CFD of F1T Modified PERRINN F1 Car

Here are our CFD links and discussions about aerodynamics, suspension, driver safety and tyres. Please stick to F1 on this forum.
MadMatt
MadMatt

Re: CFD of F1T Modified PERRINN F1 Car

Very nice! What numbers do you get? Could the outwash of the front tyres wake be increased?

chaitali31
chaitali31

Excellent thread..!!!

ggaggio19
ggaggio19

Excellent thread, really =D> =D> . I am taking this as a sort of baseline for my setup. Until now I am getting a CxS ~1.14 and CzS ~1.8 which is much less than what you are quoting. What ride height you are running the calculation at?

I am not sure why CzS is so off respect to literature... :? #-o

jjn9128

ggaggio19 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:21 pm
Excellent thread, really =D> =D> . I am taking this as a sort of baseline for my setup. Until now I am getting a CxS ~1.14 and CzS ~1.8 which is much less than what you are quoting. What ride height you are running the calculation at?

I believe the car was setup the same as Perrin did - so 20mm front 50mm rear as measured at the reference plane. Ravelli did a MSc(?) thesis study with the Perrin and got a peak CzS of 3.48 at 10mm front 55mm rear. You're getting those numbers with the Perrinn?

In general you won't see real numbers quoted in literature because teams don't want that data out there, and there aren't many teams publishing peer reviewed articles. Gascoyne and Agathangelou wrote a paper in '98 with numbers for Tyrrell who by the publishing date were on their way out of the sport and selling their entry to BAR.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

ggaggio19
ggaggio19

jjn9128 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 8:34 pm
ggaggio19 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 3:21 pm

I believe the car was setup the same as Perrin did - so 20mm front 50mm rear as measured at the reference plane. Ravelli did a MSc(?) thesis study with the Perrin and got a peak CzS of 3.48 at 10mm front 55mm rear. You're getting those numbers with the Perrinn?

In general you won't see real numbers quoted in literature because teams don't want that data out there, and there aren't many teams publishing peer reviewed articles. Gascoyne and Agathangelou wrote a paper in '98 with numbers for Tyrrell who by the publishing date were on their way out of the sport and selling their entry to BAR.
What is the reference plane? I think I have probably got them wrong xD

jjn9128

ggaggio19 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 9:11 am
What is the reference plane? I think I have probably got them wrong xD
The reference plane is the bottom of the car or z=0 as described in the rules - the only thing lower is the 10mm thick plank.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica