2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79
194
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by dans79 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:47 pm

hemichromis wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:37 pm
I'd prefer the latter, I have always hated seeing Verstappen, Vettel and others bumping other cars off the track denying us the spectacle of a fair battle.
Don't you mean the prior?

etusch
84
User avatar
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by etusch » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:52 pm


izzy
14
User avatar
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by izzy » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:38 pm

dtro wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:23 pm
I'm just unsure of their ability to actually win a WCC with their current lineup. I wouldn't want to see Bottas at Ferrari frankly, as I doubt he could handle the responsibility/is a tad inconsistent. In fact out of the remaining top three I only see Hamilton or Verstappen actually being able to deal. Neither Williams, Haas, TR, Alfa, RP has a suitable replacement for Vettel. Arguably one of the Renault boys or McLaren boys could bring it, but that will probably have to wait.

I want to see the Red stable succeed, don't get me wrong. I'm just hyper critical haha.
Okay I will keep Valtteri for my Mercedes :D He has the best temperament for it i think. Good wingmen are as hard to find as the alphas i reckon, they all get into F1 because they hate losing so then it must be torture for them.

hemichromis
21
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:00 pm

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by hemichromis » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:06 pm

dans79 wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:47 pm
hemichromis wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:37 pm
I'd prefer the latter, I have always hated seeing Verstappen, Vettel and others bumping other cars off the track denying us the spectacle of a fair battle.
Don't you mean the prior?
No i prefer it without forcing cars off track.

I can enjoy either but consistency is important.

Kaneda
0
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by Kaneda » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 am

Lewis "If it wasn’t for the championship we’d have crashed."

My Suzuka F1 video: The epic Esses
https://youtu.be/OpE4481PAmM

cooken
2
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:57 am

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by cooken » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:56 am

Unfortunately, it seems like that sort of thing or maybe multiples thereof will be required for folks to wake up.

Ohhhh yeeeaaa that's why we made those rules. Derp.

3jawchuck
32
User avatar
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:57 am

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by 3jawchuck » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:45 am

Kaneda wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 am
https://youtu.be/AzQAgXS63Uk
What the hell was Sato doing? There was no room when he started to pull alongside. At least Hamilton was alongside before being squeezed.

dtro
2
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by dtro » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:22 am

izzy wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:38 pm
dtro wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:23 pm
I'm just unsure of their ability to actually win a WCC with their current lineup. I wouldn't want to see Bottas at Ferrari frankly, as I doubt he could handle the responsibility/is a tad inconsistent. In fact out of the remaining top three I only see Hamilton or Verstappen actually being able to deal. Neither Williams, Haas, TR, Alfa, RP has a suitable replacement for Vettel. Arguably one of the Renault boys or McLaren boys could bring it, but that will probably have to wait.

I want to see the Red stable succeed, don't get me wrong. I'm just hyper critical haha.
Okay I will keep Valtteri for my Mercedes :D He has the best temperament for it i think. Good wingmen are as hard to find as the alphas i reckon, they all get into F1 because they hate losing so then it must be torture for them.
8) Bottas beating Hamilton on honest terms would make me a happy man in re: this season- hell, ever. His result this race brought hope, or maybe it was Hamilton's flight down the escape chicanes at the first turn.

GPR -A
85
User avatar
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:08 pm

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by GPR -A » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am

3jawchuck wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:45 am
Kaneda wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 am
https://youtu.be/AzQAgXS63Uk
What the hell was Sato doing? There was no room when he started to pull alongside. At least Hamilton was alongside before being squeezed.
There was more than enough room for 2 cars when Sato was alongside Kimi.

https://i.screenshot.net/9w61kh5

This is the point of contact. You can see how much Kimi had moved over to his left and squeezed Sato there.

https://i.screenshot.net/24nj0im

3jawchuck
32
User avatar
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:57 am

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by 3jawchuck » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 am

GPR -A wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am
3jawchuck wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:45 am
Kaneda wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:50 am
https://youtu.be/AzQAgXS63Uk
What the hell was Sato doing? There was no room when he started to pull alongside. At least Hamilton was alongside before being squeezed.
There was more than enough room for 2 cars when Sato was alongside Kimi.

https://i.screenshot.net/9w61kh5

This is the point of contact. You can see how much Kimi had moved over to his left and squeezed Sato there.

https://i.screenshot.net/24nj0im
Doesn't the onboard disagree with that perspective? The gap is pretty much gone by the time Sato tries to get along side.

Morteza
1813
User avatar
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by Morteza » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:52 pm

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

bosyber
28
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:41 pm

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by bosyber » Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:01 pm

Great article, came here to see whether it was already posted. Recommended reading I would say.

falonso81
2
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by falonso81 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:20 pm

3jawchuck wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:28 am
GPR -A wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:53 am
3jawchuck wrote:
Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:45 am


What the hell was Sato doing? There was no room when he started to pull alongside. At least Hamilton was alongside before being squeezed.
There was more than enough room for 2 cars when Sato was alongside Kimi.

https://i.screenshot.net/9w61kh5

This is the point of contact. You can see how much Kimi had moved over to his left and squeezed Sato there.

https://i.screenshot.net/24nj0im
Doesn't the onboard disagree with that perspective? The gap is pretty much gone by the time Sato tries to get along side.
Actually you can see that Kimi did move to the outside to take the corner at the exact time that Sato went over the grass and spun into Kimi. The gap was there and Sato tried to out-drag Kimi with out much success.

z.topoln
1
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:54 pm

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by z.topoln » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:54 pm

I dont know why everyone has their panties in a twist. Stewards sent a clear message go leclerc in Austria. Dont be mad at him, be mad at stewards.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk


yelistener
15
User avatar
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:55 am

Re: 2019 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 06 - 08

Post by yelistener » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:11 am


"To gain time at Monza, the gap to a car in front that drivers are looking for is between three and five seconds in order to get the maximum benefit for a tow. That differs from most circuits where you want to be five to seven seconds behind a car, or in places like Monaco and Singapore where you want to be seven to ten."


Isn't that pretty much no tow at all? 7-10 seconds, well, in Monaco you need only just 7 seconds to go through the entire main straight.

At 7-10s distance the tow would have next-to-zero effect. Tow is supposed to work at best in high speeds & long straights (cars in front disturbing more air & cars in the back having more air resistance to be shaked off). Cars only reach 295km/h at Monaco. And Hungary is basically "one (short) straight + a lot of corners", so a tow in Hungary will benefit you a tiny bit but will hurt you a ton more. No one wants that.

I think the article kinda failed to address that at some circuits they don't want a tow at all. They need a 7-10s distance simply because they don't want the dirty air.