Fears of another potential F1 team bankruptcy due to financial, F1 should adopt Claiming Rules Team like MotoGP 2012-13

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Opinion Polling Debate: Will arrival of new teams in the future to help the future of F1?

Likely
44%
Possibly
17%
Unlikely
39%

Total votes: 18

theriusDR3

Fears of another potential F1 team bankruptcy due to financial, F1 should adopt Claiming Rules Team like MotoGP 2012-13

Last time the F1 team went bankrupt was Fitzpatrick-owned Manor Racing ahead of 2017 season due to financial problems and struggle to find new buyer. Hispania HRT, Caterham, Super Aguri, Arrows, Lotus 1958-1994, Pacific, Simtek, Forti and others were the victims of bankruptcy that time. I believe if budget cap enforcement in place, F1 can attract new teams from F2 and others like in MotoGP did during Claiming Rule Teams (CRT) days in 2012-2013 and Open Class days in 2014-2015 for the new independent privateer teams. New teams can save money by partnering with popular chassis manufacturer brands like Dallara, Oreca, Swift and others. The idea of independent privateer teams like CRT MotoGP in the past is the good idea for saving the sport. If new teams build the in-house chassis it could waste of money.

Your other opinions?

adrianjordan

Re: Fears of another potential F1 team bankruptcy due to financial, F1 should adopt Claiming Rules Team like MotoGP 201

I'm not familiar with the CRT thingy in MOTOGP, how did it work?

In my opinion, anything that encourages new teams is a good thing!!
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️