2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMika98
McMika98

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Renault started with 900 and now with spec C reached 950. Cyril bullshityer has thrown put few numbers that frankly are laughable. Honda should be around 970 with spec 3.

Benii6
Benii6

McMika98 wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 19:24
Renault started with 900 and now with spec C reached 950. Cyril bullshityer has thrown put few numbers that frankly are laughable. Honda should be around 970 with spec 3.
Its quite ironic how you call him a bullshitter yet here you are spewing numbers left and right.
Last edited by Benii6 on 20 Sep 2018, 07:03, edited 1 time in total.

McMika98
McMika98

The numbers for Renault are their official numbers provided on their website. The crap from Cyril is that they aint nowhere near as Merc as he thinks and neither is Honda as far away as he said few weeks ago.

GhostF1
GhostF1

McMika98 wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 22:48
The numbers for Renault are their official numbers provided on their website. The crap from Cyril is that they aint nowhere near as Merc as he thinks and neither is Honda as far away as he said few weeks ago.
Cyril spouts absolute trash, suggesting they are basically lineballing with Merc and Fez and considerably above Honda, when it's very obviously not.

Renault's media release before the season started quoted 950hp. Just to repeat, this was released BEFORE the Australian GP. I call bs on it. They have no legal reason to be honest about these figures and while I believe they've made gains with the PU year on year with each season, they quote 50hp gains year on year from 2014, stated with each media release.. it's just a nice looking number targeted at the media and the generic fan.
The Spec C in the Red Bull should be nudging 1000hp if 950 with the "Spec A" at the start is to believed... plus look at the timeline here, none of it makes sense if you use a little logic and follow progress.

The only real telling "fact", and probably the most important one relating to power figures or comparisons on track between Honda and Renault, is Christian Horner after the Canadian GP saying the two PU's are within 1% of each other in race trim. He has direct access to both fields of data.
Honda have since claimed they've made noticeable gains on the PU weekend after weekend from mapping improvements and small modifications since the Spec 2 debut in Canada, Renault on the other hand, by proxy of Sainz, have said that engine development during the season has stopped for this year's unit while they focus on developing the car. Performance difference at the moment is marginal and so if the rumours about the Spec 3 being a rather impressive jump are true, you'd have a pretty safe bet Honda has leapfrogged Renault.

Snorked
Snorked

Aero update not ready for Russia:
The car body update being developed to improve the downforce and improve the aerodynamic sensitivity will not be in time for the next race of the Russian Grand Prix. Although there is a possibility that it will be introduced if the specification 3 of the power unit is in time, the car body must fight as it is. That's why it's important to deepen your understanding of this package. That will also lead to next year.
https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... ndex_4.php

!Technical
!Technical

http://f1i.com/news/317675-toro-rosso-c ... rtley.html

A misleading article that confuses chassis upgrades with PU upgrades. Piss poor.

Singabule
Singabule

!Technical wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 16:26
http://f1i.com/news/317675-toro-rosso-c ... rtley.html

A misleading article that confuses chassis upgrades with PU upgrades. Piss poor.
Yup, the upgrade that is not working is aero one. Since 2016 f1i badmouthing honda, however i don't know why the hype energy drink owner always speak highly for MCL and bashing honda. Plus he dont want to disclose force india position last year. Sorry off topic

ispano6

F1i are French aren't they? Renault is the darling of FIA and Jean Todt. They refuse to admit F1 viewership is up these past four years thanks to Honda. They want Honda in but want Honda weak.

Wouter

Snorked wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 16:20
Aero update not ready for Russia:
The car body update being developed to improve the downforce and improve the aerodynamic sensitivity will not be in time for the next race of the Russian Grand Prix. Although there is a possibility that it will be introduced if the specification 3 of the power unit is in time, the car body must fight as it is. That's why it's important to deepen your understanding of this package. That will also lead to next year.
https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... ndex_4.php

Thank you for posting this link @Snorked!
The Power of Dreams!

tinvek
tinvek

GhostF1 wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 04:02

Cyril spouts absolute trash, suggesting they are basically lineballing with Merc and Fez and considerably above Honda, when it's very obviously not.

Renault's media release before the season started quoted 950hp. Just to repeat, this was released BEFORE the Australian GP. I call bs on it. They have no legal reason to be honest about these figures

Honda have since claimed they've made noticeable gains on the PU weekend after weekend from mapping improvements and small modifications since the Spec 2 debut in Canada, if the rumours about the Spec 3 being a rather impressive jump are true, you'd have a pretty safe bet Honda has leapfrogged Renault.
whilst i agree with you, i feel i should point out that saying that one manufacturer's claims on power are BS whilst taking another's claims on improvements, and rumoured improvements, as fact, is not the best way to base an argument

makecry
makecry

tinvek wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 11:03
GhostF1 wrote:

Renault's media release before the season started quoted 950hp. Just to repeat, this was released BEFORE the Australian GP. I call bs on it. They have no legal reason to be honest about these figures

Honda have since claimed they've made noticeable gains on the PU weekend after weekend from mapping improvements and small modifications since the Spec 2 debut in Canada, if the rumours about the Spec 3 being a rather impressive jump are true, you'd have a pretty safe bet Honda has leapfrogged Renault.
whilst i agree with you, i feel i should point out that saying that one manufacturer's claims on power are BS whilst taking another's claims on improvements, and rumoured improvements, as fact, is not the best way to base an argument
But it sure is convenient.

HPD

Toro Rosso Formula 1 team upgrade won't arrive until US Grand Prix

"The next package we produce will be a front wing update and floor update," said Toro Rosso deputy technical director Jody Egginton.
"Some of the parts we've developed there are the result of what we learned from the front wing update that we didn't actually race.

"The correlation and the changes in the way we've developed the car have been guided in some respects by that front wing.
"It is sort of a follow-on even though that front wing didn't become race spec.
"It's been incredibly useful in terms of developing the car further."

"We need to not have the same expectations as we had at the beginning of the year," said Gasly.
"We think we are going to be competitive and we're not, and then sometimes we are more competitive we thought.
"Hopefully the upgrades coming, the engine and the car, will make us a bit higher in the ranks because we have not had an upgrade for a long time and we have paid a little bit."
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13892 ... for-update
TR has not presented an important update for months. And the last update did not work in its entirety (the front wing) :|

GhostF1
GhostF1

tinvek wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 11:03
GhostF1 wrote:

I'd just like to clarify something here. I did not once tout Honda's claims, I don't believe they've even made any.
What I am saying is both PU's are about as close as possible at the moment, but with Renault freezing development introduction for the remainder of the year and Honda on the cusp of debuting another step forward, one would assume they'll jump in rank almost certainly.
Hardly using "claims", as mentioned earlier Honda themselves have not made any. But it's a relatively safe logic path no?

yener

TR anounced an update of the car for Austin at the same time Honda will bring spec3
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

rogazilla
rogazilla

yener wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 11:50
TR anounced an update of the car for Austin at the same time Honda will bring spec3
So no spec 3 in Sochi as previously reported as a possibilities? I would prefer they bring out the new engine before the car update to see if the gain is all PU and not be a mixed result.