New Vietnamese Track

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
marmer

Re: New Vietnamese Track

strad wrote:
08 Nov 2018, 19:49
I predict it will never be built as drawn.
and in one fell swoop you have saddened all architects everywhere lol

NathanOlder

I agree Strad. I mean, I've heard of a green track, but all these drawings of red tracks are a little hard to believe.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

strad

all these drawings of red tracks are a little hard to believe
NathanOlder; What would expect from Vietnam? :lol:
Scorpaguy; Are you suggesting that Liberty would use Vietnam as a pawn in a game with Silverstone? :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Scorpaguy

"Scorpaguy; Are you suggesting that Liberty would use Vietnam as a pawn in a game with Silverstone?'

...nope, but such is not a bad conspiracy theory, and quite possibly true. However, what I was averring was that Vietnam can't and Miami won't.

strad

Well it is what I suggest. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

PinkFloydPulse

so what's the ticket price going to be there for the locals? 10 $? I honestly don't see the point of hosting such a high price/class/calibre event in a country like Vietnam... Maybe it's a wrong mindset but, it's just poverty there nothing else...
Team Fernando!

marmer

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
12 Nov 2018, 23:06
so what's the ticket price going to be there for the locals? 10 $? I honestly don't see the point of hosting such a high price/class/calibre event in a country like Vietnam... Maybe it's a wrong mindset but, it's just poverty there nothing else...
There will be plenty of rich people in the Vietnam and area's around it.

It's in the city so no travel costs for a crowd something that has killed other tracks like Korea

Also being a street track there won't be many grandstands to fill so the event won't look like a failure even if the attendance is lower. There will be enough rich to fill the expensive seats and paddock areas and enough poor to fill the limited trackside

zac510

I agree with marmer. For people in Australia it will be aroundthe same price as flying to Melbourne, and certainly cheaper than Singapore (taking into account flights, accom, food/drinks) so I think Vietnam will be quite a popular race.

MtthsMlw

Realistic onboard video.

LM10

Looks unspectacular.

flexcon

Wow. Good luck the trying to follow on that circuit.

The second straight seems long so possible overtaking but the sweeping corners before that are fast fast fast - maybe too fast to follow.

Reminds me of texas but at least with texas it slows them right down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manoah2u

looks pretty good to me to be honest.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Rodak

I've been to street races here in the US of A and spectating is absolutely awful. The cars are using all the track, which means they are close to the barriers and not visible to spectators. I was at the long ago Tacoma Formula Atlantic race as an official and had full circuit access; I couldn't see anything. Throw in an Eau Rouge and some elevation change and you might have something. This is video game racing at it's finest.

PlatinumZealot

I see a wall of champions in there... safety cars and red flags guaranteed!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zac510

Rodak wrote:
20 Apr 2019, 05:43
I've been to street races here in the US of A and spectating is absolutely awful. The cars are using all the track, which means they are close to the barriers and not visible to spectators. I was at the long ago Tacoma Formula Atlantic race as an official and had full circuit access; I couldn't see anything. Throw in an Eau Rouge and some elevation change and you might have something. This is video game racing at it's finest.
One thing that's good about Melbourne and Singapore, probably Baku too is that as soon as you step outside of the circuit there's a city with great atmosphere (ie bars, restaurants) and decent accommodation walking distance away. Spa, Silverstone, Suzuka etc are great but they're remote so you may have to camp in a field to be near the circuit or commute to the circuit each day.

I'm not saying one type of circuit is better than the other, but each have their advantages and disadvantages!