F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
566
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Pyrone89 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:11 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 am
Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 am
Max is just a racing machine isn't he, the most talented driver there's ever been IMO.
I think Juan, Jim, Stirling and a few others might beg to differ... :wink:

Actually, they probably wouldn't put themselves forward for that claim because they were generally much less egotistical than modern drivers.
Mwa, Juan Pablo Montoya was good, but not that good. =P~
:lol: :lol: =D>
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
566
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 am
Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:24 am
Max is just a racing machine isn't he, the most talented driver there's ever been IMO.
I think Juan, Jim, Stirling and a few others might beg to differ... :wink:

Actually, they probably wouldn't put themselves forward for that claim because they were generally much less egotistical than modern drivers.
No comparison, they couldn't carry his racing gloves. Part time drivers against a performance line bred racing machine, nice try......
Hmm, I know you're looking for an argument. I'm not going to argue because to think that Max, unproved in any meaningful way, is the best ever is just silly. Surely you should be in a Mercedes forum trolling Hamilton fans. Or have you moved on to other things now? :roll:
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
566
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

hudnut wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:36 pm
Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 am

I think Juan, Jim, Stirling and a few others might beg to differ... :wink:

Actually, they probably wouldn't put themselves forward for that claim because they were generally much less egotistical than modern drivers.
No comparison, they couldn't carry his racing gloves. Part time drivers against a performance line bred racing machine, nice try......
If we are talking about being bred for racing, let's talk about Darwinism. While I don't think comparisons can be made across eras, Clarke, Fangio, Moss etc raced in an era when the consequences of being overly aggressive or making a mistake had a much high chance of being permanent (RIP JC). These guys were the best of the best.
Exactly. They didn't "do a Schumacher/Senna", nor did they do stupid things like move across someone in the braking zone on purpose like Max. If people did those sorts of things, people died. The skill was winning without putting others at more risk than was already inherent in the sport.

If people back then did stuff that the likes of Schumacher or Max did/do, we'd have seen Monza '61 every race. Or worse still, Le Mans '55.

(For those that don't know any F1 before the last few years, in the 1961 Italian GP at Monza, von Trips lost control on the approach to the Parabolica, went in to the crowd and killed himself and 15 spectators.)

Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

Wass85
Wass85
-2
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:07 pm
Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 am

I think Juan, Jim, Stirling and a few others might beg to differ... :wink:

Actually, they probably wouldn't put themselves forward for that claim because they were generally much less egotistical than modern drivers.
No comparison, they couldn't carry his racing gloves. Part time drivers against a performance line bred racing machine, nice try......
Hmm, I know you're looking for an argument. I'm not going to argue because to think that Max, unproved in any meaningful way, is the best ever is just silly. Surely you should be in a Mercedes forum trolling Hamilton fans. Or have you moved on to other things now? :roll:
You love a good argument and always jump to conclusions.

Read what I said, he's the most talented driver ever IMO.

To do what he's done in F1 after such little experience in single seaters is astonishing.

I know it kills you to put a spanner in your Hamilton love fest but you will have to accept my opinion.

Hamilton is one the greatest of all time no doubt but Verstappen is the more talented and would beat him in equal cars.

Please don't take it to heart..... 🙄

Wass85
Wass85
-2
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

hudnut wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:36 pm
Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:01 am

I think Juan, Jim, Stirling and a few others might beg to differ... :wink:

Actually, they probably wouldn't put themselves forward for that claim because they were generally much less egotistical than modern drivers.
No comparison, they couldn't carry his racing gloves. Part time drivers against a performance line bred racing machine, nice try......
If we are talking about being bred for racing, let's talk about Darwinism. While I don't think comparisons can be made across eras, Clarke, Fangio, Moss etc raced in an era when the consequences of being overly aggressive or making a mistake had a much high chance of being permanent (RIP JC). These guys were the best of the best.
Max is not silly, rewind him back to those times and he would adjust his style to suit. I still stand by by statement, linebred racer would beat part-time drivers in any car, that's no disrespect to the old time greats but it is what it is.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
566
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm

You love a good argument and always jump to conclusions.

Read what I said, he's the most talented driver ever IMO.

To do what he's done in F1 after such little experience in single seaters is astonishing.

I know it kills you to put a spanner in your Hamilton love fest but you will have to accept my opinion.

Hamilton is one the greatest of all time no doubt but Verstappen is the more talented and would beat him in equal cars.

Please don't take it to heart..... 🙄
You weren't around when Kimi started in F1 then, I take it. He'd had far fewer races in single seaters than Max had, for a start and by the same point in his F1 career had a similar number of wins and been second in the drivers' championship twice.

Anyway, you're trying to drag this off in to an off topic argument, as is your usual MO. So goodbye.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
566
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:29 pm


Max is not silly, rewind him back to those times and he would adjust his style to suit. I still stand by by statement, linebred racer would beat part-time drivers in any car, that's no disrespect to the old time greats but it is what it is.
Jim and Stirling weren't "part-time racers". They raced everything they could as often as they could. And they won in everything. Modern F1 drivers - all of them - are boys compared to the likes of Juan, Stirling, Jim et al.

There simply is no comparison between a modern single-series driver with all of the back up in the teams, and the guys back in the day. Jim would have no doubt won many more races and more titles had he not died in a junior race at a much-too-young age.

Look at the conversion rates of Juan and Jim. Even Schuie and Hamilton don't get close to the win rate. And that was in cars that regularly killed their drivers, in fields that were much larger, in cars that broke down as often as they didn't.

Anyway, enough.
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

Wass85
Wass85
-2
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:30 pm
Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm

You love a good argument and always jump to conclusions.

Read what I said, he's the most talented driver ever IMO.

To do what he's done in F1 after such little experience in single seaters is astonishing.

I know it kills you to put a spanner in your Hamilton love fest but you will have to accept my opinion.

Hamilton is one the greatest of all time no doubt but Verstappen is the more talented and would beat him in equal cars.

Please don't take it to heart..... 🙄
You weren't around when Kimi started in F1 then, I take it. He'd had far fewer races in single seaters than Max had, for a start and by the same point in his F1 career had a similar number of wins and been second in the drivers' championship twice.

Anyway, you're trying to drag this off in to an off topic argument, as is your usual MO. So goodbye.
Oh but you're wrong, I've been watching the sport since the early 90's.

As for Kimi, history has shown he was average to good. You bringing up the point about comparable stats doesn't really prove anything, all that tells me is he was in better cars than Max.

It was you who started changing the subject when you whined about me calling Max the most talented driver.

He does it in reality and the virtual world, what more does he have to prove?
Last edited by Wass85 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wass85
Wass85
-2
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:36 pm
Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:29 pm


Max is not silly, rewind him back to those times and he would adjust his style to suit. I still stand by by statement, linebred racer would beat part-time drivers in any car, that's no disrespect to the old time greats but it is what it is.
Jim and Stirling weren't "part-time racers". They raced everything they could as often as they could. And they won in everything. Modern F1 drivers - all of them - are boys compared to the likes of Juan, Stirling, Jim et al.

There simply is no comparison between a modern single-series driver with all of the back up in the teams, and the guys back in the day. Jim would have no doubt won many more races and more titles had he not died in a junior race at a much-too-young age.

Look at the conversion rates of Juan and Jim. Even Schuie and Hamilton don't get close to the win rate. And that was in cars that regularly killed their drivers, in fields that were much larger, in cars that broke down as often as they didn't.

Anyway, enough.
I can't believe you're even trying to compare, it was a completely different era altogether.

Please try and keep the talk realistic, Max is the most talented F1 driver I've seen. That doesn't mean he will go on to be the most successful or go down as the greatest for whatever that means.

Wass85
Wass85
-2
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Some of Max's hits.....






User avatar
NathanOlder
137
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:07 pm
Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:01 pm


No comparison, they couldn't carry his racing gloves. Part time drivers against a performance line bred racing machine, nice try......
Hmm, I know you're looking for an argument. I'm not going to argue because to think that Max, unproved in any meaningful way, is the best ever is just silly. Surely you should be in a Mercedes forum trolling Hamilton fans. Or have you moved on to other things now? :roll:
You love a good argument and always jump to conclusions.

Read what I said, he's the most talented driver ever IMO.

To do what he's done in F1 after such little experience in single seaters is astonishing.

I know it kills you to put a spanner in your Hamilton love fest but you will have to accept my opinion.

Hamilton is one the greatest of all time no doubt but Verstappen is the more talented and would beat him in equal cars.

Please don't take it to heart..... 🙄
Unfortunately for me I have seen your post in someones reply, but I thought I'd give you the time in a quick reply.

If Max is better than Lewis and would beat him in equal cars, how did Max lose so much against Danny Ric?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Does anyone play F1 2019 on Ps4, Now setting up a league at

https://rapidpixelracing.com

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
566
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Presumably if Bottas was involved with the e-racing lark, he'd be the best ever... :lol: :lol:
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

Wass85
Wass85
-2
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

NathanOlder wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:10 pm
Wass85 wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:26 pm
Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Hmm, I know you're looking for an argument. I'm not going to argue because to think that Max, unproved in any meaningful way, is the best ever is just silly. Surely you should be in a Mercedes forum trolling Hamilton fans. Or have you moved on to other things now? :roll:
You love a good argument and always jump to conclusions.

Read what I said, he's the most talented driver ever IMO.

To do what he's done in F1 after such little experience in single seaters is astonishing.

I know it kills you to put a spanner in your Hamilton love fest but you will have to accept my opinion.

Hamilton is one the greatest of all time no doubt but Verstappen is the more talented and would beat him in equal cars.

Please don't take it to heart..... 🙄
Unfortunately for me I have seen your post in someones reply, but I thought I'd give you the time in a quick reply.

If Max is better than Lewis and would beat him in equal cars, how did Max lose so much against Danny Ric?
You can't hold your water can you, just stop pretending you have me on ignore. 😂

I'm sorry but I'm sure Danny Ric left for another team, I wonder why that is......

Incase you forgot, Danny Ric is a great driver in his own right but couldn't handle the relentless speed of Max and upped sticks.

If Lewis is better than Max then how did Lewis lose so much against Jenson Button, a driver who was never known for his blistering speed?

Wass85
Wass85
-2
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:11 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:23 pm
Presumably if Bottas was involved with the e-racing lark, he'd be the best ever... :lol: :lol:
I think you overrate him tbh..... 😂

User avatar
Pyrone89
9
Joined: Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:44 pm

Re: F1 To replace canceled or postponed GP's with Virtual ones .

Post

Did I just open the portal into another dimension and is this actually the Verstappen vs Hamilton Fan War topic? In my screen it says something about postponed GP's beging replaced with virtual ones, not sure about you guys.