2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren111
143
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:49 am
Location: Shithole - South Africa

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by mclaren111 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm

No problem for me if it brings money and make us win again...

Lucky
136
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:23 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Lucky » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm

Ground Effect wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:42 pm
M840TR wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm
They didn't mention if the car will carry any sponsorship logos. Interesting.
Yeah, I noticed they didn't mention anything about branding on the cars etc. Maybe the recent drama with mission winnow is a factor?
As a global partner of the McLaren Formula One team, BAT will have on-car and off-car presence throughout the season, at all times in line with applicable regulation and legislation. BAT’s new-to-world and thought-leading “A Better Tomorrow” platform will be introduced at McLaren’s 2019 car launch on 14 February.
http://bat.com/group/sites/UK__9D9KCY.n ... e/DOB9ADGX#

GoranF1
196
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by GoranF1 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:14 pm

Terrible product, good sponsor.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Chicane
42
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:21 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Chicane » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:23 pm

Mclaren are slowly but surely netting important sponsorship deals.
Quickshifter

M840TR
249
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by M840TR » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:33 pm

Lucky wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm
Ground Effect wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:42 pm
M840TR wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:02 pm
They didn't mention if the car will carry any sponsorship logos. Interesting.
Yeah, I noticed they didn't mention anything about branding on the cars etc. Maybe the recent drama with mission winnow is a factor?
As a global partner of the McLaren Formula One team, BAT will have on-car and off-car presence throughout the season, at all times in line with applicable regulation and legislation. BAT’s new-to-world and thought-leading “A Better Tomorrow” platform will be introduced at McLaren’s 2019 car launch on 14 February.
http://bat.com/group/sites/UK__9D9KCY.n ... e/DOB9ADGX#
Eager to see how much presence this and the coke deal has on the car. That'll allow us to judge the scale of investment into the team.

bauc
55
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Skopje, Macedonia

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by bauc » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:45 pm

Step by Step Mclaren are gathering sponsorship deals and this is a positive thing overall. Now they also need to find performance in the car so they can be a regular top 10 finishers and slowly but surely build themselves up again towards the front.
Fears Like Limits Are Often Just An Illusion

Ground Effect
59
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Ground Effect » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:46 pm

mclaren111 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm
No problem for me if it brings money and make us win again...
Same here, zero issues.... Happy with the direction of the partnership, innovation.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

RonDennis
32
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by RonDennis » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:03 pm

From Marlboro versus West to Mission Winnow and A Better Tomorrow.

Ground Effect
59
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Ground Effect » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:07 pm

RonDennis wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:03 pm
From Marlboro versus West to Mission Winnow and A Better Tomorrow.
Would be great if they could fight it out on track too... 5 year plan...
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Xero
40
User avatar
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:11 pm
Location: Moray, Scotland

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Xero » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:03 pm

Big coup for McLaren! Like others have already said, all the building blocks are being put in place to help lift the team back towards the front. Exciting times!

Morteza
1500
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Morteza » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:54 pm

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

M840TR
249
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by M840TR » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:57 am

McLaren Racing confirms start date for Andreas Seidl

McLaren Racing has today confirmed that Andreas Seidl, recently appointed as Managing Director, McLaren F1, will begin work on 1 May 2019.
https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team/m ... eas-seidl/

bauc
55
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Skopje, Macedonia

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by bauc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:20 am

M840TR wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:57 am
McLaren Racing confirms start date for Andreas Seidl

McLaren Racing has today confirmed that Andreas Seidl, recently appointed as Managing Director, McLaren F1, will begin work on 1 May 2019.
https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team/m ... eas-seidl/
Good News, cant wait to see what impact he will have on the team. Obviously we will have to wait until 2020 season to see any tangible changes, but my feeling is that piece by piece the puzzle comes to light

EDIT* Now we only need to know the date for James Key as well... how much more gardening leave can he have from RBR? 6 months?
Fears Like Limits Are Often Just An Illusion

M840TR
249
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by M840TR » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:33 am

bauc wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:20 am
M840TR wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:57 am
McLaren Racing confirms start date for Andreas Seidl

McLaren Racing has today confirmed that Andreas Seidl, recently appointed as Managing Director, McLaren F1, will begin work on 1 May 2019.
https://www.mclaren.com/formula1/team/m ... eas-seidl/
Good News, cant wait to see what impact he will have on the team. Obviously we will have to wait until 2020 season to see any tangible changes, but my feeling is that piece by piece the puzzle comes to light

EDIT* Now we only need to know the date for James Key as well... how much more gardening leave can he have from RBR? 6 months?
Been longer than 6 months. Must be one helluva garden.

bauc
55
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Skopje, Macedonia

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by bauc » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:49 am

M840TR wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:33 am
bauc wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:20 am
Good News, cant wait to see what impact he will have on the team. Obviously we will have to wait until 2020 season to see any tangible changes, but my feeling is that piece by piece the puzzle comes to light

EDIT* Now we only need to know the date for James Key as well... how much more gardening leave can he have from RBR? 6 months?
Been longer than 6 months. Must be one helluva garden.
I mean how much more left does he have? 6 more to go or more :?
Fears Like Limits Are Often Just An Illusion