Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 C37

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
godlameroso

Re: Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 C37

ajprice wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 14:38
They had the rollover fin with the split intake last year.
https://cdn-7.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... er-c36.jpg
The side pods from last year compared to this year are completely revamped, this car has gone through a drastic change probably the most radical departure from last year so far.
Saishū kōnā

digitalrurouni

Gerhardsa wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 13:59
These cars would look really good without those stupid halo's. Such an eyesore
Agreed but this car looks so much better than their previous attempt and I really dig the color scheme. Looks like quite the step up this car will be compared to last year's machine. Sauber getting the same engines as the 18 Ferraris? Or is it last year's engine?

jagunx51

godlameroso wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 14:58
ajprice wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 14:38
They had the rollover fin with the split intake last year.
https://cdn-7.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... er-c36.jpg
The side pods from last year compared to this year are completely revamped, this car has gone through a drastic change probably the most radical departure from last year so far.
............!!!!

godlameroso

DVB wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 14:04

That ass!!!! :P :P :P
All though some stuff seems to miss between the rear wheels and the rear wing :wtf:
Rear brake winglets?
Saishū kōnā

Steven
Owner

Sauber is to run the 2018 spec Ferrari engine.

The car does indeed look different to any other, but I have my doubts. They are certainly not adhering to Adrian Newey's principle to limit car surface to reduce laminar flow issues.

Gerhardsa

digitalrurouni wrote:
Gerhardsa wrote:
Agreed but this car looks so much better than their previous attempt and I really dig the color scheme. Looks like quite the step up this car will be compared to last year's machine. Sauber getting the same engines as the 18 Ferraris? Or is it last year's engine?
Same engines as Ferrari I believe. Due to Leclerc deal

Fede90

That diffuser reminds me SF70H's one, same profile. Very nice sidepods solution splitted in two sections, about this i see a particular contoured design of engine bonnet near gear. =D>

Sniffit

Gerhardsa wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 15:05
digitalrurouni wrote:
Gerhardsa wrote:
Same engines as Ferrari I believe. Due to Leclerc deal
Has nothing to do with LeClerc, the engine deal was closed long before there was any talk about a Ferrari driver.

TwanV

Nice surprise, it doesn't look like a Ferrari =D> Time will tell if the car is efficient, but it appears they have made quite a tech-step over the winter.

Sniffit

The suspension design is really interesting.

f1316

Sometimes I wonder if people say that something (a solution, a livery etc.) is ‘nice’ just because it’s different; nothing necessarily wrong with that but always amazes me how much people on here profess to know about the performance of a car from its launch photos.

Interesting looking solutions on the Sauber in any case - they’re the first car so far to do something we’ve not seen last year (whether that’s a mistake or not remains to be seen) and the rear outlet is very aesthetically pleasing.

I personally could have done with more red but that’s for another topic.

Holm86

What is this hatch for on the front of the halo? Seems very big, if its only hiding som mounting screws for a faring

Fede90

f1316 wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 15:26
Sometimes I wonder if people say that something (a solution, a livery etc.) is ‘nice’ just because it’s different; nothing necessarily wrong with that but always amazes me how much people on here profess to know about the performance of a car from its launch photos.

Interesting looking solutions on the Sauber in any case - they’re the first car so far to do something we’ve not seen last year (whether that’s a mistake or not remains to be seen) and the rear outlet is very aesthetically pleasing.

I personally could have done with more red but that’s for another topic.
An interesting solution is only an interesting solution. That means, the idea behind the car is to try something different that could work or not. We will see the greatness of the project during season :)

trinidefender

Wouldn't be surprised if the rear brake ducts were simply not ready for the launch so nothing was fitted

Tattoo-

trinidefender wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 16:12
Wouldn't be surprised if the rear brake ducts were simply not ready for the launch so nothing was fitted
Also front brake ducts are missing! :?
"There are only three sports: bull fighting, car racing and mountain climbing. The rest are mere games!" - Ernest Hemingway