Triple header is over

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marmer

Triple header is over

I thought it was great and drivers seemed to cope with it apart from vettels neck but that might have been caused by something else.
Do we know of any issue it caused for teams

Sieper

Re: Triple header is over

It was cool, but I think one (per season) is enough.

astracrazy

I prefer them spread out to be honest. I think a triple header is a lot to ask of fans really, I'm pretty sure most people would have missed at least one GP because of life getting in the way - I know I did.

Its a lot to watch quali Saturday and then the race Sunday three weekends on the trot, no matter how much of a fan you are.

Big Tea

It could have been planned easier for the teams. There was much recrossing of Europe this way. a straight a-b-c in a line would have been easier, but race order is set long ago and the countries fight to keep the dates.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

adrianjordan

astracrazy wrote: ↑
13 Jul 2018, 13:05
I prefer them spread out to be honest. I think a triple header is a lot to ask of fans really, I'm pretty sure most people would have missed at least one GP because of life getting in the way - I know I did.

Its a lot to watch quali Saturday and then the race Sunday three weekends on the trot, no matter how much of a fan you are.
Imagine being a football fan!!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Sieper

I am a big fat fan, I take every Friday off (if I can) whenever there is FP so to be able to watch it live but even to me it became a bit of a drag.

PlatinumZealot

I liked it though Austria wasn't memorable for some reason.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

astracrazy

adrianjordan wrote: ↑
13 Jul 2018, 16:30
13 Jul 2018, 13:05

I am one. Not quiet the same though. On tv much less

Sevach

14 Jul 2018, 16:32
13 Jul 2018, 16:30

I am one. Not quiet the same though. On tv much less
Doing a triple header in the middle of the World Cup was kinda tiring as fan.

I say do multiple double headers if needed, you can put one in the beginning, another midseason and another late(if necessary). Triple was a bit much.

strad

Must be the same people that think the F1 crews really need the summer break.
I have never felt working through the summer was a burden.
I know so many people who worked for years without a single vacation. Especially those starting or running a small business.
I worked for 30 years with only one short vacation and felt I was none the worse for it and before that ran a small business that if I had closed up for a month wouldn't have had anything to return to. Customers find other sources and it's hard to get them back.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

godlameroso

Big Tea wrote: ↑
13 Jul 2018, 13:25
It could have been planned easier for the teams. There was much recrossing of Europe this way. a straight a-b-c in a line would have been easier, but race order is set long ago and the countries fight to keep the dates.
Luckily Hockenheim isn't too far away from Budapest so the final 2 before the break isn't too bad, and there's worse places to be than Budapest, so there's that.
Saishū kōnā

adrianjordan

strad wrote: ↑
15 Jul 2018, 04:19
I know so many people who worked for years without a single vacation. Especially those starting or running a small business.
I worked for 30 years with only one short vacation and felt I was none the worse for it and before that ran a small business that if I had closed up for a month wouldn't have had anything to return to. Customers find other sources and it's hard to get them back.
While many people have such a work ethic, many more do not and if teams want the best staff they need to offer them time off with their families. It can't be a coincidence that the summer break is during the summer when schools are broken up and children will be at home for staff members to go on family vacations with.

Now teams could have just followed the lead of most businesses etc (in the UK at least) where staff can book their leave as and when they want it, however that risks key personnel being off when they're needed to solve a problem which lets a competitor steal a march in the championship.... Better to have all teams have vacations at the same time I guess.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Big Tea

16 Jul 2018, 11:50
strad wrote: ↑
15 Jul 2018, 04:19
While many people have such a work ethic, many more do not and if teams want the best staff they need to offer them time off with their families. It can't be a coincidence that the summer break is during the summer when schools are broken up and children will be at home for staff members to go on family vacations with.

Now teams could have just followed the lead of most businesses etc (in the UK at least) where staff can book their leave as and when they want it, however that risks key personnel being off when they're needed to solve a problem which lets a competitor steal a march in the championship.... Better to have all teams have vacations at the same time I guess.
It seems as much as anything to ensure everyone takes a break.
There are those who 'get into' something and do not want to put it down, then others feel they can not stop or they will be left behind.

The 'shut down' ensures everyone has the same period of only working on the laptop from the pool side
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.