New Vietnamese Track

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marmer

Re: New Vietnamese Track

Post by marmer » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:41 am

strad wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:49 pm
I predict it will never be built as drawn.
and in one fell swoop you have saddened all architects everywhere lol

NathanOlder

Post by NathanOlder » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:00 am

I agree Strad. I mean, I've heard of a green track, but all these drawings of red tracks are a little hard to believe.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

strad

Post by strad » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:39 pm

all these drawings of red tracks are a little hard to believe
NathanOlder; What would expect from Vietnam? :lol:
Scorpaguy; Are you suggesting that Liberty would use Vietnam as a pawn in a game with Silverstone? :wink:
Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

Scorpaguy

Post by Scorpaguy » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:33 am

"Scorpaguy; Are you suggesting that Liberty would use Vietnam as a pawn in a game with Silverstone?'

...nope, but such is not a bad conspiracy theory, and quite possibly true. However, what I was averring was that Vietnam can't and Miami won't.

strad

Post by strad » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:17 pm

Well it is what I suggest. :wink:
Motorsport without danger is like cooking without salt
Sir Stirling Moss

PinkFloydPulse

Post by PinkFloydPulse » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:06 pm

so what's the ticket price going to be there for the locals? 10 $? I honestly don't see the point of hosting such a high price/class/calibre event in a country like Vietnam... Maybe it's a wrong mindset but, it's just poverty there nothing else...
Team Fernando!

marmer

Post by marmer » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:22 pm

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:06 pm
so what's the ticket price going to be there for the locals? 10 $? I honestly don't see the point of hosting such a high price/class/calibre event in a country like Vietnam... Maybe it's a wrong mindset but, it's just poverty there nothing else...
There will be plenty of rich people in the Vietnam and area's around it.

It's in the city so no travel costs for a crowd something that has killed other tracks like Korea

Also being a street track there won't be many grandstands to fill so the event won't look like a failure even if the attendance is lower. There will be enough rich to fill the expensive seats and paddock areas and enough poor to fill the limited trackside

zac510

Post by zac510 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:16 am

I agree with marmer. For people in Australia it will be aroundthe same price as flying to Melbourne, and certainly cheaper than Singapore (taking into account flights, accom, food/drinks) so I think Vietnam will be quite a popular race.