Fernando Alonso announces his retirement.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
flmkane

Re: Fernando Alonso announces his retirement.

GoranF1 wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 18:31
Alonso just took a sabatical due to current Mclaren form. He is still hungry, he will seek Indy 500 crown, but will probably look to catch a top seat in 2020.
Either whit Mclaren if they recover or more likely as Leclerk teammate in Ferrari after one more poor season for four-time-fraud Vettel in 2019.
Four time fraud is a bit harsh don't you think? Seb isn't a Senna but surely he is as good as say, a Mansell or Hill.

I'm disappointed in him too but he'd be a good driver as long as he wasn't an undisputed number 1.

coaster

Farewell Fonz! Loved you in 2005,6.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

NathanOlder

GoranF1 wrote:
four-time-fraud Vettel in 2019.
:lol: :lol: =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

UlleGulle

I might have missunderstood this, but those two drivers charing a car and setup with eachother must be hell for the setup-engineers. Doesn't Alonso drive with lock-induced understeer and a very stable rear whilst Kobayashi seems to prefer loose backends Ken Block-style?

GoranF1

NathanOlder wrote:
26 Nov 2018, 19:32
GoranF1 wrote:
four-time-fraud Vettel in 2019.
:lol: :lol: =D>
As soon as he wins F1 title in a non Newey car i will say he is not 4 time fraud.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

JordanMugen

How come Alonso had no interest in Formula E?

Watching highlights from the Saudi race, I note that the driving grid is comparatively a collection of "no name" drivers. Mostly F1 rejects, F1 never was (e.g., ex-F2 drivers) and of course the better known Felipe Massa. :)

Signing Alonso to FE would have surely been a boon? Surely Alonso himself would love to prove his skill by winning the Formula E championship?

marmer

JordanMugen wrote:
16 Dec 2018, 14:00
How come Alonso had no interest in Formula E?

Watching highlights from the Saudi race, I note that the driving grid is comparatively a collection of "no name" drivers. Mostly F1 rejects, F1 never was (e.g., ex-F2 drivers) and of course the better known Felipe Massa. :)

Signing Alonso to FE would have surely been a boon? Surely Alonso himself would love to prove his skill by winning the Formula E championship?
FE is still a young series. no historical reason to join it, no money in it at Alonso level and i doubt he is interested in money these days even if they could pay him silly money

performance is still a huge step down from f1.

maybe gen 3 car would be good enough and it would have some prestige around it by then but alsonso will be well into his 40s by then

Morteza