Formula E

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Andres125sx

Re: Formula E

Thanks. Poor stoffel...

J.A.W.

I heard that the proposed Moto E race series - due to be run during Moto GP events - has been delayed by the loss of the race machines held in storage in Spain, as result of fire.

Andres, as you are in Spain, do you have any details about this, which you can share?

Was the fire due to battery issues like the Boeing 787? Or was it another problem entirely?
"Well, we knocked the bastard off!"

Ed Hilary on being 1st to top Mt Everest,
(& 1st to do a surface traverse across Antarctica,
in good Kiwi style - riding a Massey Ferguson farm
tractor - with a few extemporised mod's to hack the task).

hollus

https://elpais.com/deportes/2019/03/14/ ... 3.amp.html

https://as.com/motor/2019/03/16/motocic ... 9.amp.html

It is in Spanish, but it can surely be translated?

Peobably a fire in the large facility battery holding all the energy, likely when the bikes where not even connected to it, like due to some shortcircuit... all very vague, likely imprecise at this point

...still in the denial phase where all say “it was not my fault”: https://as.com/motor/2019/03/17/motocic ... 53952.html
Rivals, not enemies.

Andres125sx

I saw the new, but no conclusions, too soon yet

nacho

It was said none of the bikes were being charged when the fire started, but the fire was caused by a short circuit in one of the chargers.

Not really a defense but paddock fires have happened with gasoline equipment too.

mzso

Bird deserved a proper disqualification, seeing as he completely nullified a better driver.

marmer

Less good race today and a really poor looking area of China from the landscape shots looked like a very run down place.

Attack mode was pointless not enough places to make the extra power work hope they don't go back there again.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

marmer

Amazed he stayed this long in Fe been nowhere near the top since season one and that was probably more luck any his own skill. Never looked as good wheel to wheel compared to the other top drivers in Fe

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

strad

The Rome race was a joke imo.
I've come to the conclusion that all British announcers think they have to yell. That Jack Nicholls dude was very irritating.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Tommy Cookers

and we get extra value in the British radio and TV broadcasts (of F1) ....

a driver called Kvyat and a driver called Kivyat - and a driver called Leclerc and a driver called Lecler

jjn9128

strad wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 18:13
Great wasn't it.
https://twitter.com/FIAFormulaE/status/ ... 9118690304
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

marmer

strad wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 18:13
I've come to the conclusion that all British announcers think they have to yell. That Jack Nicholls dude was very irritating.
It's better than formula 2 was with Davide Valsecchi who spent the entire race talking in odd speech patterns and never seemingly answering the questions he was asked by his partner and always countering his own argument to make whatever he did say pointless.

I personally don't like the 3 commentator set-up they have in Fe something not right about the balance.

They also do a very poor job keeping track of anything get happens off screen which should really be there main job as we can see what's happening no screen.

Can't remember who it was but they went from high up and suddenly dropped right back I noticed it on the driver list but it must have been another lap before the commentators said anything

Starscreamer

NathanOlder wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 23:35
Starscreamer wrote:
30 Jan 2019, 15:37
I love this year the FE =D>
Its close fighting and Frijns is doing well =D>
You have Frijns mixed up with his team mate ?
Wow what a race in Paris!
Frijns is leading the championship =D>
I told you he is doing well ;)
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023