General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Wouter

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Hino wrote:
09 Dec 2018, 06:53
Message from Brendon Hartley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3OlsbVUS4A
Thank you @Hino, very nice words from Brendon! Honda deserves that!
The Power of Dreams!

Snorked

Mr. Masashige Motoabashi (Second Technical Director) of Honda F1 looked back on the year 2018 which was the first year of collaboration with the new partner Toro Rosso in the fourth year of Honda who returned in 2015.
Part 1:http://f1sokuho.mopita.com/free/index.p ... 6488&tt=-1

Part 2:http://www.as-web.jp/f1/437339

Machine translate doesn't make sense - does Yamamoto say this ferocious beast released from Sakura's cage advanced past Renault?

https://members.f1-life.net/report/77497/

muramasa

At Honda thanks day event couple days ago, I saw Tanabe, Asaki, Minatoya (Gasly's engineer), Nakano (chief mechanic), and many other Honda engineers (like 7 or 8 ) most of whose faces I can recognize by seeing them in those pictures from races, including the new trainee staffs mentioned in this article;
https://www.as-web.jp/f1/436719/2
(this article is about Honda expanding supply to 2 teams next year therefore need to double the number of race staffs so training new staffs in GPs using training passes from the team and guest passes of Honda)

So it was pretty much full cast allstars race staffs from Honda/Sakura side attending the event so I was really surprised. Asaki is in charge of organizing PU development at Sakura so only came to races in Canada and Japan to oversee the introductions of new specs, sure Motegi is very near from HRD Sakura but still quite surprising. Saw Yamamoto (motorsport chief) and Matsumoto (marketing chief) as well. Also lots of STR staffs (like 15 or maybe more) including Gasly's race engineer, max allowed race staffs for 1 team are 60 (incl both team/chassis side and engine side) so practically 1/2 of actual race team came all the way to Motegi, besides they brought in STR's race garage kit (2 silver prefabs) as well. Bit overkill for just a few laps of demo/show run, I thought it quite interesting and hazard a guess that maybe they were conducting concise simulation/training of race weekend operation/procedure for the new staffs plus some general preparations/trainings by taking advantage of this opportunity because 1.the article, 2.the presence of full race members from Honda incl trainees mentioned and practically full team for 1 car, 3.I could see that they were clearly timing for the car's outings, plus following normal protocols that you see in sessions, like standby and holding station by 4 mechanics holding tyre warmers -> wait for direction then give sign and all warmers removed at once. (Regarding Asaki Matsumoto Yamamoto etc perhaps it was to talk to all those press/media for both joint and individual sessions, certainly it's economical that way).

HPD

Interesting.
Here we see the main Honda team.

Snorked

Any chance of a quick summary, muramasa? [-o<

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/smart/c ... __split_4/

ME4ME

If I interpret Google Translate correctly it seems to say that there is no way that the other manufacturers are putting in the dyno hours that Honda are. However they also point out that they have some catching up to do since they started development a year or two later.

Wazari

I just wanted to say thank you to the many well wishes and kind words received of the past months. If I haven't answered your PM's or emails, I apologize as I have tried to get to all of them in a timely manner. I have not been following this Forum. Most of your questions have been the same so I will try and answer them here. First off, I am fine. I had a minor surgical procedure in the spring and everything went well. My daughter is doing well too. I have been in the UK since summer and although it wasn't really planned, I am enjoying my time here and plan on being here until next spring. Next year should be an exciting time for Honda with the additional work of supplying two teams.

I wish everyone a Happy Holiday season and Happy New Year. That's all for now.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Wouter

Wazari wrote:
14 Dec 2018, 21:59
I just wanted to say thank you to the many well wishes and kind words received of the past months.

Great to read something from you here on the forum again Wazari!
You too a Happy Holiday season and Happy New Year. 🎄🍾
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wazari wrote:
I just wanted to say thank you to the many well wishes and kind words received of the past months. If I haven't answered your PM's or emails, I apologize as I have tried to get to all of them in a timely manner. I have not been following this Forum. Most of your questions have been the same so I will try and answer them here. First off, I am fine. I had a minor surgical procedure in the spring and everything went well. My daughter is doing well too. I have been in the UK since summer and although it wasn't really planned, I am enjoying my time here and plan on being here until next spring. Next year should be an exciting time for Honda with the additional work of supplying two teams.

Nice to see (?) you back. Some thought you had retired from the forum
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

sn809

Wazari wrote:
I just wanted to say thank you to the many well wishes and kind words received of the past months.
Its great to know you are well and your daughter is better as well. Looking forward to your comments.

etusch

Wazari wrote:

Welcome wazari it is good to see you again

lio007

Wazari wrote:

It's a real pleasure to have you back!!

CCSG

Mr Wazari,

Thank god you are back! Just made my day really. I'm a lurker here on the forum. My work building a startup takes up most of my time and my smart phone has literally a few pages i go to whenever i find time for a break. Most of time time i am on Work emails, whatsapp, Linkedin and the occasional Autosports to read up on F1 news and i would always find a reason to browse thru this forum, following the progress of Honda's engine.

Really enjoy reading the updates from you and the insights you bring to the community here. I almost given up this forum after you stopped contributing. But i knew you will be back sometime and here we are!

You know, for all the haters out there, there are a ton of people who appreciate your inputs and they are the silent majority! We are just busy with our lives with no time to write in! But we are reading all your posts and loving it! So today, i registered myself to post this up. Please keep sharing your insights!!!

Hereby, wishing everyone here a great year end and i think we can all look forward to 2019 with Redbull racing! Exciting times!

garygph

Wazari wrote:

This has made my day :)! Very good to hear you and your daughter are doing well firstly and then I must say I am looking forward to your informative posts that are always devoid of insults, attacks and or any disrespectful comments about ANYONE else. I have the utmost respect for you for that as you have had more than your fair share of negative comments thrown your way.

I am here every day reading but very very rarely post anything as I am not a fanboy looking for fanboy upvotes and do not have the knowledge to post worthwhile Technical posts. However this required a post :).

Welcome back and good health to you and your loved ones.

Steven
Owner

Please remember this is a topic about Honda.
Personal messages can be sent via PM.