2020 pecking order prediction

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
bauc

Re: 2020 pecking order prediction

I think Bottas will end up behind both Ferrari and both RBR-H drivers which might make Hamilton championship charge even more challenging

1. Hamilton
2. Verstappen
3. LeClerc
4. Vettel
5. Albon
6. Bottas
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

63l8qrrfy6

1. Mercedes win again. F1 fans are in agony. Daimler shares continue to plummet. Ham WDC, Bot close second. Who could have thought a fin can actually drive..
Pretty clean sweep save for a few embarassing reliability DNFs.

2. RBR Honda have an impressive season. Fast car, outstanding Honda reliability. Max bags several wins but keeps crashing into backmarkers. Albon is OK.

3. Ferrari finally manage to balance the car. It's now slow in the corners as well as on the straights. Leclerc turns into a giant crybaby over the winter. Everybody loves Vettel again.

4. Williams. Still dead last. Not only they don't get enough airtime, the cars are so bad they are actively censored.
Claire launches a clothing brand. No one cares.

5. Mclaren bring an orange car again.

6. Stroll Racing produce a fast car. Nothing they can do about Lance though.

7. Danny Ric gets a pay cut for poor performance in 2019. Renault quit F1, claim most powerful engine.

Mclarensenna

1. REDBULL want Max to become the youngest champion ever and will concentrate almost all of their focus in the 2020 season even in season development to the very last race. I think they do not care if they start off 2021 slow at all and willing to make this sacrifice. Plus with the improved honda engine this should give Redbull the overall slight edge in 2020 over Mercedes especially the latter half of the season.

2. Mercedes not far behind.

3. Ferrari not far behind again. The gap will be close between the top 3 teams depending on tracks.

4. Mclaren with the first James key car should make a decent step and close the gap. Still behind the big 3 but closer than previous years

5. Renault

6. Racing Point/Alpha Taurin

9. Haas

10. Williams.

Just a wild guess. Let's see how the season pans out

Turtoise_Racing

I think:
Constructors:
Mercedes - not the fastest anymore, but still perfect teamwork
Red Bull - close fighting with merc, but ultimately less reliable

Ferrari - despite good car clear third, due to rivalry between Charles and Seb preventing them to take all points possible; also again hindered by classic ferrari team errors

McLaren - much better than last year, but not quite on top 3 level yet

Renault
Racing Point
AlphaTauri
- all three similar in pace, the drivers make the difference

Alfa Romeo
Haas - KMag drivers better than his car, but Grosjean wastes his opportunites, I also doubt the team solved its dev issues

Williams.

Drivers:
Hamilton
Verstappen
Leclerc
Albon
Bottas
Vettel
Sainz
Norris
Ricciardo
Perez
Ocon
Gasly
Kvyat
Stroll
Magnussen
Räikkönen
Giovinazzi
Grosjean
Russell
Latifi

Wass85

You would have to be a brave man to not choose Mercedes, they will be the quickest package for most of the season again.

godlameroso

If Mercedes can do a 1:14.8 or lower they'll probably win everything again. If they can't break into the 14's then its game on. Both Ferrari and Red Bull will be capable of doing low 15's. Bottas managed 15.4 in qualifying, 15.1 and the deficit will be less than .2 which means factors other than the car will play a role with victory.
Saishū kōnā

FrukostScones

from looking at the cars and selfhypnosis I can conlude so far:

Red Bull
McLaren
Ferrari
Mercedes
Sauber
ToroRosso

#gamechanger
#suckitup
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Mudflap wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 01:33
3. Ferrari finally manage to balance the car. It's now slow in the corners as well as on the straights. Leclerc turns into a giant crybaby over the winter. Everybody loves Vettel again.
:lol: =D>

Jolle

I don’t expect any changes at the top, as the cars are more or less B specs from last years and the drivers are still the same. Mercedes with both drivers on top, Verstappen beating both even more squabbling Ferrari drivers again and Albon putting in some nice performances.

McLaren fourth but both drivers in constant battle with Perez. Racing point behind McLaren due to Stroll.

Then a nice battle between the other teams minus Williams who have another dreadful year with focus 100% on 2021 (like they did in 2013).

PlatinumZealot

Honda is going to be the dark horse. There is a not too quiet confidence being emitted from the RedBull camps. If they manage even a 30 horspower gain over the winter RedBull will challenge at every track.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

izzy

PlatinumZealot wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 18:08
Honda is going to be the dark horse. There is a not too quiet confidence being emitted from the RedBull camps. If they manage even a 30 horspower gain over the winter RedBull will challenge at every track.
yes Red Bull will be up there won't they. I think a lot depends how successful Ferrari and HPP have been at finding more goodness from last year's models. Honda have had to catch up to doing 7-8 races per engine haven't they, so i kind of feel their level might be the 2019 level of those two, and those two running-super-hot and whatever, nano-particle coolant, HPP making better electric motors they've learned to do in FE, AM parts, could be the difference but it might not be very much

i don't think the cars' pace will be the main factor anyway, it'll be more likely reliability and the driving, and race teams getting it right

Pyrone89

My list (.. means a bigger gap than just 1 step in competitiveness / means equal)

Drivers
Verstappen/Hamilton, Hamilton WDC yet again due to yet again a dominant car
Leclerc
Sainz/Riccardo
Russell/Lando/Bottas/Vettel
The rest

Teams
Mercedes (together with Ferrari best funded teams by far, but Mercedes has better staff. Simple economics and history dictate Mercedes will be the best car again resulting in yet another set of unchallenged titles)
Ferrari / Red Bull (just below resources compared to Mercedes and Ferrari, but superb staff)
McLaren / Alpha Tauri
Racing Point / Renault
Haas / Alfa Romeo
Williams
Last edited by Pyrone89 on 16 Feb 2020, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Bill

Mercedes domination has been exasperated by an underpowered Renault pu leaving only Ferrari as the only credible competitor to Mercedes .Ferrari has problems of shooting themselves in the foot. These year Mercedes will meet a highly motivated Rbr in full force with a powerful pu perhaps better than than what they have on offer.Max has reached maturity as a driver.the last four races in terms of speed has been Rbr merc Rbr merc, these maybe an indication of what to come

Zynerji

Jolle wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 17:01
I don’t expect any changes at the top, as the cars are more or less B specs from last years and the drivers are still the same. Mercedes with both drivers on top, Verstappen beating both even more squabbling Ferrari drivers again and Albon putting in some nice performances.

McLaren fourth but both drivers in constant battle with Perez. Racing point behind McLaren due to Stroll.

Then a nice battle between the other teams minus Williams who have another dreadful year with focus 100% on 2021 (like they did in 2013).
I believe Stroll has the same amount of podiums as the McLaren team since he joined F1...

Crazy talk about that guy on here sometimes...🙄🙄

GPR-A

Bill wrote:
15 Feb 2020, 20:02
Mercedes domination has been exasperated by an underpowered Renault pu leaving only Ferrari as the only credible competitor to Mercedes .Ferrari has problems of shooting themselves in the foot. These year Mercedes will meet a highly motivated Rbr in full force with a powerful pu perhaps better than than what they have on offer.Max has reached maturity as a driver.the last four races in terms of speed has been Rbr merc Rbr merc, these maybe an indication of what to come
What should be the verdict if "Highly motivated Rbr in full force with a powerful PU and a Maturity reached Max" can't beat Mercedes this year?
I would like to keep a record of your statement for the year end analysis.