Pitsco Airtech 40ic wind tunnel manual & software required

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
flynfrog

Re: Pitsco Airtech 40ic wind tunnel manual & software required

Post by flynfrog » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:23 am

I would open up the white box and see what is inside if its the op amps it should be pretty easy to get everything going. What voltage is the power supply?

Q-Prof

Post by Q-Prof » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:36 am

Flynfrog,
That was one of the things I wanted the manual for, and/or was hoping that Pitsco would be able to tell me.... no-go so-far. My next step after making an attempt to get the software, was to find out the power supply voltage.

I have a couple of transformer bricks left over after cleaning up the classroom that look like possibilities, but I am not sure which one it is (guessing it must be one of the two). I have not been in the room, nor used the wind tunnel for over 10 years. As for the exact power voltage, initially I was not concerned about the voltage amount, as much as the big elephant for me, which was trying to get the software.

I am thinking that I may do some prying to see what is inside also. I am away from the unit right now, but will be going in about three weeks to take a closer look at it.
"Quality of life is too valuable to take short cuts. By constantly improving our habits and striving to do our best, will dramatically improve the quality of our lives"

Brake Horse Power

Post by Brake Horse Power » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:36 pm

I don't know which university or school you work. I found this report, the test rig is on kingston university. The pc interface looks the same at first sight. Dont know how specific the wheel measuring is in the software?

https://www.scribd.com/doc/129253665/Ae ... gnment-pdf

Q-Prof

Post by Q-Prof » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:21 am

Wow, Brake horse Power...
I work with the TDSB in Toronto, and this is worth looking into. The picture does look very similar. There is a power button /box on ours right under neath the wind chamber, but the control box from a distance looks similar. The window is set-up to test wing air foils, where ours has a white base (http://mfranzen.ca/images/pics/classes/ ... nnel-l.jpg)to measure drag and wheel weights of the dragster, but they just might have the software that I am looking for.

Thanks for seeing this and passing it on here, much appreciated. I will try and contact the University to see if they can help me out.
"Quality of life is too valuable to take short cuts. By constantly improving our habits and striving to do our best, will dramatically improve the quality of our lives"

Brake Horse Power

Post by Brake Horse Power » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:36 pm

Your welcome, keep us posted. If this one doesn't work out I will see if I can find another one. I know nothing about windtunnels, but I am good at finding stuff with google.

Brake Horse Power

Post by Brake Horse Power » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:26 pm

Hi Q-prof, how did it end? Does it work already?