:
I think that there is an easy solution to all this blue&orange dichotomy: just add white.

50% hard orange
10-20% Blue and mainly used for sponsors and countours (between roange and white).

It is no Gulf (which is the best combination BUT is already taken by history), it has contrast and it's unmistakable.
Orange, white, blue... it's getting into the worst livery's i can remember: 2007/8 Renault
no need to worry, by the looks of things, Mclaren will sign PetroBras as a BIG sponsor, and that means there will be green and yellow in their livery and it'll surely be very present. Zak says they want to keep Mclaren's identity, and has mentioned the Mclaren red needs to be present still.

The interesting part about that is that he refered to mclaren's need to being recognisable laid in having mclaren RED in the livery. Which is really interesting if you think about it, since for 2017, there was no Mclaren Red at all on the car, there was only orange, black, and white.

That might suggest that if we do get a green and yellow Mclaren, that the red, so not orange, but the red, could make a return in 'accent' like we have seen with the chrome-black liveries between losing the vodafone deal and before turning to black.

( he mentioned that instead of the fan's hoping for full orange, their main sponsor would have a say in dictating the livery, but they had'nt reached a decision yet)

unfortunately haven't ran into a green-yellow petrobras fan livery yet. am quite curious though!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

GM7

Manoah2u

That definately looks like a Alonso-time Renault!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

_djc

My latest F1 concepts:

Image - Someone posted this as a 3D livery. Does anyone know how created it/did it, I would like a word...

Image Retro Mod Mclaren

_djc

Toro Rosso Honda Concepts:

Hard to beat what was arguably the best livery on the grid last season (And yes it says Kvyat as these were done before he left)

_djc

Manoah2u wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 20:46
santos wrote:
16 Jan 2018, 18:40
Postmoe wrote:

50% hard orange

no need to worry, by the looks of things, Mclaren will sign PetroBras as a BIG sponsor, and that means there will be green and yellow in their livery and it'll surely be very present. Zak says they want to keep Mclaren's identity, and has mentioned the Mclaren red needs to be present still.

The interesting part about that is that he refered to mclaren's need to being recognisable laid in having mclaren RED in the livery. Which is really interesting if you think about it, since for 2017, there was no Mclaren Red at all on the car, there was only orange, black, and white.

That might suggest that if we do get a green and yellow Mclaren, that the red, so not orange, but the red, could make a return in 'accent' like we have seen with the chrome-black liveries between losing the vodafone deal and before turning to black.

( he mentioned that instead of the fan's hoping for full orange, their main sponsor would have a say in dictating the livery, but they had'nt reached a decision yet)

unfortunately haven't ran into a green-yellow petrobras fan livery yet. am quite curious though!
I can't see them running anything outlandish - Unless Petrobras are their title sponsor, I imagine they will get the same treatment and Mobil 1/BP Castrol did before them. Single Colour text.

proteus

_djc wrote:
20 Jan 2018, 21:30
My latest F1 concepts:

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... c89751.jpg

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... 33e9f1.jpg - Someone posted this as a 3D livery. Does anyone know how created it/did it, I would like a word...

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... eaae2d.jpg Retro Mod Mclaren
I like the Mclaren very much.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

McHonda

Damn I love the Macca!, top job. Also love the Saubers and the first STR.

Great work _djc.

_djc

McHonda wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 05:23
Damn I love the Macca!, top job. Also love the Saubers and the first STR.

Great work _djc.
Thank you!

Currently creating my 2018 grid.

GM7

My last livery :

Some liveries i've made last year :

Last edited by GM7 on 24 Jan 2018, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

VFC_Cipher

Hey _djc can you please post the "West" style McLaren here? It is really good.

_djc

VFC_Cipher wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 19:17
There you go...

Their team wear is hinting at Orange/white but there's always some black and chrome.

I think it will be all orange with black trim personally.

FW17

_djc wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 23:36
VFC_Cipher wrote:
24 Jan 2018, 19:17
There you go...
https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/proje ... 3dc8d8.jpg

Their team wear is hinting at Orange/white but there's always some black and chrome.

I think it will be all orange with black trim personally.

I think it should be gold and black

bauc

Ahhhhhh so many good memories of the WEST era livery of Mclaren Mercedes

Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg