2018 Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
nokivasara

Re: 2018 Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team - Ferrari

I for one am really happy for their season so far, it's nice to see them competing in the actual race! The last few years they have been so much slower than the others that it hurt to see...Ericson had a good race, maybe the car is good enough for the occasional points finish even without DNF's for the competition.

Leclerc was on a bad strategy with a early unplanned tire change, I sure he will have better races.

skoop

I have to admit that I didn't like the team during the Kaltenborn era. But this season I'm really happy for them and I hope they're in the mix again.

nokivasara

Great result again! Even with Ericsons lousy weekend with several unusual mistakes they almost had both cars in the points!

Ericson is not the fastest driver but he usually has very clean races, today he was bumping in to others and even had to take the escape route at turn 15 when he was all by himself! Leclerc on the other hand had a great race and managed to get the most out of it, very nicely done!

trinidefender

Really happy for Sauber, always had a soft spot for them

Phil

Wasnt a fan of Leclerc in F2 (wasnt following it too closely to be fair and i wanted to see more of a race than pure dominance), but after his performance in Baku, he has ignited my interest. I hope he continues to do well, as do i hope does the team.
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

f1316

Another good race from Leclerc - really starting to show potential after an unspectacular first couple of races.

It’ll be interesting to see how well this continues on tracks junior formulas don’t go to - I.e. Baku and Spain he was pole/winner in F2, so he knew the circuit well; how steep is the learning curve for a rookie at tracks he’s never been to? Or is it just coincidence and, as Leclerc himself says, he just changed his driving style prior to Baku.

I think Ferrari want to be convinced to take a chance on him next year, and if he continues like this, I think they will.

ringo

Take him as what? a test driver?
It should be obvious by now that ferrari will take only experienced drivers and race winners.
The biggest exception, is if you were driving ferrari engined cars for some time and representing well, as with Massa at Sauber back in the days.
For Sure!!

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Brenton

I don't think any video was shown during the race but data shows that Leclerc overtook Ericsson, Hartley, and Alonso between laps 7-12. Wish there was onboard footage of this. After Leclerc passed Alonso, Alonso was fuming mad and started complaining to his team that he didn't want to race any more. Must have been an interesting overtake.

makecry

Brenton wrote:
02 Jul 2018, 02:08
I don't think any video was shown during the race but data shows that Leclerc overtook Ericsson, Hartley, and Alonso between laps 7-12. Wish there was onboard footage of this. After Leclerc passed Alonso, Alonso was fuming mad and started complaining to his team that he didn't want to race any more. Must have been an interesting overtake.
WTF are you talking about? It was clear what he meant with context.

foxmulder_ms

So happy we have at least 2 more years with Kimi :D

foxmulder_ms

Interesting comments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSVcIB9Yilo

Apparently, Ferrari was surprised by Kimi's move to Sauber. lol..

ray=out

I wonder where the Kimi move leaves Giovinazzi? Just a few years ago, he was a Ferrari F1 driver in waiting, but now it seems his career may have stagnated. I'm still not confident that Ericsson will be replaced for next year.

SteveRacer

I think Giovinazzi's last race in an F1 car really hurt his career