Alfa Romeo C39

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
astracrazy
astracrazy
56
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:04 pm

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

Those sidepods look small, the livery is hiding it.

KingLoe
KingLoe
0
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

I tink they can, of you look closely you see the alfa Romeo lettering underneath the snakeskin

JRodrigues
JRodrigues
6
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post


cramr
cramr
8
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:51 am

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

kalinka wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:31 pm
It almost look like that they can just peel off that snake-skin and have the normal livery under :o
It's probably just a vinyl on top of the painted car

aral
aral
Moderator
Joined: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:49 pm

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

How clever to incorporate the Alfa shield shape into the nose inlet !

sebastian.vidu
sebastian.vidu
0
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:37 pm

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

aral wrote:How clever to incorporate the Alfa shield shape into the nose inlet !
It's called Scudetto Image

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk


User avatar
ScrewCaptain27
559
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:13 am
Location: Udine, Italy

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

It also has POU.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

f1316
f1316
130
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

The sidepods remind me of the red bull.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim
11
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

This "snake skin" livery isn't the new look, is it?

I assume this is an introduction thing and we'll see the real livery in testing?

nokivasara
nokivasara
16
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:34 pm
It also has POU.
What's that?

lio007
lio007
318
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Austria

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

nokivasara wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:55 pm
ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:34 pm
It also has POU.
What's that?
Pushrod on upright
The car is running with a Pushrod On Upright set up, often termed (POU or PROU). Many teams run with this set up, the offset from the pushrod pickup and the king pin axis is a tuneable set up parameter. I have seen F1 set up sheets with figures of 8mm offset.

I had it explained to me by an ex-f1 designer: "When the car turns the outside wheel will drop and inside will rise, this helps grip at low-speed. Its often used in conjunction with Anti-Ackermann suspension (meaning that the outside wheel steers faster than the inside), this can then result in an overall reduction in front-ride-height as you add steering lock."

nokivasara
nokivasara
16
Joined: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:53 pm

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

lio007 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:10 pm
nokivasara wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:55 pm
ScrewCaptain27 wrote:
Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:34 pm
It also has POU.
What's that?
Pushrod on upright
The car is running with a Pushrod On Upright set up, often termed (POU or PROU). Many teams run with this set up, the offset from the pushrod pickup and the king pin axis is a tuneable set up parameter. I have seen F1 set up sheets with figures of 8mm offset.

I had it explained to me by an ex-f1 designer: "When the car turns the outside wheel will drop and inside will rise, this helps grip at low-speed. Its often used in conjunction with Anti-Ackermann suspension (meaning that the outside wheel steers faster than the inside), this can then result in an overall reduction in front-ride-height as you add steering lock."
Oh I see! Thanks, I noticed that abbreviation on several of the threads on this years cars and could not make anything out of it, other than it was something about the suspension/uprights.

monkeyboy1976
monkeyboy1976
2
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:00 pm
Location: Midlands, UK

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post


zibby43
zibby43
420
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 am

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

Image

Image

Image

Image

via Thomas Maher and Adam Cooper

zibby43
zibby43
420
Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2017 11:16 am

Re: Alfa Romeo C39

Post

Nose on the A. Romeo:

Image