2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
marvin78

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

The usual BS

Ground Effect

etusch wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 21:40
Ground Effect wrote:
21 Jul 2018, 16:58
Gasly was interviewed after qualy, he didn't say anything about his lap being compromised. He did complain about pace generally, with others improving and they're not. The Ferrari engine has really lifted Haas and Sauber to another level. We'll get a better picture in Hungary, where the engine makes less of an impact.
Merc says they they losing 5 tenths to ferrari on straights. What is going on?
I don't know if Toto would exaggerate, but I don't think he would. If that's the case, I can't begin to imagine what will happen in Spa and Monza. What's worrying is that the suggestion is it's not from the ICE. The task ahead for Honda is immense, spec 3 has to be big.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Thunder18

Mercedes has issues with reliability now, from what I can figure, Merc are backing off on the PU hence Ferrari looking so strong. Are TR shifting focus to next year??

TakataDomeNSX

Ground Effect wrote:
Gasly was interviewed after qualy, he didn't say anything about his lap being compromised. He did complain about pace generally, with others improving and they're not. The Ferrari engine has really lifted Haas and Sauber to another level. We'll get a better picture in Hungary, where the engine makes less of an impact.
1.9 seconds down on rbr, a car with similar power but Mr. Gasly and you want to focus on the PU side? I'm not convinced that where the greatest energy should be focused, although yes Honda could do with some power upgrades to fight Haas and Sauber better.

techman

i am suprised because the race pace is decent probably slightly behind haas. but how do they get so much time in qualiy? already mercedes are consulting FIA regarding ferrari second battery. who know they might be using more battery power than expected. only ferrari has 2 batteries. they could be bipassing the sensors

McMika98

I have been saying it for a while, the team struggles with ultrasoft tyres. They have not had one good quali so far with this tyres AFAIK. Macca prolly have the same issue. The upside however is that on raceday they get less deg while the likes of Haas amd Renault struggle with blisters and deg. But since they start at the back, there is no chance for clever strategy as cars after P11 wil be on harder tyres so basically will be behind the train. P14 max maybe if there is no incidents.

etusch

Dnfs etc, I expect very close finish to points if they have a clean race.

!Technical

Let's see what happens in terms of strategy for this race. Will the team maximise all their opportunities or make a cock up of the strategy again? There's still great value in executing a race close to perfection even if you don't make it into the top 10. It will motivate the team for the next race knowing that operationally they are faultless.

restless

In last attempt most teams made 0,5-0.7s improvement
TR was unable to get this gain
And in Q3 another 0.5s was found...
So it seems a bit of Mclaren disease - good race pace, but unable to get the maximum in qualy - partly chassis, partly drivers I guess

Ground Effect

TakataDomeNSX wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 04:25
Ground Effect wrote:
1.9 seconds down on rbr, a car with similar power but Mr. Gasly and you want to focus on the PU side? I'm not convinced that where the greatest energy should be focused, although yes Honda could do with some power upgrades to fight Haas and Sauber better.
I'm not focusing on the PU side, I disagreed with Gasly on the size of the deficit they have to Mercedes, in particular. In Hungary, they'll have nowhere to hide on the chassis side, since it's not a power sensitive track, that's what I was alluding to.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?

Ground Effect

Penalties for Gasly, with Hungary in mind.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/toro ... 62638/?s=1

Singabule

Wow one lucky point, damage - limiting to saubers. Hope hartley bad day finally end. Great driving in front of haas

restless

But the whole GP was miserable.
Awful start.
Stuck behind Williams.
Put Gasly on rain tyres instead of intermedia or US ...
Nothing positive in this weekend.
Now officially TR is fighting with Williams and Vandoorne for "slowest car in F1"

nzjrs

Strange race. Couldn't pass the Williams on heavy fuel, but kept Haas behind at the end.

Their strategy in many races seems to be leave one or both cars out for as long as possible and wait for something to happen.

Singabule

restless wrote:
22 Jul 2018, 17:04
But the whole GP was miserable.
Awful start.
Stuck behind Williams.
Put Gasly on rain tyres instead of intermedia or US ...
Nothing positive in this weekend.
Now officially TR is fighting with Williams and Vandoorne for "slowest car in F1"
Strategically they are mess after Both resign. Stuck behind will because the drivers not allowes to push to save tires, to save spareparts also and its understanable. However to put wets, thats amazingly retarded!