Season opening race?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
nokivasara
nokivasara

Season opening race?

Do you guys think that having the first race at Albert Park is a good idea?

I'm always excited when the start of the season is getting close but at the same time I just want the Melbourne race to be over with because it's so different and the results rarely show the true pecking order.

I guess Adelaide is out of the question so let's bring back Brazil as the season starter 8)

marmer
marmer

Re: Season opening race?

bathhurst would be great and totally different

Jolle
Jolle

you want the season done at the first race? :D

Zynerji

It's a good burner race. Keep it first.

zac510
zac510

I like the Albert Park race because it usually contains some car breakage, a few crashes, safety cars and underdog upsets. This year was unfortunate the drivers kept it all too neat and tidy.
You certainly don't want Barcelona as the opening race!

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

marmer wrote:bathhurst would be great and totally different
That would be a very interesting race... Trying to picture F1 cars going through the track and it would be awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Even if you magically replaced the Bathurst track with an F1 friendly track you could never hold an F1 race at Bathurst.

roon
roon

Could do Bathurst, just make it a no-wings track. Cars run without front and rear wings, maybe take the floor off, or narrow it. The cars could bump into each other with less consequence. Lower cornering speeds to suit the track, as well.