Moving F1-Staff

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
noname

Re: Moving F1-Staff

Morteza wrote:
29 Sep 2017, 11:24
Couldn't FIA foresee a situation like this, so they could have take precaution?
What situation? People, also those high-level, are moving between the teams all the time.
How this being different to TD moving from one team to another?

Vanja #66

Well maybe, you know, knowing the secrets of all the teams (instead of just one) makes it a completely different situation? Not to mention having a shorter gardening leave than if he was working for another team...
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#Aerogimli
#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

ChrisDanger

More developments on the Budkowski case:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/top- ... se-960465/

A telling quote from Bob Fernley:

"I don't know if something can be done at this point," the Force India boss told Motorsport.com. "But I think we probably have to look backwards and forwards.
So I guess we'll see Marcin in yellow towards the end of the year. I kinda hope he has enough of an impact to get Renault fighting for the occasional victory, just to have a bit more competition at the front. It would also be great to see both Hülkenberg and Sainz score their first wins.

ChrisDanger

Well, it's official. Budkowski appointed as the "Executive Director".

[media]https://twitter.com/RenaultSportF1/stat ... 2537345024[/media]

Gerhardsa

I don't really know why the teams are moaning because of his movement to Renault with only 3 months sabbatical.
He quit when ? like a week or two ago? Those 2018 Renault cars will be almost complete by the time he starts there in Jan 2018. The whole philosophy of the car is probably already done.
This is (in my humble opinion) a stupid "shaking of cages" and throwing toys out the cot from the other teams.

bauc

Gerhardsa wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 08:39
I don't really know why the teams are moaning because of his movement to Renault with only 3 months sabbatical.
He quit when ? like a week or two ago? Those 2018 Renault cars will be almost complete by the time he starts there in Jan 2018. The whole philosophy of the car is probably already done.
This is (in my humble opinion) a stupid "shaking of cages" and throwing toys out the cot from the other teams.
Its not so much about the car design, he knows all internal components of all engines, transmissions ect.... its the PU technology transfer they are worried the most
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

ChrisDanger

Gerhardsa wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 08:39
Horner's been quite vocal that he recently toured the Red Bull factory and for example reviewed the 2018 suspension design. This is obviously information you wouldn't disclose to a competitor. I agree Budkowski can perhaps not greatly influence the 2018 Renault chassis, but he surely can make some difference, although I think it's more the principle of the matter. I suspect Horner feels quite violated, effectively allowing full access to a spy, in a way.

Gerhardsa

True bauc.
But I am commenting on what Horner was crying about again today:
" I think it could be a big issue for Renault if a team finds one of their components on that car" - Horner
Parts will appear on the cars that are copies from others eventually. Its just a question of time and how much advantage they will lose because of it (the other teams).
They are not going to let this go.

Gerhardsa

I see now that the leave period might change to 6 months. That should close this case hopefully.

Ennis

Gerhardsa wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 09:45
I see now that the leave period might change to 6 months. That should close this case hopefully.
Most likely irrelevant. If they aren't having conversations passing on information, which he would have as part of the team anyway, it would be a bit stupid on their part. There's no way to govern conversation.

lio007

Enrico B. joined Red Bull Racing as Principal Aerodynamicist this month (former Aerodynamics Group Leader Future car Group at Mercedes)

Steven
Owner

Laurent Mekies (previously deputy F1 safety director) is set to join Ferrari
news/21549

jjn9128

Steven wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 23:50
news/21549
Was wondering if anyone would mention this. Seems to be a blow for the FIA - he looked to be being groomed as Whiting's replacement. Bit of a brain drain going on at the FIA after Budkowski's exit.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Steven
Owner

jjn9128 wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 00:49
Steven wrote:
14 Mar 2018, 23:50
https://www.f1technical.net/news/21549
Was wondering if anyone would mention this. Seems to be a blow for the FIA - he looked to be being groomed as Whiting's replacement. Bit of a brain drain going on at the FIA after Budkowski's exit.
On the other hand, former Ferrari chief designer Nikolas Tombazis has joined the FIA one week ago to head up the single seater technical department.

jjn9128

Steven wrote:
15 Mar 2018, 13:19
On the other hand, former Ferrari chief designer Nikolas Tombazis has joined the FIA one week ago to head up the single seater technical department.
True, he had been consulting for FOM in Brawn/Sommerville's aerodynamics group, maybe that bodes well for FIA/FOM collaboration in the future?
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica