[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gerhardsa

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

Or at least some podiums/race win(s)

proteus

This is my reaction #-o :

If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

NOBS

Is there a possibility of Alonso return during 2020 season(replacing Ricciardo)?

JordanMugen

proteus wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 20:00
[facepalm]
It take it you are not a Renault fan? As a Renault fan^, I think Alonso is a good signing and the best driver available to Renault.

Alonso is arguably a better choice than the other available WDC, Mr. Vettel -- assuming Mr. Button remains retired from F1. Besides Mr. Button is a Honda company man, Renault dumped him for Alonso after all, Jenson doesn't owe Renault anything!

Others choices like Gasly, Grosjean, Magnussen, Kvyat and so on are OK but nothing too remarkable. I guess Lada (as a Groupe Renault brand) would prefer Kvyat for marketing purposes. :)

^ Second to being a Honda fan, as I just think Honda vehicles seem to better engineered and better made than Renault & Dacia ones -- while Renaultsport know what they are doing in terms of chassis settings and driving feel, there seems to be a little bit of lack of attention to detail with the Renault vehicle overall. I've had five Hondas and am on my first Renault.. On the Renault, you notice the much messier wiring, lower quality door panel plastics & clips, greater usage of plastic parts (e.g., clutch line fittings & clutch bleed valve) and so on compared to a Honda (for example, on the Renault one of the control modules for something was doubled-sided taped to the sheetmetal behind the boot trim and had fallen off, lol). :wink:
Last edited by JordanMugen on 08 Jul 2020, 16:37, edited 1 time in total.

RS200E

proteus wrote:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/75b77aa ... d=14881869
Same here.

On one hand...
Another bad choice by Alonso, just adding to "the one flaw" that Alonso has. He could have still been with McLaren right now, who knows maybe even Mercedes with a swap for Bottas for Merc engines for McLaren. Would McLaren still have been in this upward trajectory if he had stayed? Yes of course because all the rumours about Alonso being toxic aren't true are they and he only has 1 flaw and that's making the wrong decisions time and time again. Probably just bad luck and a series of unfortunate events.

In the other hand...
Great to see such a legend back in F1 no matter what team. And I'm sure he will enjoy it whatever happens.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

RS200E

JordanMugen wrote:
07 Jul 2020, 20:20
proteus wrote:
[facepalm]
It take it you are not a Renault fan? As a Renault fan^, I think Alonso is a good signing and the best driver available to Renault.

Alonso is arguably a better choice than the other available WDC, Mr. Vettel -- assuming Mr. Button remains retired from F1. Besides Mr. Button is a Honda company man, Renault dumped him for Alonso after all, Jenson doesn't owe Renault anything!

Others choices like Gasly, Grosjean, Magnussen, Kvyat and so on are OK but nothing too remarkable. I guess Lada (as a Groupe Renault brand) would prefer Kvyat for marketing purposes. :)

^ Second to being a Honda fan, as I just think Honda vehicles seem to better engineered and better made than Renault & Dacia ones -- while Renaultsport know what they are doing in terms of chassis settings and driving feel, there seems to be a little bit of lack of attention to detail with the Renault vehicle overall. I've had five Hondas and am on my first Renault.. On the Renault, you notice the much messier wiring, lower quality door panel plastics & clips, greater usage of plastic parts (e.g., clutch line fittings & clutch bleed valve) and things like that (one of the control modules for something was doubled-sided taped to the sheetmetal behind the boot trim and had fallen off, lol). :wink:
No offense but no one gives a crap about Renault Vs Honda road cars. That's a billion miles away from what Alonso is doing and how manufacturers perform in F1.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

proteus

RS200E wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 03:26
proteus wrote:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/75b77aa ... d=14881869
Same here.

On one hand...
Another bad choice by Alonso, just adding to "the one flaw" that Alonso has. He could have still been with McLaren right now, who knows maybe even Mercedes with a swap for Bottas for Merc engines for McLaren. Would McLaren still have been in this upward trajectory if he had stayed? Yes of course because all the rumours about Alonso being toxic aren't true are they and he only has 1 flaw and that's making the wrong decisions time and time again. Probably just bad luck and a series of unfortunate events.

In the other hand...
Great to see such a legend back in F1 no matter what team. And I'm sure he will enjoy it whatever happens.
He is too old and too difficult to work with. Since he will demand to be a number 1, Renault will sacrifice overall constructor standind. Far from ideal.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

JRindt

proteus wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 08:12

He is too old and too difficult to work with. Since he will demand to be a number 1, Renault will sacrifice overall constructor standind. Far from ideal.
Who cares if he is a hundred and fifty years old, as long as he is one of the fastest drivers on the grid. If he comes back and drives like Schumacher at Mercedes, then fair enough. But, it’s too early to pass such a judgement.

And the No.1 status is earned, not demanded or given. If Alonso is fast enough he’ll have it, or else he’ll lose it just like Seb did. Besides, Renault is not in a position to fight for wins or championships atm. So, No.1 status for a driver is pretty pointless.

Personally, I’m in a bit of a bind, as I don’t know whom to support when Alonso comes back. I wish he came back with Mclaren #-o

Wouter

Yesssssssssssss!!

The Power of Dreams!

the EDGE

He’s an amazing talent worth a couple of tenths in any car.

damager21

This is good news for fans. Lets hope Renault can deliver a strong car next season. Alonso is the best and ruthless driver out there. He has shown it during his days at Minardi, Renault, Ferrari and McLaren. We need such strong drivers on the grid.

Age is just a number, till he is able to do the best job, it does not matter

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Ground Effect

Amazing, after Abu Dhabi 2018, I would never have believed Fred would be back. He’ll be a couple of months shy of 40 when he returns, but I think he can still be competitive. Does anybody know if he comes with sponsorship?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

shotzski

Ground Effect wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 14:15
Amazing, after Abu Dhabi 2018, I would never have believed Fred would be back. He’ll be a couple of months shy of 40 when he returns, but I think he can still be competitive. Does anybody know if he comes with sponsorship?
Hopefully he could bring some onboard. But I'm thinking he'll have the same setup as he had with Mclaren, with his Kimoa branding plastered on the car.