Why Verstappen will NOT win in 2020

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
dren

Re: Why Verstappen will NOT win in 2020

Max is a race winner and has fought hard to win races. He seems like the kind of guy who can take it one race at a time. We've already see him mature, not pushing at every chance to win, but to look at the long game. I am expecting some dominant performances from him this year, starting this weekend.
Honda!

McMika98
McMika98

Alex will win more races than Max, he will surprise a lot of people.
I expect him to spank Max in Silverstone.

Pyrone89

Why Verstappen will NOT win in 2020?

Because Mercedes is still the dominant team with the best car, as seen in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and in 2020 winter tests. There is only so much a driver can do to change that in this age. And seeing how Hamilton is a 6x WDC so we know he is right on top of the pack with regards to skill we cannot really expect Verstappen to make up that deficit also considering what I just said. Verstappen and Hamilton together are THE apex predators of F1, the car is the determinator. Now if either of these 2 have a slower car and the guy with the faster car is not named Hamilton or Verstappen (but for example Bottas, Albon, even Vettel as seen in some races in 2018, LEC is a question mark) then there would be a chance for these 2 drivers to overcome that car disadvantage, but not against each other.

Topic closed.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

FrukostScones

He will win WDC.
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Laserguru

Moore77 wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 13:12
Laserguru wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 10:10
Jean Todt. We have seen last year how far he is willing to go. This year he has unprecedented power due to COVID19. Nicolas will make sure dad will cover up Ferrari’s usual illegal steps, or arrange a small fine or slap on the wrist worst case. Of course he will then quickly state this will never happen again. Thanks to last years illegal Ferrari engine they are now authorized to direct the fia to ban any beneficial engine technology competitors invent. Jean wants his present and he wants it now. And then to think Ferrari objects a former Mercedess team boss to replace him? No such thing while Jean is king. Were the fia president elections not postponed indefinitely? Good times coming. So now you know why Verstappen must not win in 2020. Maybe time for another Verstappen rule then Jean? Don’t wait too long, it is a short season. Maybe have a talk with Ocon Jean? He is an expert in crashing into other cars deliberately. Needs cash too. Maybe reward by an illegal engine for Renault as already mentioned by Helmut Marko? So many choices...
Anyone want to see ghosts? Plenty in this post.
Happy so see this vision is deemed imaginary. Fortunately I was short in time or would have posted a second chapter. But then again, who knows. The history of f1 is fairytales and miracles, nightmares and intreagues. And fairytales and nightmares are not real, so they say. Which leaves us with... racing weekend!
Engineering thrives on communication. Jus soli defending WDC, love and merchandise McLaren, passion and inspiration Ferrari. Open wheel car racing and karting addict.

dans79

epo wrote:
29 Jun 2020, 19:51
Just remove the NOT, he will win sorry for your loss, Hamilton to busy with BLM stuff, no competition from Ferrari so bye bye Mercedes.
Not looking so good now is he....
197 104 103 7

PlatinumZealot

I forgot to factor in inferior RedBull reliability.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Sieper

Don’t worry. When Max does not make it by a hair everybody will also forget that.

At this point it does look like it will be a walk in the park for Lewis. Maybe Valterri can challenge but I don’t think so. Bottas almost binned the car in Q3. Could have been a pitlane start just as well whilst Hamilton is almost always fail free (when it comes to car control).

Andres125sx

Sieper wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 16:38
Don’t worry. When Max does not make it by a hair everybody will also forget that.

At this point it does look like it will be a walk in the park for Lewis. Maybe Valterri can challenge but I don’t think so. Bottas almost binned the car in Q3. Could have been a pitlane start just as well whilst Hamilton is almost always fail free (when it comes to car control).
Hamilton has never been fail free, under pressure he makes some mistakes, only that in recent years he´s never been under pressure. Rosberg is not world champion because of Hamilton´s lack of mistakes exactly :wink:

ispano6

Laserguru wrote:
03 Jul 2020, 23:59
Moore77 wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 13:12
Laserguru wrote:
27 Jun 2020, 10:10
Jean Todt. We have seen last year how far he is willing to go. This year he has unprecedented power due to COVID19. Nicolas will make sure dad will cover up Ferrari’s usual illegal steps, or arrange a small fine or slap on the wrist worst case. Of course he will then quickly state this will never happen again. Thanks to last years illegal Ferrari engine they are now authorized to direct the fia to ban any beneficial engine technology competitors invent. Jean wants his present and he wants it now. And then to think Ferrari objects a former Mercedess team boss to replace him? No such thing while Jean is king. Were the fia president elections not postponed indefinitely? Good times coming. So now you know why Verstappen must not win in 2020. Maybe time for another Verstappen rule then Jean? Don’t wait too long, it is a short season. Maybe have a talk with Ocon Jean? He is an expert in crashing into other cars deliberately. Needs cash too. Maybe reward by an illegal engine for Renault as already mentioned by Helmut Marko? So many choices...
Anyone want to see ghosts? Plenty in this post.
Happy so see this vision is deemed imaginary. Fortunately I was short in time or would have posted a second chapter. But then again, who knows. The history of f1 is fairytales and miracles, nightmares and intreagues. And fairytales and nightmares are not real, so they say. Which leaves us with... racing weekend!
Doesn't sound too imaginary to me. Truth is stranger than fiction. Also, if needed, Red Bull can call on the torpedo. And perhaps the prodigal son as well.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

in simple word RB is building next Vettel - MAX. The driver should be matured under correct Guideline however RB is missing that part and their previous star driver Vettel suffering for that in Ferrari.

As Said above, if Max move out from RB then only we can judge his capability.

I may get Negative rating for this but this is how it is.

Sieper

Seems unlikely. This topic cannot be rated. Berate we can you not! I always have a little chuckle when I see the topic name. It is both an attempt at bashing as well as a big honour.

dans79

Sieper wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 11:15
Seems unlikely. This topic cannot be rated. Berate we can you not! I always have a little chuckle when I see the topic name. It is both an attempt at bashing as well as a big honour.
Are you expecting everyone to just get along? If so, I'm sorry to say the world doesn't work that way. People are always going to disagree on some things, and in some cases vehemently so (politics for example).
197 104 103 7

Pyrone89

Pyrone89 wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 22:25
Why Verstappen will NOT win in 2020?

Because Mercedes is still the dominant team with the best car, as seen in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and in 2020 winter tests. There is only so much a driver can do to change that in this age. And seeing how Hamilton is a 6x WDC so we know he is right on top of the pack with regards to skill we cannot really expect Verstappen to make up that deficit also considering what I just said. Verstappen and Hamilton together are THE apex predators of F1, the car is the determinator. Now if either of these 2 have a slower car and the guy with the faster car is not named Hamilton or Verstappen (but for example Bottas, Albon, even Vettel as seen in some races in 2018, LEC is a question mark) then there would be a chance for these 2 drivers to overcome that car disadvantage, but not against each other.

Topic closed.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

diffuser

The biggest reason it's gonna be a challange for him to win, with a reduced schedule, he's already 25 points behind. Right now it's gonna be hard for RBR to catch up to 3ird in the constructors.