[ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
User avatar
AMG.Tzan
33
Joined: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:35 am
Location: Greece

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

A bit off topic question here regarding the name SF1000!

Ferrari has raced in every year in Formula 1 since 1950! Why wasn't Formula 1's 1000th race also Ferrari's 1000th race??

That means they didn't participate in about 20-30 races...but which races??
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Zynerji
Zynerji
75
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:51 pm
NathanOlder wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:49 pm
Maybe the law changed ?
Yes, maybe the legislation changed from only banning direct tobacco advertisement, to also ban indirect tobacco advertisement??
This is the real complaint.

Next it will be any red and white car, and any part of the car that looks like a Camel hump...🙄🙄🙄

Idiocy.

What if Philip Morris bought Pirelli? Would that immediately terminate their supplier contract?

LM10
LM10
94
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:59 am
If Ferrari let the drivers fight, Max or Lewis will be champion. Seb and Charles will cost each other points. I see a 2007-style title fight with Max/Lewis in the Kimi role.
Well, I also think you need to choose a number one driver, but I doubt that's a good idea when you have two drivers like Seb and Charles. Even last year you had people complaining when Ferrari gave Vettel priority in certain situations.
I'm sure there will be many complaining again - this time because Ferrari let's them fight. So whatever they do, it's not gonna be the 100% right thing to do.

At Mercedes it's easy. Tell the world you let the drivers fight, let them actually fight (beginning of the season), but you know one of your drivers is so much better than the other one and the problem will solve itself. Same goes for RedBull.

Raleigh
Raleigh
67
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:36 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

AMG.Tzan wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:50 am
A bit off topic question here regarding the name SF1000!

Ferrari has raced in every year in Formula 1 since 1950! Why wasn't Formula 1's 1000th race also Ferrari's 1000th race??

That means they didn't participate in about 20-30 races...but which races??
Indy 500 probably. Used to count as an F1 race but the European teams mostly ignored the race. Might be a few other individual races Ferrari missed.

CriXus
CriXus
104
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:09 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Will there be a shakedown/filming day before Barcelona test?
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” - George Bernard Shaw

wowgr8
wowgr8
2
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

CriXus wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:23 am
Will there be a shakedown/filming day before Barcelona test?
The day before the first test if I'm not mistaken

User avatar
jumpingfish
35
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 pm
Location: Ru

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Ferrari will not bring 2 versions of SF1000 to Barcelona because this is not efficient

https://www.planetf1.com/news/two-car-test-ferrari/

wowgr8
wowgr8
2
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

jumpingfish wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:44 pm
Ferrari will not bring 2 versions of SF1000 to Barcelona because this is not efficient

https://www.planetf1.com/news/two-car-test-ferrari/
That article says Mercedes will not bring a second car to the test not Ferrari. And his reasoning is that there's only 5 days between the 2 tests, the 2nd car will have been in development for months and months not 5 days

User avatar
jumpingfish
35
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 pm
Location: Ru

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

wowgr8 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:25 am
jumpingfish wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:44 pm
Ferrari will not bring 2 versions of SF1000 to Barcelona because this is not efficient

https://www.planetf1.com/news/two-car-test-ferrari/
That article says Mercedes will not bring a second car to the test not Ferrari. And his reasoning is that there's only 5 days between the 2 tests, the 2nd car will have been in development for months and months not 5 days
Well, he is formerly responsible, so maybe I was imprudent to post here link on that article :? But if it's not efficient why ferrari anyway would bring two cars to test? isn't it better to test during all 6 days well developed car or adding 5 days to development in Maranello gives a bit more advantage? about testing mule we know from rumours or someone from ferrari said that? Quite interesting

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
591
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Raleigh wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:45 am
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:50 am
A bit off topic question here regarding the name SF1000!

Ferrari has raced in every year in Formula 1 since 1950! Why wasn't Formula 1's 1000th race also Ferrari's 1000th race??

That means they didn't participate in about 20-30 races...but which races??
Indy 500 probably. Used to count as an F1 race but the European teams mostly ignored the race. Might be a few other individual races Ferrari missed.
Found online (I haven't checked the details, just copied from elsewhere):
The 25 races in which Ferrari did not compete at all were:

Ten of the 11 Indy 500 races that counted towards the F1 championship between 1950-1960. It was common for European F1 teams not to enter the Indy 500 during its time on the F1 calendar, due to the significant distance involved. Ferrari did enter Alberto Ascari in 1952, but he span off after 40 laps.
The 1950 British GP, the first-ever F1 championship race. Ferrari elected not to take part for reasons unknown.
The 1959 British GP: a strike in Italy prevented Ferrari from attending.
The 1960 and 1961 US GPs. In both years, this was the final race of the season. The team did not enter in 1960 as they could not win the title, and Enzo Ferrari wanted more time to prepare for 1961, when the engine formula would change to 1.5 litres. They did not enter in 1961 as they had already won both titles at the previous race in Monza, but that race had also seen the horrific death of Ferrari driver Wolfgang von Trips along with 15 spectators.
The 1962 French GP: a metalworkers' strike in Italy prevented Ferrari from attending.
The 1962 US and South African GPs. Ferrari had a poor season in 1962, finishing just 6th in the championship (out of 8) with no race wins, despite having dominated the previous season. They decided not to bother showing up for the final two races.
The 1966 British GP: another metalworkers' strike in Italy prevented Ferrari from attending.
The 1966 Mexican GP: I haven't yet found a source explaining why they didn't attend this one, but it was the final race of the season and both championships had already been won by Jack Brabham and his eponymous team. My assumption is that they were either focusing on next season, like they'd done in 1960, or sulking like they'd done in '62.
The 1967 South African GP: I haven't found a source for this one either, but the race took place unusually early in the year: January 2nd. The next race, at Monaco, was four months later. It's possible Ferrari were still busy upgrading the 312.
The 1968 Monaco GP. When the '67 Monaco GP eventually did arrive (see above), Ferrari driver Lorenzo Bandini was killed in a fiery crash. Safety improvements were made to the track for '68, but Ferrari felt they were inadequate and refused to attend.
The 1969 German GP: Enzo Ferrari spent 1969 investing in rebuilding and restructuring the team, who had been struggling for the previous few years and were still using the 312 from 1966. As a result, Ferrari's F1 efforts were limited that year; they only entered one car into most races and, at the German GP, they entered none.
The 1973 Dutch and German GPs: Ferrari were using the ageing 312B that season, which was slow and unreliable; there were multiple other races that year in which they only entered one car. Several other teams also refused to enter the German GP after the horrific death of Roger Williamson at the preceding Dutch GP.
The 1976 Austrian GP. The FIA had initially disqualified James Hunt's McLaren from that year's Spanish GP, but later overturned the decision and allowed Hunt to keep his race win. Hunt's title rival that year was Ferrari's Niki Lauda, who had just suffered his infamous fiery crash at the preceding German GP. Ferrari thus refused to enter the Austrian GP - Lauda's home race - to protest Hunt's reinstatement.
The three races that they entered, but did not start, were:

The 1950 French GP: Ferrari withdrew their two drivers prior to qualifying, for reasons unknown. (Peter Whitehead, a privateer, competed and finished third in a Ferrari 125, but this does not count as a Scuderia Ferrari entry.)
The 1982 Belgian GP: Ferrari driver Gilles Villeneuve was killed during qualifying, and Ferrari immediately withdrew from the race.
The 1982 Swiss GP: With Ferrari's other driver, Didier Pironi, having suffered a career-ending crash two races earlier, Villeneuve's replacement Patrick Tambay was their only entrant, and he was unable to start after suffering a pinched nerve in his back.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

wowgr8
wowgr8
2
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2020 7:35 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

jumpingfish wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:27 am
wowgr8 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:25 am
jumpingfish wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:44 pm
Ferrari will not bring 2 versions of SF1000 to Barcelona because this is not efficient

https://www.planetf1.com/news/two-car-test-ferrari/
That article says Mercedes will not bring a second car to the test not Ferrari. And his reasoning is that there's only 5 days between the 2 tests, the 2nd car will have been in development for months and months not 5 days
Well, he is formerly responsible, so maybe I was imprudent to post here link on that article :? But if it's not efficient why ferrari anyway would bring two cars to test? isn't it better to test during all 6 days well developed car or adding 5 days to development in Maranello gives a bit more advantage? about testing mule we know from rumours or someone from ferrari said that? Quite interesting

It will be tough to test it properly with only 3 days but they had to bring a 2nd car so they could push development as far as possible. And it's only rumours right now, strong rumours nobody at Ferrari has confirmed anything

User avatar
MtthsMlw
786
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

wowgr8 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:39 am
jumpingfish wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:27 am
wowgr8 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:25 am


That article says Mercedes will not bring a second car to the test not Ferrari. And his reasoning is that there's only 5 days between the 2 tests, the 2nd car will have been in development for months and months not 5 days
Well, he is formerly responsible, so maybe I was imprudent to post here link on that article :? But if it's not efficient why ferrari anyway would bring two cars to test? isn't it better to test during all 6 days well developed car or adding 5 days to development in Maranello gives a bit more advantage? about testing mule we know from rumours or someone from ferrari said that? Quite interesting

It will be tough to test it properly with only 3 days but they had to bring a 2nd car so they could push development as far as possible. And it's only rumours right now, strong rumours nobody at Ferrari has confirmed anything
According to Sky Sports we'll see a new FW during the first part of the season.

JPBD1990
JPBD1990
34
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:19 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

MtthsMlw wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:52 am
wowgr8 wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:39 am
jumpingfish wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:27 am

Well, he is formerly responsible, so maybe I was imprudent to post here link on that article :? But if it's not efficient why ferrari anyway would bring two cars to test? isn't it better to test during all 6 days well developed car or adding 5 days to development in Maranello gives a bit more advantage? about testing mule we know from rumours or someone from ferrari said that? Quite interesting

It will be tough to test it properly with only 3 days but they had to bring a 2nd car so they could push development as far as possible. And it's only rumours right now, strong rumours nobody at Ferrari has confirmed anything
According to Sky Sports we'll see a new FW during the first part of the season.
Sky Sports wouldn’t know the truth if it punched them in the nuts

Sevach
Sevach
855
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:34 am
Raleigh wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:45 am
AMG.Tzan wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:50 am
A bit off topic question here regarding the name SF1000!

Ferrari has raced in every year in Formula 1 since 1950! Why wasn't Formula 1's 1000th race also Ferrari's 1000th race??

That means they didn't participate in about 20-30 races...but which races??
Indy 500 probably. Used to count as an F1 race but the European teams mostly ignored the race. Might be a few other individual races Ferrari missed.
Found online (I haven't checked the details, just copied from elsewhere):
The 25 races in which Ferrari did not compete at all were:

Ten of the 11 Indy 500 races that counted towards the F1 championship between 1950-1960. It was common for European F1 teams not to enter the Indy 500 during its time on the F1 calendar, due to the significant distance involved. Ferrari did enter Alberto Ascari in 1952, but he span off after 40 laps.
The 1950 British GP, the first-ever F1 championship race. Ferrari elected not to take part for reasons unknown.
The 1959 British GP: a strike in Italy prevented Ferrari from attending.
The 1960 and 1961 US GPs. In both years, this was the final race of the season. The team did not enter in 1960 as they could not win the title, and Enzo Ferrari wanted more time to prepare for 1961, when the engine formula would change to 1.5 litres. They did not enter in 1961 as they had already won both titles at the previous race in Monza, but that race had also seen the horrific death of Ferrari driver Wolfgang von Trips along with 15 spectators.
The 1962 French GP: a metalworkers' strike in Italy prevented Ferrari from attending.
The 1962 US and South African GPs. Ferrari had a poor season in 1962, finishing just 6th in the championship (out of 8) with no race wins, despite having dominated the previous season. They decided not to bother showing up for the final two races.
The 1966 British GP: another metalworkers' strike in Italy prevented Ferrari from attending.
The 1966 Mexican GP: I haven't yet found a source explaining why they didn't attend this one, but it was the final race of the season and both championships had already been won by Jack Brabham and his eponymous team. My assumption is that they were either focusing on next season, like they'd done in 1960, or sulking like they'd done in '62.
The 1967 South African GP: I haven't found a source for this one either, but the race took place unusually early in the year: January 2nd. The next race, at Monaco, was four months later. It's possible Ferrari were still busy upgrading the 312.
The 1968 Monaco GP. When the '67 Monaco GP eventually did arrive (see above), Ferrari driver Lorenzo Bandini was killed in a fiery crash. Safety improvements were made to the track for '68, but Ferrari felt they were inadequate and refused to attend.
The 1969 German GP: Enzo Ferrari spent 1969 investing in rebuilding and restructuring the team, who had been struggling for the previous few years and were still using the 312 from 1966. As a result, Ferrari's F1 efforts were limited that year; they only entered one car into most races and, at the German GP, they entered none.
The 1973 Dutch and German GPs: Ferrari were using the ageing 312B that season, which was slow and unreliable; there were multiple other races that year in which they only entered one car. Several other teams also refused to enter the German GP after the horrific death of Roger Williamson at the preceding Dutch GP.
The 1976 Austrian GP. The FIA had initially disqualified James Hunt's McLaren from that year's Spanish GP, but later overturned the decision and allowed Hunt to keep his race win. Hunt's title rival that year was Ferrari's Niki Lauda, who had just suffered his infamous fiery crash at the preceding German GP. Ferrari thus refused to enter the Austrian GP - Lauda's home race - to protest Hunt's reinstatement.
The three races that they entered, but did not start, were:

The 1950 French GP: Ferrari withdrew their two drivers prior to qualifying, for reasons unknown. (Peter Whitehead, a privateer, competed and finished third in a Ferrari 125, but this does not count as a Scuderia Ferrari entry.)
The 1982 Belgian GP: Ferrari driver Gilles Villeneuve was killed during qualifying, and Ferrari immediately withdrew from the race.
The 1982 Swiss GP: With Ferrari's other driver, Didier Pironi, having suffered a career-ending crash two races earlier, Villeneuve's replacement Patrick Tambay was their only entrant, and he was unable to start after suffering a pinched nerve in his back.
Thanks for the history lesson man.

f1316
f1316
128
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Scuderia Ferrari - Ferrari

Post

wowgr8 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:06 pm
CriXus wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:23 am
Will there be a shakedown/filming day before Barcelona test?
The day before the first test if I'm not mistaken
So we’re expecting to see them hit the track tomorrow then? Any confirmed sources for this?