Mick Schumacher recent miracle to form... / ilegal car?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
FrukostScones

Re: Mick Schumacher recent miracle to form... / ilegal car?

Post by FrukostScones » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:56 am

ian_s wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:31 pm
munudeges wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:33 pm
We'll see what the effect of this is, but something has gone on.
that article was from the start of 2017, its got nothing to do with Mick Schumacher.
yes it from 2017, it says means were installed FIA to prevent cheating, and teams were caught by surprise.
It says 2018 it should be more hard to cheat, but it cleary is an indication that teams tried to bend the rules. maybe to allocate more potent engines or use certain maps for their drivers.
But maybe still something is possible.
Also in the article it says the governing body "may use" and "has the right to" do whatever necessary, but maybe those rules arent't enforeced or were changed...
I didn't go to the FIA regs page to see if the are really instated from 2018.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important. ...

zac510

Post by zac510 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:40 pm

FrukostScones wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:56 am

yes it from 2017, it says means were installed FIA to prevent cheating, and teams were caught by surprise.
It says 2018 it should be more hard to cheat, but it cleary is an indication that teams tried to bend the rules. maybe to allocate more potent engines or use certain maps for their drivers.
Also in the article it says the governing body "may use" and "has the right to" do whatever necessary, but maybe those rules arent't enforeced or were changed...
How did you derive from that article that cheating is going on? It doesn't mention any cheating at all.

FrukostScones

Post by FrukostScones » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:13 pm

zac510 wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:40 pm
FrukostScones wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:56 am

How did you derive from that article that cheating is going on? It doesn't mention any cheating at all.
people think it is possible and done and the regs change is to show that it is unfounded.
It appears to be a bid to stave off any allegations that certain competitors receive favoured treatment from main engine manufacturers Mercedes and Volkswagen.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important. ...

zac510

Post by zac510 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:57 pm

I didn't interpret favoured treatment to mean cheating, that's all.

Nathanael F1

Post by Nathanael F1 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:36 pm

2018 F3 champion
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

digitalrurouni

Post by digitalrurouni » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:21 pm

That's so cool. I hope he's not a flash in the pan and s right talent! Look forward to seeing him excel more in the future!

Sevach

Post by Sevach » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 am

Mick seems like a smart young man, reportedly people even offered him an F1 drive but he felt it was too early, i wish him the best.

Vasconia

Post by Vasconia » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:26 am

Sevach wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:23 am
Mick seems like a smart young man, reportedly people even offered him an F1 drive but he felt it was too early, i wish him the best.
I don´t know how good he can be but its clear that its a very focused and hard working guy. I am sure his father has teached him well. 1-2 years in F2 will be good for him and a good indicator of his quality. Obviously I would love to see him in F1 in 2020 but he has do to what is best for him.