2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

dfegan358 wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 23:39
What does that link article claim was the issues found by Ferrari?
Did you read my post? :)

dfegan358

LM10 wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 23:54
dfegan358 wrote:
24 Mar 2019, 23:39
What does that link article claim was the issues found by Ferrari?
Did you read my post? :)
Oh ok, I did it read it but obviously not misread the last part. My bad

LM10

Ferrari will have the "Mission Winnow" logo back on the car from Bahrain on.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra ... w/4357372/

BwajSF

F1NAC wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 18:02
BwajSF wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 12:00
Juzh wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 11:44

I know what you mean, but the speed difference at 270+ kmh would be almost negligible even if you came out of a preceding corner a bit slower. Lets not forget ferrari despite being slow was still much faster than the midfield, and those midfield cars also had much higher speed trap numbers troughout the race. We're not talking trivial numbers here, difference was quite big, and most of all, consistent.

Best case scenario it was a one off. If Bahrain is not a complete reversal of fortunes, then the season might as well be over. This year even the red bull has dropped the ball on the chassis side, so we're probably gonna get another 2016 like ferrari/RB battle with merc far ahead.

The Thing is Mercs have shown thier Hand.. Ferrari haven't. And RBR still need time to be challenging them. So with a proper set-up... it must be like 2018 with hopefully Ferrari more powerful this time.
ye but last year Ferrari brought new floor in Bahrain that also helped them. If one car is capable of going under 2 tenths off pole it will be improvement. Otherwise as Juzh said, it could be 2016 all over again.

Still I'm puzzled by Ferrari strategy. During testing car basically remained the same. In first race also. Nothing has been said about Bahrain, it's worrying a bit.
I understand your view.. but just for a second think...
Last year we had floor diffuser issues in australia causing the rear end to be unstable and not able to give confidence to the drivers so they made the necessary change and introduced the new floor in bahrain.
But this year was different Ferrari for dont know what reason didnt run thier engines full pelt (Cooling and Mapping may be being the miscalculated aspects) and thier set-up didnt enable them to work thier tyres.

If at all there is any update going to come it will be on the inside as PU mapping software, Cooling side (which will be just opening up behind the head rest more etc.) and also better set-up not exactly visible to the eye and will make the car's actual potential accessible.

Just Imagine Ferrari haven't change much of thier car since test 1 on the outside. How confident they must be with SF90 to go ahead like that. It shows they know the real potential of the car and they are confident if the team is able to set it up right it will be fastest.

Fingers Crossed ..5 More days will know....;)

GPR-A

BwajSF wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 09:07
How confident they must be with SF90 to go ahead like that.
Except, they had no idea of Mercedes' real potential. Nobody else had either. Which probably led the Ferrari to believe they have an upper hand. Now that they have a fair idea and an understanding of their own car's potential, if they come back without any modifications for Bahrain, then that would show, either they believe the potential is there and they can fight OR they need more time to catch Mercedes and working on upgrades. If there is potential, then it should be apparent in quali and if not, then they are working on upgrades. For the sake of F1, I hope they have potential and Australia was just a glitch.

Mr.G

Capharol wrote:
26 Mar 2019, 02:17
already been posted :wink:
In German...
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Capharol

Mr.G wrote:
26 Mar 2019, 07:19
Capharol wrote:
26 Mar 2019, 02:17
already been posted :wink:
In German...
Correct, I thought I posted it in English but that must have been on reddit then #-o :) :x

aleks_ader

Just one opinion guys. If you post link from the news site. Just try to add title or even better please try add little synopsis from the article. Just my 2 cents.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

GoranF1

Nice, calm, no screaming, no jumping ...looking like someone who can bring the fight to Lewis. Great job Charles.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Harvester

In a post qualifying interview Vettel admitted they were a little conservative in Australia. There is high chance that speculation about engine being turned down was true.

ME4ME

Two notable things: First of all Charles seems to prefer to keep revving the engine on corner approach rather than go for a last quick upshift before arriving at the braking zone. Secondly he is very tidy and disciplined under braking and corner entry. No overdriving.

ringo

Looks like he is showing his strenghts earlier than i expected, but the pot will start to bubble soon enough between him and Vettel. Charles is showing to be just as fast, if not more talented. Binotto will need to prepare managing both drivers.
For Sure!!