2019 F1 In-Season Testing Thread

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
F1T
Administrative bot

Bahrain test: Verstappen ahead as rain interrupts running

Bahrain test: Verstappen ahead as rain interrupts running

Rain severely affected running on the opening day of the first 2019 in-season test. At the end of the day, Max Verstappen topped the timesheets, half a second ahead of Mick Schumacher who made his debut for Ferrari.

Vasconia

Re: 2019 F1 In-Season Testing Thread

HPD wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 17:06
Verstappen and Schumacher running at the top the timesheets. 1994, is that you?!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D3KBnilW4AUJghs.png
Ahh its back to the past! :mrgreen:

I would like to know Ferrari´s impressions about Mick after this day as lap times are not relevant .

Shakeman

The Press and F1 teams have a wonderful ability to hype situations for publicity. I remember vividly when Michael was at the peak of his powers the Press were hyping Ralf up, many saying that he looked even better than Michael. Well, it didn't turn out that way actually pretty far from it.

I'm sure the name will open enough doors to get Mick into F1 but so far he doesn't look like the prodigy that Lewis was at this stage of development.

Shame about the rain for testing.

marvin78

Shakeman wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 12:43
The Press and F1 teams have a wonderful ability to hype situations for publicity. I remember vividly when Michael was at the peak of his powers the Press were hyping Ralf up, many saying that he looked even better than Michael.
That's what Michael Schumacher said and the media repeated it.

Vasconia

Shakeman wrote:
03 Apr 2019, 12:43
The Press and F1 teams have a wonderful ability to hype situations for publicity. I remember vividly when Michael was at the peak of his powers the Press were hyping Ralf up, many saying that he looked even better than Michael. Well, it didn't turn out that way actually pretty far from it.

I'm sure the name will open enough doors to get Mick into F1 but so far he doesn't look like the prodigy that Lewis was at this stage of development.

Shame about the rain for testing.
Media is the worst in this aspect. Let the guy work and show what he can do. I like to know what he is doing right now but too many headlines is not the best thing for him.

NathanOlder

Morteza wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 18:11
NathanOlder wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 13:44
Any comments from Fernando yet ? love to hear what he says in his first debrief after getting out the car today
Here's what he said
Fernando Alonso wrote:“It’s a step forward in every aspect of the car. I think the car has more grip, the car is less draggy on the straights, and the engine is a bigger step better as well,” Alonso said.

“Overall, as a package, I think the car is on the right direction.

“Obviously we saw in the first two races there is still another step to do if you want to compete with the top three teams, but as a first step I think, hopefully consolidate as the fourth [fastest] team or lead the midfield together with Haas.

“That’s the target. I felt that on the car as well.”
Thanks for that.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

F1T
Administrative bot

Bahrain test: Russell fastest with Mercedes

Bahrain test: Russell fastest with Mercedes

The second day of Formula One testing at Bahrain saw much improved conditions compared to Tuesday's disrupting rain and wind. Today, Williams's George Russell went fastest in a Mercedes AMG F1 car.

Vasconia

Rusell showing some speed, Mick doing almost the same time with the Ferrari and the Alfa Romeo(another proof that times don´t count during these tests). I am curious to see if teams have checked some updates for the next races.

digitalrurouni

Ditto. I am sure this test was crucial for every single team there esp given the lack of mid season testing days - but I am curious WHAT all they tested.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza