F1 radio comms

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
zebul6666

F1 radio comms

hi.
I stumbled upon your site because I was looking for technical details about the radio communications in Formula 1.
More specificilly between pilot/car and pits but not exclusively.

I have gathered from that post dated from 2012 that it was using TETRA (digital) (european standard like P25 in USA).
I also found your article https://www.f1technical.net/features/3759 but it is even older dated from 2006. Yours focuses more about the mess of frequencies

Do you have some info to share ? Could you make an update of your article ?

I am just curious. Of course, I don't plan on listening anything myself, given all of it might be encrypted anyway. And I needed to be near an F1 track in the first place :D

Edit:
Some tech info there on ars technica about the car data being transmitted to the pit over 5GHz wifi 802.11ac (and also over 60GHz wifi 802.11ad during a pit-stop) but somehow only for Mercedes team ?
[Changed]It's for 4 thermal cams feed video that the Merc are using to monitor the tyres temperaure.

Edit #2:
I am gathering bits of information here and there.
Telemetry data is gathered by McLaren Applied Technologies ECU (mandated by the FIA) and transmitted to pit wall and then HQ. Teams used (are still using ?) ATLAS to analyze those data.
It is not clear how that data is sent to pits. At one point I found it was 35MB every lap when passing near the pits. But that's ridiculously low. A page on intel.com talks about 30GB every lap and another one seems to imply that McLaren Applied Technologies has receivers all over the track. So the data is sent in real-time and not on every lap near the pits (like it used to be ?)
But using what tech ? 3G ? WiMax ? etc ...

And what about the real-time onboard cam video feed of the car ? there are least 4 cams in FullHD. that's a lot of data too.