2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
IamLegend

Re: 2018 Force India F1 Team - Mercedes

NAPI10 wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 02:47
If it's true, really unfortunate end to an inspiring mid-field team. A consortium cannot feed same level of passion & leadership support that Vijay has provided year over year. I see them fade away in next 2-3 years.
Really sad!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(
I share the same sentiment, I hope there was a more credible news source than the express article. This is all I could find, it's a few days old though.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-moto ... SKCN1G622Z

kptaylor

So a black, gold and pink livery is on tap?

adrianjordan

Back to the Marussia era for the team I fear 🙁

Always had a soft spot for this team ever since they were Jordan.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Manoah2u

kptaylor wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 17:40
So a black, gold and pink livery is on tap?
literally what i said a few posts back.

why the worries. vijay did a great job with the team, and though i think it's sad to see everything that's going on around him, and despite he has had a well hand in the team, that doesn't mean vijay was what made force india, the crew in silverstone paired to the traveling circus of that same silverstone team and the drivers made the team.

i really dont get this doomsday exegeration stuff.

the team was doing fantastic last year, they have much more invested for this year, they just had BWT connected to them which is clear in the livery, and it seems now they're going to be 'bought' by a company that's gonna invest a substancial amount of money - frankly, it's much more positive view on the future than constantly remaining under the wing of somebody wanted by the government and in deep financial 'crisis' (not really, but that's whats said anyway). yet despite all around vijay, the team is doing fantastic.

so stop the negative nancy nonsense that's prevalent around here lately regarding anything and be positive for a change.

for real, what's the issue. are people only seeking for reasons to whine?

this might be a very positive development and hey, another JPS-like livery on a F1 car, i'm surprised people aren't cheering crazy, and this time the black and gold won't be to hark back to a long gone era, but actually BE the colour of the brand.

also:

"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Manoah2u

but just to make you guys feel better
we would like to clarify that the story in the Sunday Express yesterday re @ForceIndiaF1 was supposition, not authorised & inaccurate
[media]https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/ ... 8515477509[/media]

it's what's called....

can you guys now sleep well again?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

marmer

adrianjordan wrote:Back to the Marussia era for the team I fear

They were never that bad

IamLegend

Manoah2u wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 21:01
but just to make you guys feel better
we would like to clarify that the story in the Sunday Express yesterday re @ForceIndiaF1 was supposition, not authorised & inaccurate
https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/ ... 8515477509

it's what's called....

https://i.imgur.com/LMgs3xU.gif

can you guys now sleep well again?
I'm so glad! Honestly, this is the second year in succession that the team has been getting a bad coverage by the "fake news" press from a financial point of view. Last year it was about them not being able to pay the suppliers, this year it's this lousy energy drink story.

I hope we can continue to talk about what this big hitting team can do with it's leadership and talent included. Go Force India or Force One or Air Force One or what ever the heck this gem of a team out of Silverstone will be called in a few days to come!

adrianjordan

marmer wrote:
05 Mar 2018, 22:31
adrianjordan wrote:Back to the Marussia era for the team I fear

They were never that bad
Yes, sorry. I meant Midland and Spyker...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Squid

To be honest, that tweet really sounded like a non-denial.

"supposition, not authorised & inaccurate" leaves a lot of it open to interpretation.

IamLegend

Squid wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 11:48

"supposition, not authorised & inaccurate" leaves a lot of it open to interpretation.
With all those 3 words combined, I'd say about 3mm. :D

Manoah2u

Squid wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 11:48

Sure, but that's exactly what supposition is :mrgreen:

Being in talks does not equal taking over a team.

Mallya surely is under a magnifying glass and thus also the force india team, especially after the 'force' trademark notifications of recent. so 'everybody' (read: media tabloid) is trying to find something out for a headline, and there they have found something to write about.

It can be total nonsense and nothing more but a conversation between a SFi guy with some management of Rich Energy looking to find a team to sign 'their' driver with F1 aspirations. In other words, the news is still false - incorrect, supposition, AND not authorized. and still, very much, mean what they say; that there really is no news and nothing is gonna happen.

Sidhartha.techie

Here's something to cheer you guys up
http://www.espn.in/f1/story/_/id/226785 ... e-red-bull
"ok Lewis, it's hammer time"
" Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Aryton Senna

makecry

Sidhartha.techie wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 04:33
Mercedes says RedBull is up there with them. Force India is saying they are up there with RedBull. Force INdia for WCC and Ocon for WDC 2018.

Sidhartha.techie

makecry wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 06:27
Sidhartha.techie wrote:
08 Mar 2018, 04:33
Mercedes says RedBull is up there with them. Force India is saying they are up there with RedBull. Force INdia for WCC and Ocon for WDC 2018.
I think the fine line here is that, Redbull have got single lap pace as well, which force India don't have right now. (not even close)

Sidhartha.techie

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... lona-2018/

Force India drives the fourth fastest longrun
There is a big surprise in the big midfield as well as in the analysis of the fastest lap. On one lap HaasF1 was the fourth force, in the Longruns the so far smiled Force India. Sergio Perez was faster than Daniel Ricciardo the day before with an average of 1.22.724 minutes per lap. Although the Mexican only completed 56 laps and that only Mercedes on medium tires, but Force India is not known just to lie in the bag. Even if Perez started his race with 15 kilograms less fuel, the long run is good. The truth is rather different. Perez had the fuel consumption much less to take the foot off the gas than Kevin Magnussen, who built many laps with Lift and Coast from the second stint to get over the distance.

The relatively weak idea of ​​the Force India on a round is also explainable. The car still lacks downforce. The Aero package will be ready for Melbourne. The example of the World Cup fourth shows that you can not directly draw conclusions about the performance of the car over a lap in qualifying from the endurance races.