2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pyrone89
4
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Pyrone89 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:26 am

ispano6 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 pm
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:47 pm
ispano6 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:39 pm


JB didn't think that of Naoki Yamamoto. Which is why it's important he has a test drive in the STR to guage his speed relative to Albon and Kvyat.
He is good, and a proven champion multiple times. But he is a bit old, and don't know if that suits with the STR politics. It would be good to see him driving a couple of years in F1 with Honda, but the reason I didn't count him was his age. If he drives on FP1 at Suzuka, and his times are competitive, he may take a seat on STR for one year
I don't think the purpose would be for too many years but he also isn't that old. It's important that the next generation has role models like Satoru Nakajima and Aguri Suzuki to pave the way and be involved in the pinnacle of motorsport. There's no reason not to think that one day you might raise a Yuzuru Hanyu of F1 but you really need the support around you. Yuki Tsunoda, for instance, has all the tools necessary so he definitely will be looked upon with great interest.
Hopefully with more grip.

At this point RB is willing to put anyone in the STR to please Honda, so I can see it happening. The STR is used as a test mule anyway for drivers, engineers and Honda developments for the senior team. They are not aimed at going for the big results, so why not make your engine partner happy while you are at it and make sure they stay committed through the next decade to your senior team even if it means placing a Japanese version of Heidfeld at STR?

ispano6
97
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by ispano6 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:10 am

Pyrone89 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:26 am
ispano6 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 pm
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:47 pm


He is good, and a proven champion multiple times. But he is a bit old, and don't know if that suits with the STR politics. It would be good to see him driving a couple of years in F1 with Honda, but the reason I didn't count him was his age. If he drives on FP1 at Suzuka, and his times are competitive, he may take a seat on STR for one year
I don't think the purpose would be for too many years but he also isn't that old. It's important that the next generation has role models like Satoru Nakajima and Aguri Suzuki to pave the way and be involved in the pinnacle of motorsport. There's no reason not to think that one day you might raise a Yuzuru Hanyu of F1 but you really need the support around you. Yuki Tsunoda, for instance, has all the tools necessary so he definitely will be looked upon with great interest.
Hopefully with more grip.

At this point RB is willing to put anyone in the STR to please Honda, so I can see it happening. The STR is used as a test mule anyway for drivers, engineers and Honda developments for the senior team. They are not aimed at going for the big results, so why not make your engine partner happy while you are at it and make sure they stay committed through the next decade to your senior team even if it means placing a Japanese version of Heidfeld at STR?
What's your beef? Can't you just stop pretending like you know everything for once?

godlameroso
333
User avatar
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Miami FL

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by godlameroso » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:26 am

Pyrone89 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:26 am
ispano6 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 pm
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:47 pm


He is good, and a proven champion multiple times. But he is a bit old, and don't know if that suits with the STR politics. It would be good to see him driving a couple of years in F1 with Honda, but the reason I didn't count him was his age. If he drives on FP1 at Suzuka, and his times are competitive, he may take a seat on STR for one year
I don't think the purpose would be for too many years but he also isn't that old. It's important that the next generation has role models like Satoru Nakajima and Aguri Suzuki to pave the way and be involved in the pinnacle of motorsport. There's no reason not to think that one day you might raise a Yuzuru Hanyu of F1 but you really need the support around you. Yuki Tsunoda, for instance, has all the tools necessary so he definitely will be looked upon with great interest.
Hopefully with more grip.

At this point RB is willing to put anyone in the STR to please Honda, so I can see it happening. The STR is used as a test mule anyway for drivers, engineers and Honda developments for the senior team. They are not aimed at going for the big results, so why not make your engine partner happy while you are at it and make sure they stay committed through the next decade to your senior team even if it means placing a Japanese version of Heidfeld at STR?
I rate him higher than Button TBH, probably would do well in a formula E environment. I think that championship is more indicative of actual driver performance than a lot of other series.
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

Pyrone89
4
User avatar
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Pyrone89 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:01 am

godlameroso wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:26 am
Pyrone89 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:26 am
ispano6 wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:59 pm


I don't think the purpose would be for too many years but he also isn't that old. It's important that the next generation has role models like Satoru Nakajima and Aguri Suzuki to pave the way and be involved in the pinnacle of motorsport. There's no reason not to think that one day you might raise a Yuzuru Hanyu of F1 but you really need the support around you. Yuki Tsunoda, for instance, has all the tools necessary so he definitely will be looked upon with great interest.
Hopefully with more grip.

At this point RB is willing to put anyone in the STR to please Honda, so I can see it happening. The STR is used as a test mule anyway for drivers, engineers and Honda developments for the senior team. They are not aimed at going for the big results, so why not make your engine partner happy while you are at it and make sure they stay committed through the next decade to your senior team even if it means placing a Japanese version of Heidfeld at STR?
I rate him higher than Button TBH, probably would do well in a formula E environment. I think that championship is more indicative of actual driver performance than a lot of other series.
Button is a F1 world champion who beat Lewis Hamilton. So not sure if serious or if you mean current form (semi-retired Button)

restless
15
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 8:12 am

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by restless » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 am

foxmulder_ms wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:16 am
Daniil Kvyat deserves the seat more but RedBull cannot dare to risk their "wonder child" to be beaten :D
No, Max came in pushing Kvyat away (completely undeserved imo)
No doubt there may be some bad blood between them and last thing RB needs mid-season is handling personal problems.
Albon is "safe bet", would be hard to be worse than Gasly

Espresso
36
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:03 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Espresso » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:10 am

restless wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 am
foxmulder_ms wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:16 am
Daniil Kvyat deserves the seat more but RedBull cannot dare to risk their "wonder child" to be beaten :D
No, Max came in pushing Kvyat away (completely undeserved imo)
No doubt there may be some bad blood between them and last thing RB needs mid-season is handling personal problems.
Albon is "safe bet", would be hard to be worse than Gasly
From the Honda thread:
It's more a calculated risk for points and a chance to evaluate the 'last unknown factor' Albon.
They give Albon a chance at Red Bull Racing. That way they can evaluate Albon, Gasly & Kvyat for 2020.
Wouter wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:35 pm
Post by dren » 12 Aug 2019, 13:12
I think Kvyat still has a shot at the seat for 2020. He just has to put his head down and have a good end to the year.
From the RBR site. Albon replaces Gasly in Spa.

Alexander Albon is being promoted to the Team to drive alongside Max, while Pierre will return to the Red Bull sister team, Scuderia Toro Rosso.

Red Bull are in the unique position of having four talented Formula One drivers under contract who can be rotated between the Team and Toro Rosso. The Team will use the next nine races to evaluate Alex’s performance in order to make an informed decision as to who will drive alongside Max in 2020.

Everyone at the Team looks forward to welcoming Alex and supporting him during the next phase of his F1 career.
https://redbullracing.redbull.com/asset ... C%2A%3A600
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Capharol
21
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Capharol » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:31 am

Big Tea wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:07 pm
There is a year old article here

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/news/ ... r/3183894/

that says Honda want Nirei Fukuzumi or/and Tadasuke Makino as their poster boys.

Does not look like either will have points though as the will start dropping points through being out of time soon.

Anyone know of a place we can see who has how many points that is kept up to date?
Image

Image

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
this is what i found on Reddit, but it seems not to be the actual one, but its a list that contains 460 drivers
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

Big Tea
57
User avatar
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Big Tea » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:33 am

Capharol wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:31 am
Big Tea wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:07 pm
There is a year old article here

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/news/ ... r/3183894/

that says Honda want Nirei Fukuzumi or/and Tadasuke Makino as their poster boys.

Does not look like either will have points though as the will start dropping points through being out of time soon.

Anyone know of a place we can see who has how many points that is kept up to date?
https://i.imgur.com/ymgAVlR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/N5oItIz.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
this is what i found on Reddit, but it seems not to be the actual one, but its a list that contains 460 drivers
Thanks. Its good, but it would be nicer if it was up to date, but then it will change again at the end of the season.
I suppose FIA have to keep records somewhere but nothing coming up with google
One test is worth a thousand expert opinions

Capharol
21
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Capharol » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:59 am

Big Tea wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:33 am
Capharol wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:31 am
Big Tea wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:07 pm
There is a year old article here

https://www.motorsport.com/fia-f2/news/ ... r/3183894/

that says Honda want Nirei Fukuzumi or/and Tadasuke Makino as their poster boys.

Does not look like either will have points though as the will start dropping points through being out of time soon.

Anyone know of a place we can see who has how many points that is kept up to date?
https://i.imgur.com/ymgAVlR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/N5oItIz.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
this is what i found on Reddit, but it seems not to be the actual one, but its a list that contains 460 drivers
Thanks. Its good, but it would be nicer if it was up to date, but then it will change again at the end of the season.
I suppose FIA have to keep records somewhere but nothing coming up with google
yeah i searched google and at the FIA-site but couldn't find anything.....
if it wasn't so difficult to keep up with everything i would keep the list up-to-date ... but think of what you have to do to keep it up-to-date (every serie, every racer, new racers) and for that i have no time
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.

epo
2
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by epo » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:37 pm

restless wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 am
foxmulder_ms wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:16 am
Daniil Kvyat deserves the seat more but RedBull cannot dare to risk their "wonder child" to be beaten :D
No, Max came in pushing Kvyat away (completely undeserved imo)
No doubt there may be some bad blood between them and last thing RB needs mid-season is handling personal problems.
Albon is "safe bet", would be hard to be worse than Gasly
You know, this personal vendetta people have against Verstappen is getting seriously boring. Can you guys just keep it to yourself unless you have valid arguments?

Big Tea
57
User avatar
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Big Tea » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:39 pm

Capharol wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:59 am
Big Tea wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:33 am
Capharol wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:31 am

https://i.imgur.com/ymgAVlR.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/N5oItIz.jpg

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
this is what i found on Reddit, but it seems not to be the actual one, but its a list that contains 460 drivers
Thanks. Its good, but it would be nicer if it was up to date, but then it will change again at the end of the season.
I suppose FIA have to keep records somewhere but nothing coming up with google
yeah i searched google and at the FIA-site but couldn't find anything.....
if it wasn't so difficult to keep up with everything i would keep the list up-to-date ... but think of what you have to do to keep it up-to-date (every serie, every racer, new racers) and for that i have no time
I think you would have little chance with all the 'national' series etc. Still, FIA must have records.


Edit

https://www.driverdb.com/fia-super-licence-eligibility/



There is also a ranking
https://www.driverdb.com/driver-ranking/

which could probably warrant a thread of its own :twisted:
One test is worth a thousand expert opinions

restless
15
Joined: Tue May 10, 2016 8:12 am

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by restless » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:03 pm

epo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:37 pm
restless wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 am
No, Max came in pushing Kvyat away (completely undeserved imo)
No doubt there may be some bad blood between them and last thing RB needs mid-season is handling personal problems.
Albon is "safe bet", would be hard to be worse than Gasly
You know, this personal vendetta people have against Verstappen is getting seriously boring. Can you guys just keep it to yourself unless you have valid arguments?
So, you think that Kvyat felt great and justly served when RB booted him after just 5 starts and him delivering podium finish? After he beat Riccardo on-track previous year?
Can you please, keep your personal vendetta vs Kvyat to yourself unless you have valid arguments?
I simply stated why IMO, a mid-year swap is better executed with Albon instead of DK.
Everything else is in your head

digitalrurouni
20
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:50 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by digitalrurouni » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:59 pm

restless wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:03 pm
epo wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:37 pm
restless wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:37 am
No, Max came in pushing Kvyat away (completely undeserved imo)
No doubt there may be some bad blood between them and last thing RB needs mid-season is handling personal problems.
Albon is "safe bet", would be hard to be worse than Gasly
You know, this personal vendetta people have against Verstappen is getting seriously boring. Can you guys just keep it to yourself unless you have valid arguments?
So, you think that Kvyat felt great and justly served when RB booted him after just 5 starts and him delivering podium finish? After he beat Riccardo on-track previous year?
Can you please, keep your personal vendetta vs Kvyat to yourself unless you have valid arguments?
I simply stated why IMO, a mid-year swap is better executed with Albon instead of DK.
Everything else is in your head
Kvyat was mistreated for sure. But I highly doubt it was Verstappen pushing for it and whispering it in Marko's ears. Jos might have been but Max probably just went along with it. Point is I would not lay the blame at Verstappen's feet for what happened to Kvyat. And given how F1 is a ruthless sport it definitely seems like Max was able to deliver better than Kvyat. That said I still think Kvyat needed to be given a bit more time. IIRC it seemed like at that time he kept crashing into Vettel and other drivers no?

loner
26
User avatar
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:34 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by loner » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:02 pm

another good battles to watch
Sainz 58 pts
Albon 16 pts

Ferrari vs Albon
Bottas vs Albon
lets see how much pressure could this kid handle =D>
para bellum.

Wouter
135
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Post by Wouter » Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:55 pm

loner wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:02 pm
another good battles to watch
Sainz 58 pts
Albon 16 pts

Ferrari vs Albon
Bottas vs Albon
lets see how much pressure could this kid handle =D>
"This kid" can handle a lot of pressure. Watch his onboard from German GP and you will know.