General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Bill

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Got it

Revs84

PlatinumZealot wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 09:22
Bill wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 08:24
The Honda pu is compact,lightweight,more driver ,requires less cooling,so what intangibles are on about
Intangibles: Non-physical things around the engine package. Communication, support, response time, proven track-record, familiarity, flexibility to demands, golf game invites, marketability, similarity of parts should streamline work etc. Whatever you can think of that is not the physical engine or the cash around it (I count cash as tangible - it's physical you can see it, count it, smell it whatever). The intangibles will take time to evaluate thoroughly because there are positives and negatives between the two manufacturers. Obviously I'm not an insider, but I would put Renault slightly ahead just for now mainly for familiarity and the short time Honda has to rebuild their F1 reputation.
If playing golf puts Renault ahead of Honda in terms of intangibles, then I'm not surprised Renault are still behind Ferrari and Mercedes :lol:

loner

hasika wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 08:36
https://members.f1-life.net/report/70330/

The journalist said he had learn from Honda engineer that the upgrade didnt bring the rumored 30kw(40.8hp),but just a litte bit less than 20kw(27.2hp).

So I think it seems to be around 25hp.
well they must of did something to the ICE processing beside increasing the output by 25 hp , now how about another 10 hp from upgrading the fuel...
para bellum.

etusch

There is a news tr motorsport site says Redbull will anounce Honda deal at home race...

maguetox

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Bill wrote:
The Honda pu is compact,lightweight,more driver ,requires less cooling,so what intangibles are on about
Intangibles: Non-physical things around the engine package. Communication, support, response time, proven track-record, familiarity, flexibility to demands, golf game invites, marketability, similarity of parts should streamline work etc. Whatever you can think of that is not the physical engine or the cash around it (I count cash as tangible - it's physical you can see it, count it, smell it whatever). The intangibles will take time to evaluate thoroughly because there are positives and negatives between the two manufacturers. Obviously I'm not an insider, but I would put Renault slightly ahead just for now mainly for familiarity and the short time Honda has to rebuild their F1 reputation.
An "intangible"... well more tangible was that Honda changed the whole PU in 2 hours and have the car ready for the qualy, something really unthinkable a couple of years ago, even last year in think.

etusch

They are experienced about that :-)

Marti_EF3

loner wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 14:56
hasika wrote:

The journalist said he had learn from Honda engineer that the upgrade didnt bring the rumored 30kw(40.8hp),but just a litte bit less than 20kw(27.2hp).

well they must of did something to the ICE processing beside increasing the output by 25 hp , now how about another 10 hp from upgrading the fuel...
Redbull and STR uses Esso/Mobil 1 fuel right?? Maybe when Redbull have new fuel, STR too and will be another small gain there :mrgreen:

anthonyfa18

Marti_EF3 wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 17:13
loner wrote:
hasika wrote:

Redbull and STR uses Esso/Mobil 1 fuel right?? Maybe when Redbull have new fuel, STR too and will be another small gain there :mrgreen:
yess they do

http://en.hondaracingf1.com/insights/th ... =undefined

Big Tea

Revs84 wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 11:27
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Bill wrote:
If playing golf puts Renault ahead of Honda in terms of intangibles, then I'm not surprised Renault are still behind Ferrari and Mercedes :lol:
There are a lot of things sorted out on a golf course.
Sitting in an office with records being kept you have to speak as such. When doing sport ( is golf sport? ) you can chatter and hint or once you know someone well enough just plain suggest, coerce, or bribe someone into taking a different point of view.

To have unforeseen consequences pointed out to you in a group meeting, especially with your boss there, chills the waters. A casual ' have you considered if... ' in the changing room room bar or while waiting for your 'slot' can be far more effective.

Its how the world runs, somewhat replacing the gentlemen's club.

The tea/coffee/ cold water machine serves a similar function internally.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PhillipM

I bet Alonso wishes he'd had access to a golf course when he had the Honda in the back :D

TakataDomeNSX

https://streamable.com/2n28h

Gasly passing Kmag rather convincingly

loner

Marti_EF3 wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 17:13
loner wrote:
hasika wrote:

yeah i read they will have it at the Hungarian GP with fine tuning the new PU i think we are talking about easly more 15 hp from both feul and mapping.
the new ICE character seems way way better aggressively...
para bellum.

Big Tea

PhillipM wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 20:14
I bet Alonso wishes he'd had access to a golf course when he had the Honda in the back :D
Would you have trusted him with a club while Honda people were within reach :D
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

loner

this is what i think .. Honda people told RBR they will start to catch starting from 2018 and by mid season they will introduce first step in some new ICE processing (which will make them equal to renaul) something like TJI or whatever .. which won't be mature enough before another 6 months around 2019 season start , this breakthrough
in the ICE will make them have more gains in power that Renault won't have .. some higher tech
thats why Marko said Honda engine is interesting technically , since RBR already know alot about
Renault PU .. remember GAS saying Honda got mid to long plan to show they have a proper F1 engine beside a member from RBR team said 2 days ago he believes Honda will surpass Renault in 2019.
the plan was set long time ago with RBR so RBR had to give the bait (Sainz) to renault to let go STR to guarantee a double way out .. if Honda stick to their words and introduce a proper engine they part away with Renault if not RBR would stick to renault and no harm taken.
so far Honda is showing they are true to their promises.
para bellum.

techman

yes i cant wait for austria.