New Videos

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
proteus

Re: New Videos

Big Tea wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 16:47
The LAST thing we need is that tit anywhere near F1, or anything else come to that
A tit or not, he has the point. And i love when he says Mercedes and Ferrari can f off if they dont like something which is not playing in their favour. No team should be thinking it is above the sport in which it is competing in.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

strad

he could have changed his mind with that awesome race
One sparrow does not a summer make. :wink:
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

roon

I'm reminded of the 'Ban automakers' thread I started a few months ago.

viewtopic.php?p=834815#p834815

Andres125sx

proteus wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 20:20
Andres125sx wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 11:05
Clarkson style, funny, but nosense. So he want some sort of bumber cars with crazy drivers inside. It´s a shame he missed Silverstone GP watching Wimbledon final, he could have changed his mind with that awesome race with drivers assuming lots of risks as he´s asking for, cars resisting those contacts as he´s asking for, and so many overtakes as he´s asking for.

But he missed it, so now he´ll continue blaming F1 and asking for things wich are actually happening. As most fans btw :roll:
F1 has become too sterile, too predictable and too boring. We have may seen some action and wheel to wheel racing in last 2 races, but on the other hand its really boring as a whole. Mercedes is by far the best, then there are Ferrari and Redbull, a mile behind are the midfielders which can get to a 6th position only by a miracle and 2 miles further down are the Williams duo.

DRS overtakes are still fake, and tyre managment is killing the actual action. We are still seeing drivers cruising arround the track practically the whole race, some have better pace because they can afford it, others have to drive slow to make their deltas. Hamilton got his fastest lap at the end of the race with old tyres which only prooves how ridicolus the whole sport has become and how much slower he was driving to keep his tyres alive.

Like i said, the last two races were a bit more exciting, but overall F1 is still boring and too conservative.

And no, it is not the format that is wrong, the format is the only thing making sense.
Those are different arguments to what Clarkson was saying Proteus. Do you agree with Clarkson or not?

And I disagree with those arguments too. Do you think F1 was different 30 years back? It wasn´t. I can tell you about a race where both teammates of the top team collided, were stopped in the track for maybe 1-2 minutes, one of them rejoined the race completing a whole lap with a severly damaged front wing, went into pits to change it for a new, rejoined the race again, and after all this maybe 3-4 minutes lost, he finished on the podium... after 3-4 minutes lost!!

Current Mercedes dominance is laugable compared to McLaren-Honda dominance at the end of the 80s, and that´s called the golden days of F1... I wonder what people is asking for, really :?:

People get confused with their own memories, I guess nostalgia make you remember things different to what they really were. F1 has always been a sport with some domination, or huge domination periods, when someone do his job better than the rest. Nothing new these days. But we enjoy some of the best races I´ve seen in decades, many decades

But blaming F1 is an sport by itself, and people enjoy playing to it

Andres125sx

strad wrote:
21 Jul 2019, 20:42
he could have changed his mind with that awesome race
One sparrow does not a summer make. :wink:
It´s not just one. China 2018 was also one of the best races I´ve seen in decades. And my memory sucks, probably I´m missing some more.

F1 has never been a sport were 100% of the races are fun, but if every season there are some wich is great, IMHO it´s not as bad as some of you try to show

NathanOlder

Andres125sx wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 08:04

I can tell you about a race where both teammates of the top team collided, were stopped in the track for maybe 1-2 minutes, one of them rejoined the race completing a whole lap with a severly damaged front wing, went into pits to change it for a new, rejoined the race again, and after all this maybe 3-4 minutes lost, he finished on the podium... after 3-4 minutes lost!!

Don't forget it wasn't just a podium. he won the bloody race!

after losing sooooo much time.

Also looking back at 88 and 89, The Mclaren boys were a few times 2 seconds clear of the rest in qualifying!

These days, take the last race at Silverstone as an example, only Williams were more than 2 seconds off the pace in 19th and 20th.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Andres125sx

Thanks, I couldn´t remind if he managed to pass the leader too, so I was conservative in my reply :)

Godius

Not exactly a new video but in 2003 there were some High Definition footage capturing tests going on in the paddock of the German Grand Prix. It is nice to see the cars and people from the paddock in full hd video back again, enjoy the nostalgia:

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

roon

Last edited by roon on 02 Aug 2019, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.

Ana

Awesome video! :)

Andres125sx

Clarkson and Top Gear have always been more of a show than a reliable motorsport/automotive program. From a Top Gear fan

strad

sounds to me like he agrees with me and many others. =D>
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

dtro

I have an allergic reaction almost every time I hear Clarkson speak. He's like the automotive version of Gordon Ramsey when he's on camera.

Andres125sx

strad wrote:
02 Aug 2019, 19:23
sounds to me like he agrees with me and many others. =D>
Scheckter or Clarkson?

Not the best moment to state F1 is boring and there´s no overtaking after two consecutive awesome races with tons of overtaking and loads of fun. Austria wasn´t boring either. In past season China was another awesome race. Obviously no championship offer 100% of fun races, even MotoGP has some boring races, but F1 has been pretty fun lately.

And no, spectators as a whole don´t want dangerous driving, there will be many different opinions. I want fun, not dangerous driving. Assuming fun only comes from dangerous driving looks immature in my eyes, I´ve seen a lot of fun races without any dangerous driving.

And that assumption from Clarkson saying there are many drivers willing to assume risks is true, but when a driver assume risks he´s also risking other drivers lifes or integrity. Look at Spa18, it was Hulkember who assumed too many risks trying to pass and caused a collision, but it was Alonso and Lecrerc who suffered the consequences, specially lecrerc, who without Halo could have been seriously injured by that McLaren floor and wheel posibly hitting his helmet. That´s the probem when someone assume risks, if he was assuming those risks only for himself that would be fine, but that´s no the case in racing wich is the reason dangerous driving is penalized, none should put other drivers lifes at riks because of their own ambition