2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Slo Poke

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Meantime, I’ll bet Mr. Newey is busy figuring out how to incorporate a little bit of Citroen DS type suspension onto the front of Max’s car!

HPD

Max: "In Monaco we were the second best team," he said. "I knew [Montreal] was not going to be great.
"Last year we were quite competitive but I think back then our car was quite a lot better than the Mercedes and Ferrari and now I wouldn't say we are superior to them.
"Then automatically it becomes quite hard."
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14424 ... -different
We do not have any photos yet? This is very slow

Marti_EF3

ispano6 wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:35
Marti_EF3 wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:24
godlameroso wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 14:50
"In producing this Spec 3 PU, we have updated the turbocharger thanks to the knowledge and technology of the Aero engine department in the area of aerodynamic design, working alongside turbocharger manufacturer IHI."

Probably meaning turbo blade geometry in order to increase the efficiency island of the turbo?

"Our test bench data shows a power increase over the previous version of our PU, however we know that we have not yet matched the figures from the manufacturers currently leading the championship. "

So it is a bump over spec 2 but not enough to close the gap. I hope it gets the Bulls a little closer.
As I said few days ago, I hope that Hitachi have something to do with the electrical parts of the PU like the ES...
Hitachi? Honda's subsidiary for ES is Yuasa.
Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. and Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the establishment of a joint venture company for the development, manufacture and sales of motors for electric vehicles on the premises of Hitachi Automotive Systems in Hitachinaka-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture.
http://www.hitachi.us/press/Hitachi-Aut ... cle-Motors

ispano6

Marti_EF3 wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 18:05
ispano6 wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
19 Jun 2019, 16:24

As I said few days ago, I hope that Hitachi have something to do with the electrical parts of the PU like the ES...
Hitachi Automotive Systems, Ltd. and Honda Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the establishment of a joint venture company for the development, manufacture and sales of motors for electric vehicles on the premises of Hitachi Automotive Systems in Hitachinaka-shi, Ibaraki Prefecture.
Indeed, this was mentioned a bit back as it relates to Honda's future production cars, but you are onto something as everything within Honda is now inter-related as demonstrated by Honda Aircraft and IHI's deeperer partnership.
Hitachi is mentioned as being involved in Honda's "skunkworks".

Below should paint a picture as to what this skunkworks is and what they are doing to pull resources and the best R&D innovations the company currently has on tap or available in the near future. I mentioned Honda's new battery tech they developed with NASA, and a while ago I also mentioned their carbon-nanotube technology. This will all tie in, I guarantee it.

https://www.businessinsider.com/r-speci ... ack-2017-9
A key force for change inside the company is the small group of engineers, managers and planners who are working quietly behind the scenes to revamp the company, according to Hachigo and Matsumoto.

The group's existence is little known inside the company. The team works out of Kyobashi, a neighborhood near Tokyo Station. Honda bosses declined to share the identities of its members.
Wouldn't you like to know who's in that small group? :)

Marti_EF3

ispano6 wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 20:32
Marti_EF3 wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Indeed, this was mentioned a bit back as it relates to Honda's future production cars, but you are onto something as everything within Honda is now inter-related as demonstrated by Honda Aircraft and IHI's deeperer partnership.

Below should paint a picture as to what this skunkworks is and what they are doing to pull resources and the best R&D innovations the company currently has on tap or available in the near future. I mentioned Honda's new battery tech they developed with NASA, and a while ago I also mentioned their carbon-nanotube technology. This will all tie in, I guarantee it.

A key force for change inside the company is the small group of engineers, managers and planners who are working quietly behind the scenes to revamp the company, according to Hachigo and Matsumoto.

The group's existence is little known inside the company. The team works out of Kyobashi, a neighborhood near Tokyo Station. Honda bosses declined to share the identities of its members.
That's a nice article! Honda going back to its roots. I think we are starting to see the results. We've never seen anyone to bring 2 PU updates on that short time, and finally I guess that the machinery is now oiled, and running full capacity =D>

hasika

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2019 ... ports-moto

Tanabe san:
"The upgrade is not something like several tens of kw improvement,but about how to distribute with a more efficient turbo.Not only the turbo,bug also ICE and MGU-H.A better balance will improve the whole PU performance."

bosyber

So does that mean, better fuel consumption and more able to use higher power modes in the races then, which would help in overtaking, around pitstops, and in the amount of fuel they need to drag around/fuel saving needed?

Thunder18

ispano6 wrote:
20 Jun 2019, 20:32
Marti_EF3 wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

Ganbatte Wazari-san

Jaisonas

Are they using the new spec in fp1/2 ?

kistigun

Jaisonas wrote:Are they using the new spec in fp1/2 ?
Was just wondering the same

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6013 met Tapatalk

Stef

According to the FIA, yep.

Wouter

Stef wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 12:29
According to the FIA, yep.
I can't find it on de FIA site @Stef. Where did you read this? Thanks in advance.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Yes I read that, but it says:
"The following drivers will start the eighth Event of the 2019 Formula One World
Championship."

Normaly that means the race and not the FP's.
The Power of Dreams!